something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
"several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
the act of submitting; usually surrendering power to another
the condition of having submitted to control by someone or something else
"the union was brought into submission"; "his submission to the will of God"
the feeling of patient, submissive humbleness
a legal document summarizing an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
(law) a contention presented by a lawyer to a judge or jury as part of the case he is arguing
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Patience is the quality or habit of mind shown in bearing passively and uncomplainingly any pain, evil, or hardship that may fall to one's lot. Endurance hardens itself against suffering, and may be merely stubborn; fortitude is endurance animated by courage; endurance may by modifiers be made to have a passive force, as when we speak of "passive endurance;" patience is not so hard as endurance nor so self-effacing as submission. Submission is ordinarily and resignation always applied to matters of great moment, while patience may apply to slight worries and annoyances. As regards our relations to our fellow men, forbearance is abstaining from retaliation or revenge; patience is keeping kindliness of heart under vexatious conduct; long-suffering is continued patience. Patience may also have an active force denoting uncomplaining steadiness in doing, as in tilling the soil. Compare INDUSTRY.
See synonyms for ANGER.
Patience in or amid sufferings; patience with (rarely toward) opposers or offenders; patience under afflictions; (rarely) patience of heat or cold, etc.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
letter to the editor
need some more syns
[time permitting, and when dp is short of letters, ...
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases:
presentation, bid, introduction, communication, presentations, submissions, submitting, filing, presentación, submitted, tabling, submit, bidding, presenting, format, memory, briefing, deposit, display, request, presented, shipment, subjugation, application, introductions, subservience, observations, tender, lodging, presentment, layout, letter, subjection
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use submission in a sentence?
1. Time and the subconscious Time is a quantum, psychological trap of our subconsciousness in which the script of our life is built, our fate is programmed by our subconscious. 2. The sand aesthetics of our mind The wind of inevitability draws memories in the sand and falls asleep with new waves of stories. And the way he does it is the whole art of the philosophy of awareness. The sand aesthetics that our mind draws is washed away by oblivion. And this shows that the mind has no values, because everything undergoes oblivion disappears into oblivion and everything is immersed in newness. 3. Rock music Rock is a high tension of adrenaline in the strings of a rock guitar, it lives and bleeds and the soul soars into the sky, melodies passing from darkness to light. Inferno of blazing anger in the grinding of metal, burns everything around. 4. Insanity is the sweet lie of our minds compared to the truth of sanity. 5. The brain is bleeding from awareness in the inner bio-quantum chamber, in which the organism of the personality is grown, which believes that it has lived for eternity. 6. Dreams are an illusory projection of the deepening of the paradoxical space in life, where the wings of imagination are constrained by the fear of submission both in reality and in a dream. 7. Cunning is poverty of the mind. 8. Dreams are vile jokes of our minds, they are comical self-hatred. Symbolic, philosophical allegories expressed in bright colors of self-irony. 9. The asylum is the abode of society's broken toys. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
I really think at the time it was about submission, i could have become a really big problem for the community and for Warren. I was a little more outspoken than the average girl. But I really think it was about pounding me into submission… I was just the next player he wanted to eliminate and to quickly get control over.
One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways.
Any funding level below ... this submission will require revision to our defense strategy. And put simply, it will damage the national security of the country.
There is no happiness where there is no wisdom;No wisdom but in submission to the gods.Big words are always punished,And proud men in old age learn to be wise.
Translations for submission
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- esitys, alistuminen, ehdotusFinnish
- gèilleadhScottish Gaelic
- 恭順, 屈服, 服従Japanese
- SoumissiounLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- поднесок, поднесувањеMacedonian
- inzending, voorleggingDutch
- представление, подачаRussian
- boyun eğmeTurkish
- جمع کرانےUrdu
Get even more translations for submission »
Find a translation for the submission synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)