the branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures
"he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School"
a room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted
"he read the warning in the doctor's surgery"
operating room, OR, operating theater, operating theatre, surgery(noun)
a room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations
"great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic"
operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process(noun)
a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body
"they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
mathematical operation, process, procedure, operating room, surgical operation, operating theatre, cognitive operation, performance, functioning, operating theater, operation, military operation, cognitive process, surgical procedure, mental process, mathematical process, surgical process
A procedure involving major incisions to remove, repair, or replace a part of a body.
Many times surgery is necessary to prevent cancer from spreading.
A room or department where surgery is performed.
I would discuss hospital policy to you more, but I’m wanted in surgery.
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use surgery in a sentence?
I like to win, and I'll tell you, it relaxes me. When I would come home from a busy day of surgery, I would shoot pool.
There are multiple studies that have shown that patients who do surgery when their function is very deteriorated may improve quite a bit, but their improvement is still not to the average, they lag behind in optimal benefit.
We want to avoid surgery if we can.
A patient who is obese will be at higher risk for complications and often times more severe complications from surgery than someone at an optimal weight.
Back in March of this year, I was diagnosed with a rare, very aggressive form of ovarian cancer, if you read the statistics, it is very bleak. Good thing I don’t believe in statistics! I had surgery and now I am having chemo treatments. I have since grown more tumors and it is going to be more of a battle than I anticipated, but I have a huge faith in the healing power of God and the healing power within me that originates from my God. I look towards a future when I am completely healed and cancer free. I ask for prayers of strength and courage as this journey continues.
Translations for surgery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جِرَاحَة, عَمَلِيَّة جِرَاحِيَّةArabic
- cirurgia, quiròfan, operacióCatalan, Valencian
- chirurgický, lékařský, zákrok, operace, chirurgieCzech
- Chirurgie, Operation, PraxisGerman
- χειρουργική, χειρουργείο, ιατρείοGreek
- kirurgio, operacioEsperanto
- cirugía, operaciónSpanish
- vastaanotto, leikkaussali, vastaanottohuone, kirurgia, leikkausFinnish
- opération, chirurgie, salle opératoireFrench
- cur faoi scian, máinliacht, gnáthamh máinliachta, lialann, obráidIrish
- cirurxía, operaciónGalician
- műtét, rendelő, sebészet, operáció, műtőHungarian
- ambulatorio, operazione chirurgica, sala operatoria, intervento chirurgico, chirurgiaItalian
- 外科, 手術, 手術室Japanese
- 수술실, 수술, 외과Korean
- operatiekamer, chirurgie, heelkunde, spreekkamer, operatieDutch
- operasjon, kirurgiNorwegian
- chirurgia, gabinet lekarski, operacjaPolish
- cirurgia, consultório, sala de operação, operação, sala de cirurgiaPortuguese
- chirurgie, interventie chirurgicalaRomanian
- опера́ция, хирурги́я, [[кабине́т]] [[врач, [[хирургический, операцио́ннаяRussian
- kirurgi, operationssal, operationSwedish
- ameliyat, ameliyathaneTurkish
Get even more translations for surgery »
Find a translation for the surgery synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)