the branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures
"he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School"
a room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted
"he read the warning in the doctor's surgery"
operating room, OR, operating theater, operating theatre, surgery(noun)
a room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations
"great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic"
operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process(noun)
a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body
"they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
mathematical operation, process, procedure, operating room, surgical operation, operating theatre, cognitive operation, performance, functioning, operating theater, operation, military operation, cognitive process, surgical procedure, mental process, mathematical process, surgical process
A procedure involving major incisions to remove, repair, or replace a part of a body.
Many times surgery is necessary to prevent cancer from spreading.
A room or department where surgery is performed.
I would discuss hospital policy to you more, but I’m wanted in surgery.
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use surgery in a sentence?
We freaked out to go from thinking she had asthma to being told she needed to have open heart surgery.
The patient has the least access to the data, but has to make the most medical decisions. It was my decision to do surgery or radiation or chemo, what type of chemo, it’s all in the patient’s hands. Usually they just follow what the doctor says, but they don’t have that same access to the data that the doctors do, patients don’t have access to their data legally, they only have access to their designated record, and if it’s not included in there they don’t see it.
You really have to learn how to be co-captains. Medicine and surgery hasn't been, traditionally, like that.
The women are often provocatively dressed, have had plastic surgery and have bleached blond hair. More than 100 of those expected to be detained are women. Adnan Oktar has also written numerous books promoting creationism and conspiracy theories. It's a British plot.
My gut was ‘Absolutely, I’m going to get tested,’ and then I was like ‘Oh wait, that’s a kidney, that’s surgery,’.
Translations for surgery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جِرَاحَة, عَمَلِيَّة جِرَاحِيَّةArabic
- cirurgia, quiròfan, operacióCatalan, Valencian
- chirurgický, lékařský, zákrok, operace, chirurgieCzech
- Chirurgie, Operation, PraxisGerman
- χειρουργική, χειρουργείο, ιατρείοGreek
- kirurgio, operacioEsperanto
- cirugía, operaciónSpanish
- vastaanotto, leikkaussali, vastaanottohuone, kirurgia, leikkausFinnish
- opération, chirurgie, salle opératoireFrench
- cur faoi scian, máinliacht, gnáthamh máinliachta, lialann, obráidIrish
- cirurxía, operaciónGalician
- műtét, rendelő, sebészet, operáció, műtőHungarian
- ambulatorio, operazione chirurgica, sala operatoria, intervento chirurgico, chirurgiaItalian
- 外科, 手術, 手術室Japanese
- 수술실, 수술, 외과Korean
- operatiekamer, chirurgie, heelkunde, spreekkamer, operatieDutch
- operasjon, kirurgiNorwegian
- chirurgia, gabinet lekarski, operacjaPolish
- cirurgia, consultório, sala de operação, operação, sala de cirurgiaPortuguese
- chirurgie, interventie chirurgicalaRomanian
- опера́ция, хирурги́я, [[кабине́т]] [[врач, [[хирургический, операцио́ннаяRussian
- kirurgi, operationssal, operationSwedish
- ameliyat, ameliyathaneTurkish
Get even more translations for surgery »
Find a translation for the surgery synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)