the branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures
"he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School"
a room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted
"he read the warning in the doctor's surgery"
operating room, OR, operating theater, operating theatre, surgery(noun)
a room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations
"great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic"
operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process(noun)
a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body
"they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
mathematical operation, process, procedure, operating room, surgical operation, operating theatre, cognitive operation, performance, functioning, operating theater, operation, military operation, cognitive process, surgical procedure, mental process, mathematical process, surgical process
A procedure involving major incisions to remove, repair, or replace a part of a body.
Many times surgery is necessary to prevent cancer from spreading.
A room or department where surgery is performed.
I would discuss hospital policy to you more, but I’m wanted in surgery.
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use surgery in a sentence?
Body parts are removed because of trauma and cancer, and there’s a whole field of reconstructive plastic surgery to rebuild these structures and restore normal function— the removal idea is something that no plastic surgeon is going to do, the danger with that is people are going to do what they want to do, and it forces them to go down a different route such as having these [procedures] done by non-medical professionals in settings that may not be appropriate.
There was a lot of scar tissue, but I took the arteries and veins that extend out of it beyond the scar tissue so it was actually a fairly straightforward surgery to sew it into Ms. Boyce, so she has the kidney from original donor and blood vessels from the second.
Many physicians avoid discussing cure as they believe that cure cannot be accurately estimated so they may avoid taking up the topic, physicians may also avoid discussing the possibility of cure because of a belief that patients already have so many other things to think about such as procedure details, risks, getting ready for surgery, etc.
People think I got all this surgery or did this or that, and you know what? We can do a scan of my face, darling.
Now they are talking about separating our land in this country. With God's permission, we will never allow a surgery on the unity of our country.
Translations for surgery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جِرَاحَة, عَمَلِيَّة جِرَاحِيَّةArabic
- cirurgia, quiròfan, operacióCatalan, Valencian
- chirurgický, lékařský, zákrok, operace, chirurgieCzech
- Chirurgie, Operation, PraxisGerman
- χειρουργική, χειρουργείο, ιατρείοGreek
- kirurgio, operacioEsperanto
- cirugía, operaciónSpanish
- vastaanotto, leikkaussali, vastaanottohuone, kirurgia, leikkausFinnish
- opération, chirurgie, salle opératoireFrench
- cur faoi scian, máinliacht, gnáthamh máinliachta, lialann, obráidIrish
- cirurxía, operaciónGalician
- műtét, rendelő, sebészet, operáció, műtőHungarian
- ambulatorio, operazione chirurgica, sala operatoria, intervento chirurgico, chirurgiaItalian
- 外科, 手術, 手術室Japanese
- 수술실, 수술, 외과Korean
- operatiekamer, chirurgie, heelkunde, spreekkamer, operatieDutch
- operasjon, kirurgiNorwegian
- chirurgia, gabinet lekarski, operacjaPolish
- cirurgia, consultório, sala de operação, operação, sala de cirurgiaPortuguese
- chirurgie, interventie chirurgicalaRomanian
- опера́ция, хирурги́я, [[кабине́т]] [[врач, [[хирургический, операцио́ннаяRussian
- kirurgi, operationssal, operationSwedish
- ameliyat, ameliyathaneTurkish
Get even more translations for surgery »
Find a translation for the surgery synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)