the person who plays that position on a football team
"the right tackle is a straight A student"
gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
fishing gear, tackle, fishing tackle, fishing rig, rig(noun)
gear used in fishing
(American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
"it takes a big man to play tackle"
(American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
undertake, tackle, take on(verb)
accept as a challenge
"I'll tackle this difficult task"
put a harness
"harness the horse"
seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use tackle in a sentence?
Afghanistan's national unity government squandered important opportunities to tackle serious human rights problems, as reforms have slipped, so have essential human rights protections for detainees, women, and the media.
We have a lot of communities right now in our country where the levels of toxins in the water, including lead, are way above what anybody should tolerate, we have a higher rate of tested lead in people in Cleveland than in Flint. So I'm not satisfied with just doing everything we must do for Flint, I want to tackle this problem across the board.
We're ultra competitive and the losses still hurt, but it does ease the pain when you walk off the court and see two kids run at you and tackle you right outside the player lounge.
You have an ocean of opportunity, all these soft drinks, water, juices, energy drinks that today we don't tackle.
China's on the hit list to tackle in the near future.
Translations for tackle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- справям сеBulgarian
- placar, placatge, entradaCatalan, Valencian
- takling, talje, tacklingDanish
- Tackling, der Flaschenzug, in Angriff nehmenGerman
- aparejo, afrontar, abordar, emprender, tacleada, taclear, equipoSpanish
- taklata, hyökkäävä linjamies, puolustava linjamies, onkivehkeet, taklaus, taljasto, torjuaFinnish
- takkling, takklaFaroese
- combattre, plaquer, plaquage, affronter, tacler, tacleFrench
- placcaggio, scivolata, affrontare, contrastare, tackleItalian
- להתמודד עםHebrew
- zmagać się, radzić sobie, stawiać czołaPolish
- таль, бороться, преодолевать, снастиRussian
- pribor za pecanje, latiti se, ribarski pribor, prionutiSerbo-Croatian
- talja, tackla, tacklingSwedish
- ele almakTurkish
Get even more translations for tackle »
Find a translation for the tackle synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)