leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure
"we get two weeks of vacation every summer"; "we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
the act of making something legally void
spend or take a vacation
To spend or take a vacation.
This year, we’re vacationing in Mexico.
Free time given over to a specific purpose; occupation, activity.
A period during which official activity or business is formally suspended; an official holiday from university, law courts etc.
A holiday; a stretch of leisure time away from work or duty and devoted to rest or pleasure.
The act of vacating something; moving out.
The Conservative Party’s vacation of the centre ground gave an opportunity to its opponents.
the act of making legally void.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use vacation in a sentence?
German business confidence confirmed the decent rebound of the economy in the final quarter of the year, the Ukraine crisis has calmed down, without being solved; the rest of the euro zone should continue to recover, albeit at a too low pace; and the negative impact from the timing of the summer vacation has finally disappeared.
I went to New York for vacation twice last year, and was so excited to see that people on the street are wearing our jackets, i was very eager to ask them how they like our jackets, but didn't do it because I don't speak much English.
This morning before I went to pray, one of them called me and jokingly said, 'See you in the new year and goodbye forever.' That's all, and then the bad news came. it was supposed to be his last vacation with his family.
There is always going to be a reason to put vacation off, but you need to prioritize that time, not only because your family needs you to, but also because it will make you a better employee, our research proves that HR managers agree that employees who take more vacation time are more productive, creative, and better performers.
I would put nail polish on. I could have, you know, a pair of my sister's shoes on, it was like a reset, it was like a vacation for me. So I had my vacation away from Chris.
Translations for vacation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- إجازة, عطلةArabic
- prázdniny, dovolenáCzech
- holde, fratrædelse, tage, ferie, fraflytningDanish
- Annullierung, Preisgabe, [[Urlaub]] [[machen]], Ferien, [[Ferien]] [[machen]], UrlaubGerman
- libertempo, feriiEsperanto
- vacacionar, vacación, vacacionesSpanish
- tühistamine, vabastamine, annuleerimine, puhkusEstonian
- lähtö, mitätöinti, loma, tyhjentäminen, jättäminen, hylkääminen, poismuutto, vapaapäivä, lomaillaFinnish
- [[aller]] [[en]] [[vacances]], vacancesFrench
- חופשה, חופשHebrew
- szabadság, szünidő, vakációHungarian
- vacanza, [[andare]] [[in]] [[vacanza]]Italian
- 休暇, バケーション, ヴァカンス, 休廷, バカンス, 取る, 休みJapanese
- 휴가, 休暇Korean
- feriae, cessatioLatin
- поништување, одмoра, одмор, испразнување, користи годишен одмор, распуст, ослободување, оставањеMacedonian
- [[op]] [[vakantie]] [[gaan]], vakantieDutch
- férias, [[sair]] [[de]] [[férias]]Portuguese
- vacanță, anulare, golireRomanian
- освобождение, каникулы, [[проводить]] [[отпуск]], отмена, оставление, отпуск, [[провести]] [[отпуск]], отгулRussian
- ledighet, ferie, lov, semester, semestraSwedish
- kỳ nghỉ, đi nghỉVietnamese
Get even more translations for vacation »
Find a translation for the vacation synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)