Synonyms for vacation
veɪˈkeɪ ʃən, və-va·ca·tion
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term vacation.
To spend or take a vacation.
This year, we’re vacationing in Mexico.
Free time given over to a specific purpose; occupation, activity.
A period during which official activity or business is formally suspended; an official holiday from university, law courts etc.
A holiday; a stretch of leisure time away from work or duty and devoted to rest or pleasure.
The act of vacating something; moving out.
The Conservative Party’s vacation of the centre ground gave an opportunity to its opponents.
the act of making legally void.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure
"we get two weeks of vacation every summer"; "we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
the act of making something legally void
spend or take a vacation
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
He was such a constant in our lives, every holiday, every vacation ... my father was part of everything that we did.
These parasites that we refer to as politicians, are nothing but corporate strippers on paid vacation.
God never goes on vacation. He never changes His decisions or location. He is still the same God who is great, regardless of human opinion.
Set up a savings account earmarked for your vacation and make regular, automatic contributions, you want to make sure funds are held in an FDIC-insured institution, and compare interest rates to what you’d get at a bank — though interest rates at banks are so low right now it’s almost shameful.
Why didn’t those parents realize and take her out themselves — they were seeing it, give her a vacation if you see she’s losing weight, say ‘Yosie, you’re not yourself.’ Even a week of vacation. Say, ‘Go, Yosie, you’re very thin.’.
Translations for vacation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- إجازة, عطلةArabic
- prázdniny, dovolenáCzech
- fraflytning, ferie, fratrædelse, holde, tageDanish
- Urlaub, Annullierung, [[Urlaub]] [[machen]], Ferien, [[Ferien]] [[machen]], PreisgabeGerman
- ferii, libertempoEsperanto
- vacación, vacacionar, vacacionesSpanish
- annuleerimine, vabastamine, tühistamine, puhkusEstonian
- hylkääminen, poismuutto, vapaapäivä, lomailla, tyhjentäminen, jättäminen, lähtö, mitätöinti, lomaFinnish
- [[aller]] [[en]] [[vacances]], vacancesFrench
- חופש, חופשהHebrew
- vakáció, szabadság, szünidőHungarian
- [[andare]] [[in]] [[vacanza]], vacanzaItalian
- バカンス, 休廷, 休み, 休暇, 取る, バケーション, ヴァカンスJapanese
- 休暇, 휴가Korean
- feriae, cessatioLatin
- одмoра, користи годишен одмор, испразнување, одмор, поништување, оставање, ослободување, распустMacedonian
- vakantie, [[op]] [[vakantie]] [[gaan]]Dutch
- [[sair]] [[de]] [[férias]], fériasPortuguese
- golire, anulare, vacanțăRomanian
- оставление, [[провести]] [[отпуск]], освобождение, отгул, [[проводить]] [[отпуск]], каникулы, отпуск, отменаRussian
- ferie, ledighet, semester, lov, semestraSwedish
- kỳ nghỉ, đi nghỉVietnamese
Get even more translations for vacation »
Find a translation for the vacation synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"vacation." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 4 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/vacation>.