Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat
"a warm body"; "a warm room"; "a warm climate"; "a warm coat"
psychologically warm; friendly and responsive
"a warm greeting"; "a warm personality"; "warm support"
(color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows
"warm reds and yellows and orange"
affectionate, fond, lovesome, tender, warmadjective
having or displaying warmth or affection
"affectionate children"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"; "a warm embrace"
freshly made or left
"a warm trail"; "the scent is warm"
easily aroused or excited
"a quick temper"; "a warm temper"
characterized by strong enthusiasm
"ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement
"a warm debate"
uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble
"made things warm for the bookies"
of a seeker; near to the object sought
"you're getting warm"; "hot on the trail"
warm, warm upverb
get warm or warmer
"The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
make warm or warmer
"The blanket will warm you"
in a warm manner
"warmly dressed"; "warm-clad skiers"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use warm in a sentence?
1. Depression from loneliness in her there is something lulling and comforting in the feeling of romance, in the emptiness of feelings. Reality seems endless. 2. Depression is a cocoon of rebirth. You become a person super deep and not of the world of everything. 3. I understand it is not easy to fall in love again, you need to delve into the new plot of a love series, and all series end the same way, or degrade, or funding for the continuation of the story ends. 4. Loneliness is hormones in your pants. 5. Depression is a hang glider, you run in despair from loneliness and take off and see how beautiful romantic depression is, there is something warm and tender in it - this is the greatness of life. 6. Demand to sue the one who wrote the script of your life. 7. Love is non-conformism in the world of economics. 8. The economy sets trends in philosophy, although it is extremely unstable due to inflation. 9. Interaction of inertia in engineering thinking, will overcome all frontiers of success. 10. Roads of the city are the nervous system of impulses point, and to point b or the circulatory system. Which is increasingly experiencing the paralysis of egoism in evolutionary thinking. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
May there always be work for your hands to do, May your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine warm on your windowpane, May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
Rather than end my trip there, I bit the bullet and I decided to stop in at a motel and dry off and warm up, that was kind of a low point. I had tried to do this . . . just like Grandpa Joshua did. Sleeping under the stars, fording the rivers, carrying all my own food.
My book deals with my bi-racial family in a candid, warm, personal and socially important way, maybe when Meghan is more mature and reads the book she’ll understand. Some of it she won’t like, some of it she might.
It became clear that there were two main factors, first that overall climates were becoming cooler, and this made life harder for the dinosaurs which likely relied on warm temperatures, then, the loss of herbivores made the ecosystems unstable and prone to [an] extinction cascade. We also found that the longer-lived dinosaur species were more liable to extinction, perhaps reflecting that they could not adapt to the new conditions on Earth.
Translations for warm
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- دافئ, دفيءArabic
- tomm, klouarBreton
- càlid, calentCatalan, Valencian
- teplý, ohřát, vřelý, zahřátCzech
- varm, holde, varme, interessere, opvarme, lunDanish
- fürsorglich, warm, warmherzig, wärmenGerman
- cálido, calentar, caliente, calurosoSpanish
- lämmitellä, lämmin, lämpöinen, palava, lämmetä, lämmittääFinnish
- réchauffer, chaud, chaleureuse, chauffer, cordial, enflammée, chaude, échauffer, chaleureux, cordiale, enflamméFrench
- waarmWestern Frisian
- blàth, garScottish Gaelic
- morno, quenteGalician
- נפתח, חמה, חמים, חמימה, חם, חימםHebrew
- गर्म, गरमHindi
- տաք, ջերմArmenian
- cordial, calorose, calideInterlingua
- caldo, affezionarsi a, caloroso, scaldare, cordiale, accostarsi a, riscaldare, ardenteItalian
- 温める, 暖かい, 温かい, 暖めるJapanese
- 따뜻하다, 따뜻한Korean
- calefacio, calesco, caleo, calidusLatin
- wuarm, waarm, wiermenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- silts, sildītLatvian
- နွေး, ပူBurmese
- warmlopen, warm, verwarmen, warm houden, opwarmenDutch
- varmeNorwegian Nynorsk
- ciepły, żarliwy, ogrzewaćPolish
- esquentar, morno, caloroso, aquecer, cordialPortuguese
- cald, caldă, apropiată, încălzi, apropiatRomanian
- grijati, topao, топао, žarkiSerbo-Croatian
- ogreti, topel, segreti, gretiSlovene
- సాదరంగా, సాదరమైన, వెచ్చనిTelugu
Get even more translations for warm »
Find a translation for the warm synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)