Synonyms for auxiliary
ɔgˈzɪl yə ri, -ˈzɪl ə-aux·il·ia·ry
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term auxiliary.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
An auxiliary is a person or thing that helps in a subordinate capacity. Allies unite as equals; auxiliaries are, at least technically, inferiors or subordinates. Yet the auxiliary is more than a mere assistant. The word is oftenest found in the plural, and in the military sense; auxiliaries are troops of one nation uniting with the armies, and acting under the orders, of another. Mercenaries serve only for pay; auxiliaries often for reasons of state, policy, or patriotism as well. Compare ACCESSORY; APPENDAGE.
The auxiliaries of the Romans; an auxiliary in a good cause; an auxiliary to learning.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
someone who acts as assistant
auxiliary, subsidiary, supplemental, supplementaryadjective
functioning in a supporting capacity
"the main library and its auxiliary branches"
accessory, adjunct, ancillary, adjuvant, appurtenant, auxiliaryadjective
furnishing added support
"an ancillary pump"; "an adjuvant discipline to forms of mysticism"; "The mind and emotions are auxiliary to each other"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
See Self-help support group
Words popularity by usage frequency
It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on.
Apple is going through a transition period right now, i still believe that Apple will remain to its core a product company and that The Services segment are still auxiliary.
It's implausible because I was an auxiliary bishop and I had no access to money or - no access to significant resources, it's implausible because, of course, the attempt to bribe someone is criminal.
It is, therefore, a fact of law and of practical necessity that individuals are responsible for their own safety, and that of their loved ones. Police protection must be recognized for what it is: only an auxiliary general deterrent.
Due to the prevailing security situation and as no system is set in place for handling dead bodies, the LRCS conduct these activities as an auxiliary to the authorities, their role is limited to the collection and transfer of dead bodies to the competent authorities.
Translations for auxiliary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- спомагателен глагол, допълнителен, помощник, резервен, спомагателен, помощенBulgarian
- auxiliarCatalan, Valencian
- subsidiär, unterstützend, hilfs-, Hilfsverb, Auxiliar, helfend, zurückhaltendGerman
- ayudante, auxiliarSpanish
- täiendav, abistavEstonian
- avustava, apu, lisä-, avustaja, apumoottorillinen, apuverbiFinnish
- kisegítő, tartalék, kiegészítő, segédHungarian
- helpilo, helpero, helpivo, helpiva, helpanta, helpantoIdo
- extra, helpend, ondersteunend, hulp-, hulpmotor, reserve-, hulpwerkwoord, bijkomendDutch
- hjelpeverb, hjelpe-Norwegian
- posiłkowy, pomocniczy, pomocnicze, pomocnicza, posiłkowa, rezerwowy, rezerwowe, posiłkowe, rezerwowa, czasownik posiłkowyPolish
- verbo auxiliar, auxiliarPortuguese
- вспомогательный глагол, запасной, ассистент, дополнительный, помощник, вспомогательныйRussian
- ȕzgrēdan, spȍredan, ùsputan, príčuvnī, pòmoćnīSerbo-Croatian
- yardmcı fiil, yardımcıTurkish
Get even more translations for auxiliary »
Find a translation for the auxiliary synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"auxiliary." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 8 Feb. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/auxiliary>.