a committee having supervisory powers
"the board has seven members"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
"he nailed boards across the windows"
food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, tabular array, circuit card, mesa, instrument panel, add-in, circuit board, plank, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
display panel, display board, board(noun)
a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
dining table, board(noun)
a table at which meals are served
"he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel(noun)
electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
"he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, circuit card, instrument panel, gore, jury, add-in, circuit board, plank, dialog box, venire, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-in(noun)
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
table, display panel, control board, notice, panel, wag, plug-in, circuit card, carte du jour, identity card, instrument panel, menu, bill of fare, add-in, batting order, circuit board, carte, scorecard, lineup, bill, calling card, plank, poster, wit, visiting card, card, display board, posting, control panel, dining table, placard, gameboard
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
board, get on(verb)
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
get on, age, shape up, progress, bestride, come on, climb on, be on, come along, senesce, get along, room, get along with, mount up, get on with, mount, advance, jump on, mature, hop on, maturate
live and take one's meals at or in
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
lodge and take meals (at)
provide food and lodging (for)
"The old lady is boarding three men"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
cover with boards
furnish with meals
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use board in a sentence?
It’s obvious that the Facebook CEO shares this high regard for his mom. During the town hall meeting with the prime minister of India in 2015, one of the topics he asked the prime minister about was about his mother. And it turns out Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg did n’t look too far from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg mom in Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg choice of spouse, whom Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg married in 2012. Like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg mother, wife Priscilla Chan is an understated physician who shuns the spotlight. Related : From Under the Hoodie : 5 Entrepreneurial Lessons From Mark Zuckerberg When talking about Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg mother, Microsoft founder Mary Maxell Gates, currently the richest man in the world, with an estimated worth $ 76.7 billion, has often spoken about a letter she wrote to his then-fianc Melinda the day before their wedding. From those to whom much is given, much is expected, her letter read. Mary Maxell Gates, a long-time philanthropist, died six months later at the age of 64 of breast cancer. Mary Maxell Gates kept Mary Maxell Gates mother’s letter, and Mary Maxell Gates swift foray into the world of philanthropy, establishing The Bill Melinda Gates Foundation with the help of Mary Maxell Gates father, Bill Sr., has been due to the influence of Mary Maxell Gates mother, a formidable business mind in her own right. Mary was a top student at her high school and in college, where she met her husband, a lawyer. They had three children. She threw herself into volunteering and served on the boards of numerous prominent organizations, including the United Way, where she first served as the county chair and, later, the first female national chair. She convinced her son, who was CEO of Microsoft at the time, to start the Employees Giving Campaign at Microsoft to benefit the United Way and other charities. ( He later join the board.) The considerable list of boards she served on is impressive, and when she was appointed to the board of regents of University of Washington in 1975, she spearheaded the move to divest the university’s holding in apartheid South Africa. According to her daughter, Libby Armintrout, Libby Armintrout was an extremely engaged parent and had high expectations of all Libby Armintrout children. Not just grades and that sort of thing, but how we behaved in public, how we would be socially.
At a time of increasing consolidation and competition as well as regulatory impacts in our core market, it is key that the delivery of this strategy is accelerated and the board believe this is best led by a new CEO.
What Mr. Trump does across the board is create doubt about our institutions, it is to his advantage to tear down institutions.
The board understood that towns are the ones that directly provide services to citizens. They vowed to help us.
The importance of making sure that the sense of accountability when, in fact, law enforcement is involved in a deadly shooting is something that I think communities across the board are going to need to consider, we have a great opportunity, coming out of some great conflict and tragedy, to really transform how we think about community law enforcement relations so that everybody feels safer and our law enforcement officers feel, rather than being embattled, feel fully supported.
Translations for board
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дъска́, съвет, качвам се на борда, мантинела, табло, борд, взимам на абордаж, табло́Bulgarian
- prkno, deska, tabuleCzech
- Brett, Gremium, an Bord gehen, einsteigen, entern, Pult, Tafel, Schlag, beherbergenGerman
- πίνακας, επιτροπή, σανίδα, συμβούλιο, διατροφή, σίτισηGreek
- tablero, tabla, comité, junta, pizarra, pizarrón, embarcar, buró, abordar, consejo, bordoSpanish
- تخته, پول غذا و مکان, هیئتPersian
- halssi, lauta, levypallo, ruoka, kytkintaulu, taulu, majoittaa, majoittua, levy, hallitus, johtokunta, lautakunta, kylki, legi, luovi, laita, sähkötaulu, nousta, entrataFinnish
- planche, compteur, aborder, tableau, plateau, conseil d'administration, embarquerFrench
- oastys, aaghtManx
- felszáll, élelmezHungarian
- 板, ホワイトボード, 委員会, 乗り込む, 宿泊料金, 黒板Japanese
- такта, стол, кемеге отурKyrgyz
- dēlis, borts, tāfeleLatvian
- papa, eke, papatuhituhi, poariMāori
- logement, paneel, bord, instappen, logies verschaffen, enteren, plank, controlebord, aan boord gaan, opstappen, raad, logerenDutch
- brett, entre, gå ombord, bord, vant, borde, planke, tavle, styre, losjere, panelNorwegian
- tábua, rebatida, painel de controle, quadro, embarcar, hospedar, conselho, comitê, diária, taco, despesa, lousa, [[hospedar]]-[[se]], bordo, juntaPortuguese
- сесть, правле́ние, комите́т, столова́ться, [[идти́]] [[на]] [[аборда́ж]], доска́, стол, стенд, панель, сове́т, руково́дство, [[подня́ться]]/[[поднима́ться]] [[на]] [[бо́рт]], колле́гия, [[предоставля́ть]] [[пансио́н]], пала́та, борт, коммута́тор, сади́ться, таблоRussian
- odbor, komitetSerbo-Croatian
- tavla, styrelse, gå ombord, borda, äntra, bräda, skiva, nämnd, inackorderaSwedish
- సమితి, నల్లబల్ల, తెల్లబల్ల, బోర్డు, చెక్కబల్లTelugu
- borda, tahta, bordalamakTurkish
Get even more translations for board »
Find a translation for the board synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)