Synonyms for board
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term board.
a committee having supervisory powers
"the board has seven members"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
"he nailed boards across the windows"
food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, tabular array, circuit card, mesa, instrument panel, add-in, circuit board, plank, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
display panel, display board, boardnoun
a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
dining table, boardnoun
a table at which meals are served
"he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panelnoun
electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
"he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, circuit card, instrument panel, gore, jury, add-in, circuit board, plank, dialog box, venire, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-innoun
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
table, display panel, control board, notice, panel, wag, plug-in, circuit card, carte du jour, identity card, instrument panel, menu, bill of fare, add-in, batting order, circuit board, carte, scorecard, lineup, bill, calling card, plank, poster, wit, visiting card, card, display board, posting, control panel, dining table, placard, gameboard
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
board, get onverb
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
get on, age, shape up, progress, bestride, come on, climb on, be on, come along, senesce, get along, room, get along with, mount up, get on with, mount, advance, jump on, mature, hop on, maturate
live and take one's meals at or in
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
lodge and take meals (at)
provide food and lodging (for)
"The old lady is boarding three men"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
cover with boards
furnish with meals
Words popularity by usage frequency
For the past 14 years, Postal Service has had limited pricing authority to respond to changing market realities, as part of our 10-year plan to achieve financial sustainability and service excellence, the Postal Service and the Board of Governors are committed to judiciously implementing a rational pricing approach that helps enable us to remain viable and competitive and offer reliable postal services that are among the most affordable in the world.
It feels great to contribute at that point in the game, we needed a goal. I think everyone on the ice touched the puck. It was a great play by all the guys. It was nice to get on the board and it feels even better to get the win.
The allegations of assault, and allegations of collusion by the Board President are reprehensible, and neither party should be allowed to make decisions that involve the over 45,000 women and children in our school district.
That’s been the story, that’s been the story of the year, it’s just us shooting ourselves in the foot. Once we eliminate those penalties, sacks on my part where I should just throw the ball away, throw the ball down to the ground — once we eliminate those, we start seeing more points come up on the board and have more success. I thought our whole defense played great tonight and put us in a position to win.
This is a sure sign that having seen the scale of proxy votes from shareholders mounting up in favour of a shakeup, the Board has rightly determined compromise is better than a very public defeat, the status quo is clearly no longer an option but the first vital step is for a de-escalation of tensions after the war of words of recent weeks.
Translations for board
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дъска́, съвет, качвам се на борда, мантинела, табло, борд, взимам на абордаж, табло́Bulgarian
- prkno, deska, tabuleCzech
- Brett, Gremium, an Bord gehen, einsteigen, entern, Pult, Tafel, Schlag, beherbergenGerman
- πίνακας, επιτροπή, σανίδα, συμβούλιο, διατροφή, σίτισηGreek
- tablero, tabla, comité, junta, pizarra, pizarrón, embarcar, buró, abordar, consejo, bordoSpanish
- تخته, پول غذا و مکان, هیئتPersian
- halssi, lauta, levypallo, ruoka, kytkintaulu, taulu, majoittaa, majoittua, levy, hallitus, johtokunta, lautakunta, kylki, legi, luovi, laita, sähkötaulu, nousta, entrataFinnish
- planche, compteur, aborder, tableau, plateau, conseil d'administration, embarquerFrench
- oastys, aaghtManx
- felszáll, élelmezHungarian
- 板, ホワイトボード, 委員会, 乗り込む, 宿泊料金, 黒板Japanese
- такта, стол, кемеге отурKyrgyz
- dēlis, borts, tāfeleLatvian
- papa, eke, papatuhituhi, poariMāori
- logement, paneel, bord, instappen, logies verschaffen, enteren, plank, controlebord, aan boord gaan, opstappen, raad, logerenDutch
- brett, entre, gå ombord, bord, vant, borde, planke, tavle, styre, losjere, panelNorwegian
- tábua, rebatida, painel de controle, quadro, embarcar, hospedar, conselho, comitê, diária, taco, despesa, lousa, [[hospedar]]-[[se]], bordo, juntaPortuguese
- сесть, правле́ние, комите́т, столова́ться, [[идти́]] [[на]] [[аборда́ж]], доска́, стол, стенд, панель, сове́т, руково́дство, [[подня́ться]]/[[поднима́ться]] [[на]] [[бо́рт]], колле́гия, [[предоставля́ть]] [[пансио́н]], пала́та, борт, коммута́тор, сади́ться, таблоRussian
- odbor, komitetSerbo-Croatian
- tavla, styrelse, gå ombord, borda, äntra, bräda, skiva, nämnd, inackorderaSwedish
- సమితి, నల్లబల్ల, తెల్లబల్ల, బోర్డు, చెక్కబల్లTelugu
- borda, tahta, bordalamakTurkish
Get even more translations for board »
Find a translation for the board synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"board." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 28 Sep. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/board>.