a committee having supervisory powers
"the board has seven members"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
"he nailed boards across the windows"
food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, tabular array, circuit card, mesa, instrument panel, add-in, circuit board, plank, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
display panel, display board, board(noun)
a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
dining table, board(noun)
a table at which meals are served
"he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel(noun)
electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
"he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, circuit card, instrument panel, gore, jury, add-in, circuit board, plank, dialog box, venire, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-in(noun)
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
table, display panel, control board, notice, panel, wag, plug-in, circuit card, carte du jour, identity card, instrument panel, menu, bill of fare, add-in, batting order, circuit board, carte, scorecard, lineup, bill, calling card, plank, poster, wit, visiting card, card, display board, posting, control panel, dining table, placard, gameboard
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
board, get on(verb)
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
get on, age, shape up, progress, bestride, come on, climb on, be on, come along, senesce, get along, room, get along with, mount up, get on with, mount, advance, jump on, mature, hop on, maturate
live and take one's meals at or in
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
lodge and take meals (at)
provide food and lodging (for)
"The old lady is boarding three men"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
cover with boards
furnish with meals
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use board in a sentence?
We believe that making McDonald's leadership at the board level more accountable to shareholders ensures that the board is the strongest it can be to usher in a new chapter of prosperity for the benefit of the company, its employees, and shareholders.
I totally disagree with the idea of putting somebody on the board who has an option on some other people's stock which is only good for two years, it's just not the way to run a business.
Disney couldn't do this, and Apple couldn't do this. They're run by committee, if it was a company run by committee, they would have to react, because the committee — the board of directors — would be threatening to fire the CEO to protect revenue. That doesn't have to happen here.
From this pandemic we have to try to learn…what the gaps are, this is a message even for the developed countries. Across the board you see a lack of preparedness of the public health system, no country is immune. No country can claim it has a strong health system. We have to be really honest and assess and address this problem.
When I first started giving talks to schools or to doctors or to parents about mindfulness for teens, most people in the audience had never heard the word and now when I give talks, almost everyone has been hearing about it and quite a few people have actually experienced it for themselves, so it's just been phenomenal, it's taking off at schools around the country, public and private, low income, high income, middle income. Across the board, it's growing.
Translations for board
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дъска́, съвет, качвам се на борда, мантинела, табло, борд, взимам на абордаж, табло́Bulgarian
- prkno, deska, tabuleCzech
- Brett, Gremium, an Bord gehen, einsteigen, entern, Pult, Tafel, Schlag, beherbergenGerman
- πίνακας, επιτροπή, σανίδα, συμβούλιο, διατροφή, σίτισηGreek
- tablero, tabla, comité, junta, pizarra, pizarrón, embarcar, buró, abordar, consejo, bordoSpanish
- تخته, پول غذا و مکان, هیئتPersian
- halssi, lauta, levypallo, ruoka, kytkintaulu, taulu, majoittaa, majoittua, levy, hallitus, johtokunta, lautakunta, kylki, legi, luovi, laita, sähkötaulu, nousta, entrataFinnish
- planche, compteur, aborder, tableau, plateau, conseil d'administration, embarquerFrench
- oastys, aaghtManx
- felszáll, élelmezHungarian
- 板, ホワイトボード, 委員会, 乗り込む, 宿泊料金, 黒板Japanese
- такта, стол, кемеге отурKyrgyz
- dēlis, borts, tāfeleLatvian
- papa, eke, papatuhituhi, poariMāori
- logement, paneel, bord, instappen, logies verschaffen, enteren, plank, controlebord, aan boord gaan, opstappen, raad, logerenDutch
- brett, entre, gå ombord, bord, vant, borde, planke, tavle, styre, losjere, panelNorwegian
- tábua, rebatida, painel de controle, quadro, embarcar, hospedar, conselho, comitê, diária, taco, despesa, lousa, [[hospedar]]-[[se]], bordo, juntaPortuguese
- сесть, правле́ние, комите́т, столова́ться, [[идти́]] [[на]] [[аборда́ж]], доска́, стол, стенд, панель, сове́т, руково́дство, [[подня́ться]]/[[поднима́ться]] [[на]] [[бо́рт]], колле́гия, [[предоставля́ть]] [[пансио́н]], пала́та, борт, коммута́тор, сади́ться, таблоRussian
- odbor, komitetSerbo-Croatian
- tavla, styrelse, gå ombord, borda, äntra, bräda, skiva, nämnd, inackorderaSwedish
- సమితి, నల్లబల్ల, తెల్లబల్ల, బోర్డు, చెక్కబల్లTelugu
- borda, tahta, bordalamakTurkish
Get even more translations for board »
Find a translation for the board synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)