a committee having supervisory powers
"the board has seven members"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
"he nailed boards across the windows"
food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, tabular array, circuit card, mesa, instrument panel, add-in, circuit board, plank, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
display panel, display board, board(noun)
a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
dining table, board(noun)
a table at which meals are served
"he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel(noun)
electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
"he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, circuit card, instrument panel, gore, jury, add-in, circuit board, plank, dialog box, venire, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-in(noun)
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
table, display panel, control board, notice, panel, wag, plug-in, circuit card, carte du jour, identity card, instrument panel, menu, bill of fare, add-in, batting order, circuit board, carte, scorecard, lineup, bill, calling card, plank, poster, wit, visiting card, card, display board, posting, control panel, dining table, placard, gameboard
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
board, get on(verb)
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
get on, age, shape up, progress, bestride, come on, climb on, be on, come along, senesce, get along, room, get along with, mount up, get on with, mount, advance, jump on, mature, hop on, maturate
live and take one's meals at or in
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
lodge and take meals (at)
provide food and lodging (for)
"The old lady is boarding three men"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
cover with boards
furnish with meals
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use board in a sentence?
Going forward, my engagement with the advisory board will depend on learning all the facts about Jamal Khashoggi's disappearance over the coming days and weeks.
With the landscape changing dramatically in the last several months and the right to safe, legal abortion care under attack like never before, I understand the shift in the board's prioritization.
I think it has the capacity to transform how we look at hold baggage. We've spent a lot of time thinking about the reconciliation of passengers and their bags; since 1988, since the Lockerbie Disaster, that's been a big focus of the airline industry. What the Fly-Bag does is look to those situations where there may be the device on board and how do we contain that. I think it's a really interesting development and I'd like to see it deployed more widely.
The agreement paves the way for the formal approval by the ESM Board of Directors on Monday 23 November of disbursing the 2 billion euro sub-tranche linked to the first set of milestones.
Once I'm on board with someone, I don't change my mind.
Translations for board
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дъска́, съвет, качвам се на борда, мантинела, табло, борд, взимам на абордаж, табло́Bulgarian
- prkno, deska, tabuleCzech
- Brett, Gremium, an Bord gehen, einsteigen, entern, Pult, Tafel, Schlag, beherbergenGerman
- πίνακας, επιτροπή, σανίδα, συμβούλιο, διατροφή, σίτισηGreek
- tablero, tabla, comité, junta, pizarra, pizarrón, embarcar, buró, abordar, consejo, bordoSpanish
- تخته, پول غذا و مکان, هیئتPersian
- halssi, lauta, levypallo, ruoka, kytkintaulu, taulu, majoittaa, majoittua, levy, hallitus, johtokunta, lautakunta, kylki, legi, luovi, laita, sähkötaulu, nousta, entrataFinnish
- planche, compteur, aborder, tableau, plateau, conseil d'administration, embarquerFrench
- oastys, aaghtManx
- felszáll, élelmezHungarian
- 板, ホワイトボード, 委員会, 乗り込む, 宿泊料金, 黒板Japanese
- такта, стол, кемеге отурKyrgyz
- dēlis, borts, tāfeleLatvian
- papa, eke, papatuhituhi, poariMāori
- logement, paneel, bord, instappen, logies verschaffen, enteren, plank, controlebord, aan boord gaan, opstappen, raad, logerenDutch
- brett, entre, gå ombord, bord, vant, borde, planke, tavle, styre, losjere, panelNorwegian
- tábua, rebatida, painel de controle, quadro, embarcar, hospedar, conselho, comitê, diária, taco, despesa, lousa, [[hospedar]]-[[se]], bordo, juntaPortuguese
- сесть, правле́ние, комите́т, столова́ться, [[идти́]] [[на]] [[аборда́ж]], доска́, стол, стенд, панель, сове́т, руково́дство, [[подня́ться]]/[[поднима́ться]] [[на]] [[бо́рт]], колле́гия, [[предоставля́ть]] [[пансио́н]], пала́та, борт, коммута́тор, сади́ться, таблоRussian
- odbor, komitetSerbo-Croatian
- tavla, styrelse, gå ombord, borda, äntra, bräda, skiva, nämnd, inackorderaSwedish
- సమితి, నల్లబల్ల, తెల్లబల్ల, బోర్డు, చెక్కబల్లTelugu
- borda, tahta, bordalamakTurkish
Get even more translations for board »
Find a translation for the board synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)