In a way which is certain; with certainty.
Without doubt, surely; of course.
An emphatic affirmative answer.
Would you like it with ice? Certainly, and with lemon please.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shootingadverb
definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
"the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use certainly in a sentence?
You don’t know what the meetings are about, but the fact that someone has that level of access at the White House is revealing, it certainly suggests a level of influence.
Data-intensive companies were the first... but over the last number of years all types of industries have started purchasing cyber insurance, i think at this point it's certainly clear that all industries are impacted, all have to manage cyber risk.
From an antitrust perspective, businesses have been complaining about OPEC and complaining about these foreign systems for years, i don't think it's an antitrust violation. It's certainly a change in policy.
I certainly hope that the reality dawns on them. The whole country is against this bill.
I don't think the accident is going to cause a mass move away from SpaceX, it will be one more fact companies fold into their decisions and their negotiations, but it's not going to be the only fact, and it's certainly not going to be the most important fact.
Translations for certainly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بالتأكيد, بدون شك, بدون نقاش, من المؤكدArabic
- разбира се, несъмнено, безспорноBulgarian
- certamentCatalan, Valencian
- jistě, zajisté, nepochybně, určitěCzech
- zweifellos, natürlich, gewiss, freilich, sicherlich, sicherGerman
- βεβαίως, ασφαλώς, σίγουραGreek
- ciertamente, sin duda, por supuestoSpanish
- بطور محرزPersian
- totta kai, epäilemättä, kyllä kiitos, todellakin, ilman muuta, varmastiFinnish
- sans nul doute, pour sûr, sûrement, bien sûr, certainement, sans aucun doute, évidemmentFrench
- בוודאי, בוודאותHebrew
- անշուշտ, իհարկե, անկասկածArmenian
- もちろん, 絶対, 必ず, 確実, 全く, 確かに, その通りJapanese
- anaoa, apa ia, āpāiaMāori
- beslist, voorzeker, en of, zeker, waarlijkDutch
- zdecydowanie, z pewnością, na pewnoPolish
- sem dúvida, certamentePortuguese
- desigur, bineînțelesRomanian
- несомненно, конечно, непременно, безусловно, навернякаRussian
- несумњиво, dakako, свакако, svakako, sigurno, naravno, zacijelo, doista, nesumnjivo, наравно, дакакоSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for certainly »
Find a translation for the certainly synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)