Synonyms for certainly
ˈsɜr tn licer·tain·ly
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term certainly.
In a way which is certain; with certainty.
Without doubt, surely; of course.
An emphatic affirmative answer.
Would you like it with ice? Certainly, and with lemon please.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shootingadverb
definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
"the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
Words popularity by usage frequency
In terms of how long it will last, we're less concerned about that. We've used this vaccine type before. Immunity is durable, certainly for a year, probably for longer than that.
President Xi (Jinping) said in Washington last year that China did not intend to militarize the islands and we certainly hold China to that and that's been reiterated to me, in the case of the surface-to-air missile claim, that's disputed by China. We raised the matter and we've had a discussion about it.
It is abundantly clear that the prolonged, indefinite detention of these men, who were critically ill and brought to Australia for treatment, is almost certainly compounding the severity of their medical conditions.
Certainly it is concerning because it’s happened twice in 24 hours, we know that historically these bites are pretty infrequent.
Asian American voters're finally in a place where Asian American voters have a seat at the table, are getting Asian American voters voices heard. Politicians or elected officials who aren't happy with that turnout will certainly push for gerrymandered districts.
Translations for certainly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- من المؤكد, بدون شك, بدون نقاش, بالتأكيدArabic
- несъмнено, безспорно, разбира сеBulgarian
- certamentCatalan, Valencian
- nepochybně, určitě, jistě, zajistéCzech
- natürlich, zweifellos, sicherlich, freilich, gewiss, sicherGerman
- βεβαίως, ασφαλώς, σίγουραGreek
- sin duda, ciertamente, por supuestoSpanish
- بطور محرزPersian
- ilman muuta, totta kai, kyllä kiitos, todellakin, epäilemättä, varmastiFinnish
- certainement, sans nul doute, pour sûr, bien sûr, sans aucun doute, évidemment, sûrementFrench
- בוודאי, בוודאותHebrew
- անկասկած, անշուշտ, իհարկեArmenian
- 全く, 確かに, その通り, もちろん, 確実, 絶対, 必ずJapanese
- apa ia, anaoa, āpāiaMāori
- zeker, waarlijk, beslist, en of, voorzekerDutch
- na pewno, zdecydowanie, z pewnościąPolish
- sem dúvida, certamentePortuguese
- bineînțeles, desigurRomanian
- несомненно, конечно, непременно, наверняка, безусловноRussian
- dakako, свакако, несумњиво, sigurno, дакако, svakako, наравно, nesumnjivo, naravno, zacijelo, doistaSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for certainly »
Find a translation for the certainly synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"certainly." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 9 Feb. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/certainly>.