dialogue, dialog, duologue(noun)
a conversation between two persons
the lines spoken by characters in drama or fiction
a literary composition in the form of a conversation between two people
"he has read Plato's Dialogues in the original Greek"
negotiation, dialogue, talks(noun)
a discussion intended to produce an agreement
"the buyout negotiation lasted several days"; "they disagreed but kept an open dialogue"; "talks between Israelis and Palestinians"
To discuss or negotiate so that all parties can reach an understanding.
Pearson wanted to dialogue with his overseas counterparts about the new reporting requirements.
The movie had great special effects, but the dialogue was lackluster.
A literary historian, she specialized in the dialogues of ancient Greek philosophers.
Once the My Computer dialogue opens, select Local Disk (C:), then right click and scroll down.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Conversation (Latin con, with) is, etymologically, an interchange of ideas with some other person or persons. Talk may be wholly one-sided. Many brilliant talkers have been incapable of conversation. There may be intercourse without conversation, as by looks, signs, etc.; communion is of hearts, with or without words; communication is often by writing, and may be uninvited and unreciprocated. Talk may denote the mere utterance of words with little thought; thus, we say idle talk, empty talk, rather than idle or empty conversation. Discourse is now applied chiefly to public addresses. A conference is more formal than a conversation. Dialog denotes ordinarily an artificial or imaginary conversation, generally of two persons, but sometimes of more. A colloquy is indefinite as to number, and generally somewhat informal. Compare BEHAVIOR.
Conversation with friends; between or among the guests; about a matter.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dialogue in a sentence?
I don't have preconditions. If the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani government is willing, let's start right now, if there is sincerity, Iran has always welcomed dialogue and negotiations.
It is impossible to resolve the Northern Territories issue without dialogue between leaders, i plan to have talks with President Putin at the United Nations and hold a face-to-face discussion on the dispute.
I consider it necessary to have a dialogue with Russia, however, this dialogue must be firm and honest, otherwise it has no purpose and it’s a sham.
Dialogue, pressure and deterrence, or military measures -- it's really just a question of how the Trump administration is going to shuffle the deck they inherited.
We do not believe in war and want to solve problems through dialogue, instead of war we should focus on education and health.
Translations for dialogue
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- محادثة, حوارArabic
- dialoq, qonuşma, söhbətAzerbaijani
- размо́ва, дыяло́г, гута́ркаBelarusian
- диало́г, разгово́р, бесе́да, разговарямBulgarian
- dialogarCatalan, Valencian
- dialog, konverzace, rozhovorCzech
- konversation, samtale, dialogDanish
- Dialog, Gespräch, DialogfensterGerman
- διάλογος, συνομιλίαGreek
- diálogo, conversaciónSpanish
- dialoog, kahekõne, vestlusEstonian
- گفتگو, صحبتPersian
- dialogi, vuoropuheluFinnish
- dialogue, dialoguer, conversationFrench
- seanchas, agallamh, còmhradhScottish Gaelic
- שיחה, דו-שיחHebrew
- बातचीत, संवादHindi
- társalgás, beszélgetésHungarian
- երկխոսություն, զրույց, երկխոսելArmenian
- dialog, percakapanIndonesian
- dialogo, discorso, conversazioneItalian
- 討論, 対話形式, 対話, 会話, カンバセーション, 話しJapanese
- საუბარი, დიალოგიGeorgian
- диалог, сөйлесімKazakh
- 대화, 회화, 對話, 會話Korean
- сүйлөшүү, диалогKyrgyz
- dialogas, pokalbisLithuanian
- saruna, dialogsLatvian
- ра́зговор, дијалогMacedonian
- яриа, үгMongolian
- dialog, perbualan, percakapanMalay
- samtale, dialog, konversasjonNorwegian
- kortsluiten, dialoogvenster, dialoog, discussiëren, dialogeren, gesprekDutch
- dialog, konwersacja, rozmowaPolish
- conversação, conversa, diálogoPortuguese
- dialog, conversațieRomanian
- диало́говое окно́, разгово́р, диало́г, бесе́даRussian
- razgovor, дијалог, dijàlog, разговорSerbo-Croatian
- konverzácia, rozhovor, dialógSlovak
- pogovor, dialogSlovene
- bisedë, dialogAlbanian
- dialog, konversation, samtalSwedish
- сӯхбат, гуфтугӯ, муколамаTajik
- söhbet, gürrüňTurkmen
- sorgu kutusu, diyalog, konuşma, sohbetTurkish
- бесі́да, розмо́ва, діало́гUkrainian
- بات چیت, مکالمہUrdu
- hội thoại, đối thoạiVietnamese
Get even more translations for dialogue »
Find a translation for the dialogue synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)