Synonyms for next
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term next.
The one that follows after this one.
Next, please, don't hold up the queue!
Being closer to the present location than all other items.
The party is next Tuesday; that is, not this Tuesday, but nine days from now.
The next week is full.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Adjacent farms may not be connected; if adjoining, they meet at the boundary-line. Conterminous would imply that their dimensions were exactly equal on the side where they adjoin. Contiguous may be used for either adjacent or adjoining. Abutting refers rather to the end of one building or estate than to the neighborhood of another. Buildings may be adjacent or adjoining that are not attached. Near is a relative word, places being called near upon the railroad which would elsewhere be deemed remote. Neighboring always implies such proximity that the inhabitants may be neighbors. Next views some object as the nearest of several or many; next neighbor implies a neighborhood.
The farm was adjacent to the village.
immediately following in time or order
"the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list"
adjacent, next, side by side(p)adjective
nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space
"had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side"
future(a), next, succeeding(a)adverb
(of elected officers) elected but not yet serving
"our next president"
at the time or occasion immediately following
"next the doctor examined his back"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
There's more activity than ever before. In the next 12 months we expect more contracts as we bid for projects across this region, there's a massive increase in solar power installations in the Mena region. This year we will see contracts 10 times more than last year.
I think it was very important for our team in general to just be different, i guarantee that this drop of this special( McDonald's) collection will get eaten up very, very quickly, probably by the younger demographic, and next thing you know you have people wearing NASCAR gear again.
Millions of people open Baidu Maps everyday to look at where they're going next, we can take them there.
European success is the next step, we have the ambition to take the last step, to really make a campaign in the Champions League according to the club's greatness.
I think that we will have answers as to what these pills are capable of within the next several months.
Translations for next
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تالٍ, التالي, التالىArabic
- que ve, proper, següent, al costatCatalan, Valencian
- příští, další, vedle, následujícíCzech
- nächster, nebenGerman
- διπλανός, επόμενοςGreek
- apuda, apude, venonta, proksime, proksima, poste, venontoEsperanto
- próximo, pues, siguiente, próxima, al lado, despuésSpanish
- سپس, آینده, دیگر, پس از اینPersian
- seuraava, vieressä, vierelläFinnish
- à côté, suivant, prochain, puis, après, procheFrench
- seo chugainnIrish
- athScottish Gaelic
- ezután, következő, mellé, legközelebbi, azután, aztán, szomszédos, legközelebb, mellettHungarian
- proxime, sequenteInterlingua
- seguente, vicino, prossima, presso, dopo, prossimo, poi, accanto, successivoItalian
- 隣, 明くる, 次Japanese
- sequens, propior, subsequens, proximusLatin
- соседен, потоа, околен, следенMacedonian
- volgend, naast, aanstaand, nabij, bij, dichtst, vlakbij, volgendeDutch
- neste, følgende, attmed, nærmest, ved siden av, nestemann, som nesteNorwegian
- dalej, następnyPolish
- بل, ورپسېPashto, Pushto
- próximo, seguinte, depois, perto, ao lado, a seguirPortuguese
- затем, грядущий, соседний, следующий, вблизи, по соседству, возле, около, потом, подле, после, рядом, ближайший, будущийRussian
- sledeći, sljedeći, следећиSerbo-Croatian
- ඊළඟSinhala, Sinhalese
- nära, närmast, nästa, bredvidSwedish
- önümüzdeki, yakın, yanında, gelecek, ertesiTurkish
Get even more translations for next »
Find a translation for the next synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"next." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 1 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/next>.