an executive officer of a firm or corporation
President of the United States, United States President, President, Chief Executive(noun)
the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government
"the President likes to jog every morning"
the chief executive of a republic
president, chairman, chairwoman, chair, chairperson(noun)
the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization
"address your remarks to the chairperson"
the head administrative officer of a college or university
President of the United States, President, Chief Executive(noun)
the office of the United States head of state
"a President is elected every four years"
An honorific for the head of state of a republic; see president (definition 1).
the President of the United States
Primary leader of a corporation. Not to be confused with CEO, which is a related but separate position that is sometimes held by a different person.
A person presiding over a meeting, chair, presiding officer, presider.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use president in a sentence?
As we announced months ago, President Obama will deliver speeches from time to time. Some of those speeches will be paid, some will be unpaid, and regardless of venue or sponsor, President Obama will be true to his values, his vision, and his record, with regard to this or any speech involving Wall Street sponsors, I'd just point out that in 2008, Barack Obama raised more money from Wall Street than any candidate in history -- and still went on to successfully pass and implement the toughest reforms on Wall Street since FDR.
President Trump’s characterization of his administration’s botched response to Hurricanes Irma and Maria as ‘incredibly successful’ and ‘one of the best jobs that’s ever been done’ is offensive to the families of the nearly 3,000 Americans who were killed and the countless more who suffered for months without power or running water, he ought to apologize, and Congress ought to investigate what went wrong with the Trump Administration’s response and identify steps to ensure it does not happen again.
This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven.
I don’t know the position of the president of the United States now, i couldn’t express it after the experience we had a couple of weeks ago. … He hasn’t issued anything by way of a suggested piece of legislation. We haven’t heard from him.
No, we always can renegotiate everything we have to make it better, but not the way( President Donald Trump in style) is going about this.
Translations for president
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- presidenta, presidentCatalan, Valencian
- prezidantino, prezidento, prezidantoEsperanto
- presidente, presidente director, presidentaSpanish
- رئيس, رئیسجمهور, پرزیدنتPersian
- présidente, présidentFrench
- ceann-suidheScottish Gaelic
- prezidanHaitian Creole
- forseti, forstjóriIcelandic
- presidente, presidente della repubblica, capo dello statoItalian
- 大統領, 社長Japanese
- елбасы, президентKazakh
- ប្រធានាធិបតី, ប្រធានKhmer
- 사장, 大統領, 대통령, 會長, 회장Korean
- PresidentLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ဥက္ကဌ, သမ္မတBurmese
- naatʼáanii, alą́ąjįʼ dahsidáhígííNavajo, Navaho
- ਰਾਸ਼ਟਰਪਤੀPanjabi, Punjabi
- prezydent, dyrektor, przewodniczący, rektor, prezesPolish
- ولسمشرPashto, Pushto
- presidenta, presidentePortuguese
- президе́нт, генера́льный дире́ктор, председа́тельница, председа́тель, глава́ госуда́рстваRussian
- prédsednīk, пре́дсједнӣк, пре́дседница, prédsednica, пре́дсједница, пре́дседнӣк, prédsjednica, prédsjednīkSerbo-Croatian
- predsednik, predsednicaSlovene
- president, styrelseordförandeSwedish
- раис, президентTajik
- cumhurbaşkanı, başkanTurkish
- президент, рәисTatar
- 會長, tổng thống, 總統, hội trưởngVietnamese
Get even more translations for president »
Find a translation for the president synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)