an executive officer of a firm or corporation
President of the United States, United States President, President, Chief Executive(noun)
the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government
"the President likes to jog every morning"
the chief executive of a republic
president, chairman, chairwoman, chair, chairperson(noun)
the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization
"address your remarks to the chairperson"
the head administrative officer of a college or university
President of the United States, President, Chief Executive(noun)
the office of the United States head of state
"a President is elected every four years"
An honorific for the head of state of a republic; see president (definition 1).
the President of the United States
Primary leader of a corporation. Not to be confused with CEO, which is a related but separate position that is sometimes held by a different person.
A person presiding over a meeting, chair, presiding officer, presider.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use president in a sentence?
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
It's a lot of clown s*** going on that we could just sit and talk on the phone all day about, but it's a few issues that we really wanted to lock into [for the video] like police, the president and just life in general.
If we do make headway, and the president thinks we're close enough that he can close the deal on major issues, then I think he'll want to have a meeting and do that, i have complete confidence in the president, both to close a deal if we get to that point, but also to make that judgment.
I don’t think the president fully understands the ramifications of what Russia has proposed there, and I don’t think it’ll happen.
It is ludicrous to believe Senator Sanders at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldnt win, senator Sanders sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who werent in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever Donald Trump could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020 ? Of course ! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.
Translations for president
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- presidenta, presidentCatalan, Valencian
- prezidantino, prezidento, prezidantoEsperanto
- presidente, presidente director, presidentaSpanish
- رئيس, رئیسجمهور, پرزیدنتPersian
- présidente, présidentFrench
- ceann-suidheScottish Gaelic
- prezidanHaitian Creole
- forseti, forstjóriIcelandic
- presidente, presidente della repubblica, capo dello statoItalian
- 大統領, 社長Japanese
- елбасы, президентKazakh
- ប្រធានាធិបតី, ប្រធានKhmer
- 사장, 大統領, 대통령, 會長, 회장Korean
- PresidentLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ဥက္ကဌ, သမ္မတBurmese
- naatʼáanii, alą́ąjįʼ dahsidáhígííNavajo, Navaho
- ਰਾਸ਼ਟਰਪਤੀPanjabi, Punjabi
- prezydent, dyrektor, przewodniczący, rektor, prezesPolish
- ولسمشرPashto, Pushto
- presidenta, presidentePortuguese
- президе́нт, генера́льный дире́ктор, председа́тельница, председа́тель, глава́ госуда́рстваRussian
- prédsednīk, пре́дсједнӣк, пре́дседница, prédsednica, пре́дсједница, пре́дседнӣк, prédsjednica, prédsjednīkSerbo-Croatian
- predsednik, predsednicaSlovene
- president, styrelseordförandeSwedish
- раис, президентTajik
- cumhurbaşkanı, başkanTurkish
- президент, рәисTatar
- 會長, tổng thống, 總統, hội trưởngVietnamese
Get even more translations for president »
Find a translation for the president synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)