having or showing a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others
"she was tactful enough not to shatter his illusion"; "a tactful remark eased her embarrassment"
showing skill and sensitivity in dealing with people
"by diplomatic conduct he avoided antagonizing anyone"; "a tactful way of correcting someone"; "the agency got the kid-glove treatment on Capitol Hill"
Translations for tactful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- discretCatalan, Valencian
- discreto, de mucho tacto, diplomáticoSpanish
- با ظرافت, سنجیدهPersian
- hienotunteinen, tahdikasFinnish
- diplomatique, plein de tactFrench
- дипломатичный, тактичныйRussian
- khôn khéoVietnamese
Get even more translations for tactful »
Find a translation for the tactful synonym in other languages:
Select another language: