Synonyms for trumpet
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term trumpet.
To sound loudly, be amplified
The music trumpeted from the speakers, hurting my ears.
To play the trumpet.
Cedric made a living trumpeting for the change of passersby in the subway.
Of an elephant, to make its cry.
The large bull gave a basso trumpet as he charged the hunters.
cornet, horn, trumpet, trumpverb
a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
proclaim on, or as if on, a trumpet
"Liberals like to trumpet their opposition to the death penalty"
play or blow on the trumpet
utter in trumpet-like sounds
"Elephants are trumpeting"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
From the east to the west blow the trumpet to arms! Through the land let the sound of it flee; Let the far and the near all unite, with a cheer, In defense of our Liberty Tree
Trumpet in a herd of elephants crow in the company of cocks bleat in a flock of goats.
If you wish in this world to advance, your merits you're bound to enhance You must stir it and stump it, and blow your own trumpet, or trust me, you haven't a chance.
We must ignore the coming public relations campaign that will trumpet this deal as a victory for diplomacy and the false premise that the deal is a choice between peace and war.
She covered a lot of ground, she was the first female trumpet player and the first African-American trumpet player in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She wasn't in the back. She was out front telling you to get up and dance to the music, and she could blow with the best of 'em, always.
Translations for trumpet
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- འཁྱིལ་ཆུང་།Tibetan Standard
- trompetaCatalan, Valencian
- trumpetista, trubka, troubení, troubit, trumpetaCzech
- utgorn, utganuWelsh
- trompetere, trompetist, spille, trompet, forkynde, udbasunere, trompetstødDanish
- τρομπέτα, τρομπετίστας, σάλπισμα, διασαλπίζω, σάλπιγγα, σαλπιγκτής, σαλπίζωGreek
- berrido, trompetear, barritar, barrito, trompeta, tocar a la trompetaSpanish
- trumpettija, trumpettiFinnish
- barrir, barrissement, trompette, baréter, trompettisteFrench
- trumpa, stocIrish
- trompeta, trompetistaGalician
- շեփորահար, շեփորArmenian
- spila, básúna, trompet, leikaIcelandic
- tromba, barrito, trombettista, barrire, strombazzareItalian
- トランペット, 吼えるJapanese
- საყვირი, ბუკიGeorgian
- salpinx, trumpeta, classicare, buccinaLatin
- trompetNorwegian Nynorsk
- trompetstøt, trompetere, utbasunere, proklamere, trompetist, spilleNorwegian
- dilní heeneezgo náhineestsʼeeʼígííNavajo, Navaho
- boodaajiganOjibwe, Ojibwa
- trąbka, trąbić, trąbieniePolish
- trompete, trombeta, trompetistaPortuguese
- раструбить, трубить, рев, труба, реветь, трубачRussian
- गोविषाणिक, बकुरSanskrit
- тру́ба, trúbaSerbo-Croatian
- bori, borizan, feçkëAlbanian
- trumpet, trumpeta, spela trumpetSwedish
- ఘీంకారం, ట్రంపెట్Telugu
Get even more translations for trumpet »
Find a translation for the trumpet synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"trumpet." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 29 Sep. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/trumpet>.