To sound loudly, be amplified
The music trumpeted from the speakers, hurting my ears.
To play the trumpet.
Cedric made a living trumpeting for the change of passersby in the subway.
Of an elephant, to make its cry.
The circus trainer cracked the whip, signaling the elephant to trumpet.
cornet, horn, trumpet, trumpverb
a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
proclaim on, or as if on, a trumpet
"Liberals like to trumpet their opposition to the death penalty"
play or blow on the trumpet
utter in trumpet-like sounds
"Elephants are trumpeting"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use trumpet in a sentence?
So I had a couple of years of playing trumpet. I really enjoyed it, but it was not the kind of instrument you could whip out at a party. Let's face it.
The trumpet on the Angel Moroni statue fell off, and there is minor displacement of some of the temple's smaller spire stones.
And my dad wanted me to play the trumpet because that's what he liked. His idol was Louis Armstrong. My dad thought my teeth came together in a way that was perfect for playing the trumpet.
We must ignore the coming public relations campaign that will trumpet this deal as a victory for diplomacy and the false premise that the deal is a choice between peace and war.
Trumpet in a herd of elephants; crow in the company of cocks; bleat in a flock of goats.
Translations for trumpet
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- འཁྱིལ་ཆུང་།Tibetan Standard
- trompetaCatalan, Valencian
- trumpetista, trubka, troubení, troubit, trumpetaCzech
- utgorn, utganuWelsh
- trompetere, trompetist, spille, trompet, forkynde, udbasunere, trompetstødDanish
- τρομπέτα, τρομπετίστας, σάλπισμα, διασαλπίζω, σάλπιγγα, σαλπιγκτής, σαλπίζωGreek
- berrido, trompetear, barritar, barrito, trompeta, tocar a la trompetaSpanish
- trumpettija, trumpettiFinnish
- barrir, barrissement, trompette, baréter, trompettisteFrench
- trumpa, stocIrish
- trompeta, trompetistaGalician
- շեփորահար, շեփորArmenian
- spila, básúna, trompet, leikaIcelandic
- tromba, barrito, trombettista, barrire, strombazzareItalian
- トランペット, 吼えるJapanese
- საყვირი, ბუკიGeorgian
- salpinx, trumpeta, classicare, buccinaLatin
- trompetNorwegian Nynorsk
- trompetstøt, trompetere, utbasunere, proklamere, trompetist, spilleNorwegian
- dilní heeneezgo náhineestsʼeeʼígííNavajo, Navaho
- boodaajiganOjibwe, Ojibwa
- trąbka, trąbić, trąbieniePolish
- trompete, trombeta, trompetistaPortuguese
- раструбить, трубить, рев, труба, реветь, трубачRussian
- गोविषाणिक, बकुरSanskrit
- тру́ба, trúbaSerbo-Croatian
- bori, borizan, feçkëAlbanian
- trumpet, trumpeta, spela trumpetSwedish
- ఘీంకారం, ట్రంపెట్Telugu
Get even more translations for trumpet »
Find a translation for the trumpet synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)