Synonyms for abort
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term abort.
the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed
"I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
terminate before completion
"abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
cease development, die, and be aborted
"an aborting fetus"
terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
Words popularity by usage frequency
We have been fighting for years, i see young people now, though I hope they never have to abort, but if they do now they can do it safely.
In Gene Kranz demanding, commanding and very monotone voice, [ Kranz ] said, We have just locked the doors and we are locked in this room together. We will leave this room together when one of three things happen we land, abort or crash. After Gene Kranz said that, if you didnt know this was important before, you knew it then.
Is there supposed to be a time frame that says,' Within some window I can abort the baby ?' it doesn't quite make sense from a pro-life point of view.
We should every night call ourselves to an account; What infirmity have I mastered today? What passions opposed? What temptation resisted? What virtue acquired? Our vices will abort of themselves if they be brought every day to the shrift.
I can't wait for the European Union to abort talks with Serbia over my behavior, it is my goal that Serbia should never become a member of the European Union.
Translations for abort
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- аборт, помятане, помятам, абортирамBulgarian
- avortament, avortarCatalan, Valencian
- Abbruch, Abort, abbrechen, SchwangerschaftsabbruchGerman
- aborto, abortarSpanish
- katkestamine, katkestusEstonian
- سقط جنینPersian
- [[tehdä]] [[abortti]], abortoida, keskonen, keskeytys, keskeyttää, keskenmenoFinnish
- interrompre, abandonner, échouer, avorton, fausse couche, s'arrêter, avorterFrench
- fallire, abortire, interrompere, fermareItalian
- aborteren, stoppen, annulerenDutch
- perder, abortar, cancelar, abort, aborto, abortamento, abortadoPortuguese
- avort, întrerupere de sarcinăRomanian
- аборт, выкидышRussian
- pobaciti, pobačajSerbo-Croatian
- missfall, förkrympa, abortera, abort, stoppa, avbryta, rudimentärSwedish
- అకాల ప్రసవం, ఆపు, గర్భస్రావం, గర్భ విచ్ఛిత్తి, గర్భోత్పాటనం, గర్భపాతం, నిలుపు, నిలిచిపోవు, ఆగిపోవుTelugu
- hủy bỏVietnamese
Get even more translations for abort »
Find a translation for the abort synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"abort." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 1 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/abort>.