continuing in time or space without interruption
"a continuous rearrangement of electrons in the solar atoms results in the emission of light"- James Jeans; "a continuous bout of illness lasting six months"; "lived in continuous fear"; "a continuous row of warehouses"; "a continuous line has no gaps or breaks in it"; "moving midweek holidays to the nearest Monday or Friday allows uninterrupted work weeks"
of a function or curve; extending without break or irregularity
Without break, cessation, or interruption; without intervening time.
a continuous current of electricity
Without intervening space; continued; protracted; extended.
a continuous line of railroad
Not deviating or varying from uniformity; not interrupted; not joined or articulated.
Such that, for every \uE00028028 in the domain, for each small open interval \uE00028029 about \uE00028030, there's an interval containing \uE00028031 whose image is in \uE00028032.
Such that each open set in the range has an open preimage.
Each continuous function from the real line to the rationals is constant, since the rationals are totally disconnected.
Expressing an ongoing action or state.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Continuous describes that which is absolutely without pause or break; continual, that which often intermits, but as regularly begins again. A continuous beach is exposed to the continual beating of the waves. A similar distinction is made between incessant and ceaseless. The incessant discharge of firearms makes the ceaseless roar of battle. Constant is sometimes used in the sense of continual; but its chief uses are mental and moral.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases:
continuing, ongoing, continued, continues, constant, continual, uninterrupted, permanent, sustained, on-going, continuously, steady, persistent, lifelong, continue, consecutive, constants, constantly, continuity, standing, continually, fanfold, incessant, seamless, consistent, life-long
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use continuous in a sentence?
There are many children who were disfigured, or crippled, who need continuous long-term treatment. And above all, they need psychological rehabilitation.
We are here to announced anew that our support for Syria - government and nation - is solid and continuous, and we are proud of this support.
1. Modern thinking is a mysterious entity, it is covered in blood and is two meters tall, its smile opens your soul to you and its smile descends to the earth and opens a portal to the dimension of eternal laughter, into a world without values. 2. Death from the dust of all the dead and dust of memories. Fear is all out of the darkness of the subconscious of billions of threads of manipulation. 3. Under the ordinary eye, the eye of anger. Under the eye of anger, the eye of despondency. Under the eye of despondency, the eye of insight of enlightenment of good and light, selfless nobleness. 4. The face tears up from laughter, and there is not flesh and soul, but a continuous smile of awareness. 5. Love is a sports scoreboard, the score of the one who loves more is kept. 6. Truth is a card. An illusion. You tilt a little, you see one, and you straighten up you see another. 7. Lust is erotic poker cards, poker for stripping the truth. Here you will win only loneliness. 8. Reality is a terrible dystopia of smiling optimism, with wired senses, with laughing monsters in your head, that is, your vices. 9. Wandering around in the midst of twilight darkness, the creative person revealed to the world what was hidden in the egg that lay in this fog, essences and monsters of the subconscious crawled out of it through the force field of imagination and depravity, through the force field they arise in the mind. Some in the imagination become prettier, while others are uglier. Then exhibited in a toy marketing store. 10. Careerism (career) is a children's entertainment, attraction mini-golf of self-motivation and discipline. 11. Loneliness is a catcher of erotic dreams. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
There will be a continuous effort to unravel everything.
It is a slow poison. Symptoms appear after continuous ingestion over five to 12 years.
Translations for continuous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- непрекъснат, продължителенBulgarian
- continuCatalan, Valencian
- kontinuální, nepřetržitý, spojitýCzech
- stetig, kontinuierlichGerman
- استمراری, پیوسته, مستمر, بیوقفه, مداومPersian
- continu, continuelFrench
- sìorScottish Gaelic
- folytonos, folyamatosHungarian
- tāhuhu, ukiuki, mutungakore, rōnakiMāori
- ononderbroken, continu, onophoudelijk, voortdurend, aanhoudendDutch
- continuu, neîntreruptRomanian
- непрерывный, длительныйRussian
- sürekli, devamlıTurkish
Get even more translations for continuous »
Find a translation for the continuous synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)