Synonyms for lady
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term lady.
An aristocratic title for a woman; the wife of a lord and/or a woman who holds the position in her own right; a title for a peeress, the wife of a peer or knight, and the daughters and daughters-in-law of certain peers.
My Lady, will you not take pity on me?
The major supernatural figurehead in the Wiccan religion, a triune goddess split into the Mother, Maiden, and Crone.
I would like the dining room to be fully set by tonight; would you do so? Yes, my lady.
a polite name for any woman
"a nice lady at the library helped me"
dame, madam, ma'am, lady, gentlewomannoun
a woman of refinement
"a chauffeur opened the door of the limousine for the grand lady"
Lady, noblewoman, peeressnoun
a woman of the peerage in Britain
a girl in adult form
the woman walked down the street.Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
The President and the first lady pick who the guests are, what the final seating arrangement is, what the menu is, the entertainment. There’s not a detail about that event they do n’t know about and are not influencing.
The first lady is in daily communication with her staff, we've been using the time to plan for upcoming White House and initiative events.
My mother was such a special lady, she lit up a room with her laughter, but she especially radiated joy and thankfulness when talking about the career she so loved and how lucky she was.
It was just a pretty chaotic scene, i was just trying to help. A lady approached me and said she felt like she was on fire. I tried to console her and get her down to the ground.
I'm no lady. I'm Harper Flynt, she roared with laughter, and said, 'You tell Harper that she's just like me. I'm no lady either,'.
Translations for lady
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- خاتون, ربة البيت, سيدتي, ليدي, أستاذة, سيدة, السيدة, ربة المنزل, ربةArabic
- senyoraCatalan, Valencian
- boneddiges, arglwyddesWelsh
- Dame, Herrin, Madam, Damentoilette, meine Dame, FrauGerman
- κυρία, λαίδη, νοικοκυράGreek
- domestrino, lordedzino, sinjorinoEsperanto
- dama, señora, ama, baño de damasSpanish
- مادام, بانو, خانم, کدبانو, بانوانPersian
- dame, madameFrench
- bean uasal, bantiarnaIrish
- baintighearna, bean-uasal, bana-mhorairScottish Gaelic
- női WC, hölgyek, úrnő, hölgy, női mosdóHungarian
- տանտիկին, տիկինArmenian
- signora, damaItalian
- 貴婦人, レディ, 淑女, 婦人, 女性用トイレ, 奥様, 夫人Japanese
- госпоѓа, дама, газдарица, леди, стопанка, женски тоалетMacedonian
- dame, damestoiletDutch
- lady, dama, paniPolish
- senhora, dona, elas, ama, moça, damas, damaPortuguese
- doamnă, dame, femei, ladyRomanian
- сударыня, дама, хозяйка, барыня, госпожа, леди, женский туалет, мадамRussian
- gazdarica, gospodaricaSerbo-Croatian
- dam, damtoalett, ladySwedish
Get even more translations for lady »
Find a translation for the lady synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"lady." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 30 Nov. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/lady>.