English Synonyms and Antonyms
girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fillenoun
a young woman
"a young lady of 18"
a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
a form of address for an unmarried woman
fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
"I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
feel or suffer from the lack of
"He misses his mother"
fail to attend an event or activity
"I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleapverb
leave undone or leave out
"How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
unload, overleap, dribble, lose, drip, vault, send packing, drop off, dismiss, drop down, sink, fail, dominate, fell, degenerate, deteriorate, look out over, leave off, lack, ignore, leave out, throw, cast, cut down, pretermit, put down, take out, devolve, expend, exclude, dangle, send away, set down, flatten, look across, swing, cast off, strike down, throw off, escape, neglect, overtop, command, except, drop, shake off, discharge, spend, overlook, knock off, look out on, throw away, disregard, shed, omit
fail to reach or get to
"She missed her train"
"This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!"
fail to reach
"The arrow missed the target"
"The child had been missing for a week"
fail to experience
"Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
get away, scat, break away, run away, leave out, bunk, get out, break loose, lose, get off, overlook, take to the woods, lack, overleap, scarper, fly the coop, drop, turn tail, run, omit, head for the hills, neglect, elude, hightail it, pretermit, get by, escape, lam
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use miss in a sentence?
I love him, I miss him. I don’t want to bring him home if he does n’t want to come home. I just need to know he’s OK, we try to carry on as normal as best we can.
It's a shame because we just had our driver lineup right where we wanted it with the four of us, you definitely miss (Busch's) feedback. Until the fourth car came this year, (Busch) was 33 percent of the information that went through that race team and it's just a little different there without him for sure.
At one point, Bernie Madoff cornered the hot chocolate market, bernie Madoff bought up every package of Swiss Miss from the commissary and sold Swiss Miss for a profit in the prison yard. Bernie Madoff monopolized hot chocolate ! Bernie Madoff made Swiss Miss so that if you wanted any, you had to go through Bernie Madoff. Bernie Madoff, once the Nasdaq chairman, used Bernie Madoff reputation and savvy to dupe sophisticated investors, regulators and Wall Street banks. Bernie Madoff confessed in December 2008 that Bernie Madoff was running a multi decade Ponzi scheme and that more than $ 65 billion Bernie Madoff claimed to have on hand for investors had dwindled to a few hundred million dollars from an original investment of about $ 20 billion. Bernie Madoff pleaded guilty to fraud and is serving a 150-year prison sentence in Butner, N.C. Fishman reportedly hosts an Audible series called.
From the state with 84 % of the United States' fresh water but none for its residents to drink, I am Miss Michigan Emily Sioma.
I work 60-100 hours a week, so if anyone needs time off, its me, she wrote. Last year, however, the woman claimed the two asked her to babysit on the day of her own important work retreat. Everyone is expected to go [on the retreat], and its frowned upon if you miss it. They wanted to go on a date. I said no, I have an important work event. They continued to nag me about how they havent gone on a date for so long, she wrote. The night before her work event, they called in a panic and said their friend Mike from the next city over had been in a car accident, and I needed to babysit nephew for a few hours. The Reddit user said shereluctantly agreed, but under the condition that they be back by 7 a.m. the next day so she could leave for the retreat.But her brother and sister-in-law did not return for two days, and did not answer any of her phone calls or texts. I had to cancel on my superiors morning of, which looked awful, she wrote. DAD IN TROUBLE WITH WIFE AND DAUGHTER AFTER BUYING MCDONALDS FOR HIMSELF, AND ONLY HIMSELF Her brother had an excuse when they returned, claiming Mikes life was in danger and they were too busy helping his girlfriend. And then, for weeks afterward, the Reddit user said her brother and sister-in-law asked her to babysit many more times, each time saying they werevisitingMike to help him with his recovery. Two months later, however, the woman claims that her company, and the company that Mikes girlfriend works for,had a meeting, and that she ran into the two of them. Mike had never been in an accident, and although [my brother and sister-in-law] had gone to visit them recently, it was for drinks and bowling, not bringing them chicken noodle soup in the hospital, she wrote. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER After confronting her brother and sister-in-law, the woman said they admitted to lying so they could go on date nights. They claimed I gave them no choice since I would never help them out when they needed time together because parenting was so stressful and difficult.
Translations for miss
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- افتقد, اشتاق, أخطأ, آنسةArabic
- trobar a faltar, enyorarCatalan, Valencian
- postrádat, minout, chybět, zmeškat, vyhnout, netrefit, slečnaCzech
- savne, forbier, frøkenDanish
- sich sehnen, verfehlen, verpassen, vermissen, FräuleinGerman
- χάνω, αστοχώ, νοσταλγώ, αστοχία, δεσποινίδα, δεσποινίςGreek
- faltar, echar de menos, errar, perder, extrañar, señoritaSpanish
- puuttua, kaivata, poissa, missata, myöhästyä, ohi, ymmärtää, välttää, ikävöidä, epäonnistuminen, ohilaukaus, neitonen, ohiheitto, neitiFinnish
- rater, manquer, languir, mademoiselleFrench
- caill, rach iomrall, ionndrainn, maighdeannScottish Gaelic
- פספס, החטיא, הִתְגַּעְגֵּעַHebrew
- elszalaszt, hiányol, eltéveszt, elhibáz, lekésik, elmulaszt, nélkülözHungarian
- կարոտել, օրիորդArmenian
- mancare, signorinaItalian
- 恋い慕う, しそこなう, 当てそこなう, 取り損なう, 寂しがる, 憧れる, ミスJapanese
- 놓치다, 그리워하다, 아가씨Korean
- egeo, desidero, careo, desum, missLatin
- verpassen, verfeelen, vermëssenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- netrāpīt, trūktLatvian
- hauare, mānakonako, hemoMāori
- утка, госпоѓица, пропуст, промашувањеMacedonian
- snappen, lezen, ergens, missen, overheen, ontwijken, kijken, niet, mislukking, misser, juffrouwDutch
- spudłować, tęsknić, spóźnić się, pudło, pannaPolish
- perceber, [[sentir]] [[falta]]/[[saudade]]/[[saudades]] [[de]], falhar, faltar, perder, compreender, evitar, errar, senhoritaPortuguese
- опоздать, промазать, попасть, пропустить, избежать, скучать, понять, тосковать, недоставать, промахнуться, упустить, девица, неудача, барышня, провал, девушка, промах, мисс, пропуск, деваRussian
- pogrešati, zgrešiti, pogrešiti, zamuditi, gospodičnaSlovene
- missa, sakna, bomma, undvika, miss, misslyckande, bom, frökenSwedish
- kaçırmak, özlemek, ıskalamakTurkish
- hụt, trật, nhớ, trượtVietnamese
Get even more translations for miss »
Find a translation for the miss synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)