Relating to a (commercial) market.
We waited to hear the latest market results.
We marketed more this quarter already then all last year!
A group of potential customers for one's product.
We believe that the market for the new widget is the older homeowner.
A geographical area where a certain commercial demand exist
Foreign markets were lost as our currency rose versus their valuta
A formally organized, sometimes monopolistic, system of trading in specified goods or effects
The stock market ceased to be monopolized by the paper-shuffling national stock exchanges with the advent of Internet markets
The sum total traded in a process of individuals trading for certain commodities.
market, marketplace, market placenoun
the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold
"without competition there would be no market"; "they were driven from the marketplace"
the customers for a particular product or service
"before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
grocery store, grocery, food market, marketnoun
a marketplace where groceries are sold
"the grocery store included a meat market"
market, securities industrynoun
the securities markets in the aggregate
"the market always frustrates the small investor"
marketplace, market place, mart, marketverb
an area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up
engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of
"The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
buy household supplies
"We go marketing every Saturday"
deal in a market
commercialize, commercialise, marketverb
"Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use market in a sentence?
Entrepreneurs in this market may not be aiming to address climate change as a goal in and of itself, but their projects are addressing local environmental concerns, climate change is a global problem that needs local solutions. The lesson here is that little changes have an impact.
The lobster fishermen kept asking me if there was a market for sea urchin because they were getting a lot of them in the traps.
Wherever you look you can't avoid the vegan buzz in United Kingdom — even though vegan treats are currently only worth £ 10 million in a £ 4 billion chocolate market.
They also need to convince Russia that the strategy of output cuts makes sense despite the loss of market share to the United States.
It was a strong quarter (for Exxon), their diversified model tends to hold up better in a weaker oil market and that is seen in this quarter.
Translations for market
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- база́рны, ры́начны, ры́нак, база́рBelarusian
- বাজার, মার্কেটBengali
- mercatCatalan, Valencian
- trh, tržnice, tržní, nabízet, uvést na trhCzech
- marked, handel, markeds-, markedsplads, torv, markedsføreDanish
- Markt, Markt-, vermarktenGerman
- παζάρι, αγορά, πωλώ, εμπορεύομαιGreek
- plaza, mercado, del mercado, comercializar, poner al mercadoSpanish
- مارکت, بازارPersian
- asiakaskunta, markkina, markkinat, markkinapaikka, markkina-alue, tori, pörssi, kauppatori, markkinoidaFinnish
- marché, du marché, commercialiserFrench
- merkWestern Frisian
- margadh, fèill, margaidScottish Gaelic
- שׁוּק, שוקHebrew
- बाज़ार, मार्केट, हाटHindi
- piac, vevőkör, vásárcsarnokHungarian
- շուկա, շուկայականArmenian
- del mercato, poner a mercatoInterlingua
- 市場, マーケットJapanese
- нарық, базарKazakh
- ಕೊಳ್ಳು, ಮಾರುಕಟ್ಟೆ, ಬಜಾರ್, ಪೇಟೆKannada
- 市場, 마켓, 시장Korean
- بازار, bazarKurdish
- mercātus, foroLatin
- MaartLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ຕະຫລາດ, ຕະຫຼາດLao
- turgus, turgavietė, prekyvietė, rinkaLithuanian
- tirgus, bazārsLatvian
- па́зар, трговија, пазарен, пазарMacedonian
- зах, зах зээлMongolian
- pasar, pekanMalay
- afzetmarkt, markt, marktplein, afzetgebied, beurs, markt-Dutch
- marked, markedsplass, markeds-, markedsføreNorwegian
- базарOssetian, Ossetic
- bazar, rynek, targ, targowiskoPolish
- mercado, feira, compra, [[de]] [[mercado]], marquetearPortuguese
- piață, târgRomanian
- ры́ночный, база́р, торго́вля, я́рмарка, торго, ры́нокRussian
- trgovac, пазар, trgovnica, тржница, trg, pazar, трг, tržnica, trgovinaSerbo-Croatian
- අළෙවිපළSinhala, Sinhalese
- சந்தை, சாற்றுTamil
- విపణి, బజారుTelugu
- çarşı, pazarTurkish
- بازارUyghur, Uighur
- ри́нок, база́рUkrainian
- بازار, مارکیٹUrdu
- chợ, thị trường, 市場Vietnamese
- maketik, maketönVolapük
Get even more translations for market »
Find a translation for the market synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)