plot, secret plan, game(noun)
a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
"they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
plot, plot of land, plot of ground, patch(noun)
a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
"a bean plot"; "a cabbage patch"; "a briar patch"
the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.
"the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
a chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
plan secretly, usually something illegal
"They plotted the overthrow of the government"
make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed
make a plat of
"Plat the town"
devise the sequence of events in (a literary work or a play, movie, or ballet)
"the writer is plotting a new novel"
To conceive (a crime, etc).
They had plotted a robbery.
To trace out (a graph or diagram).
They plotted the number of edits per day.
To mark (a point on a graph, chart, etc).
Every five minutes they plotted their position.
To conceive a crime, misdeed, etc.
They were plotting against the king.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use plot in a sentence?
'Game of Thrones' is a truly epic story encompassing a cast of hundreds of people, several different lands and a complex, fully realized fantasy world, tying up all those multi-faceted plot strands in a way which is both satisfying to the die-hard fan who has not only read but thoroughly scrutinized every paragraph of the books, as well as every scene of the series, while simultaneously proving accessible and entertaining to the casual viewer was never going to be easy. An 'it was all a dream' ending or a fade to black ending as with 'The Sopranos' just won't cut it!
We need to be prepared for a long effort, I invite you to have patience, to have resilience because hard and difficult days are coming, this isn't about some young people who are having spontaneous demonstrations, there is a plot here, high-level organization, some politickers interested in destabilizing the country.
When the prosecutors are calling former chief of the General Staff of Turkey and hundreds of army generals as "terrorists" nobody is not offended but when I call him (current chief of General Staff) corporal he gets offended. (Referring to the detentions of many army generals for the alleged "Sledgehammer" coup plot trial; On the reaction for calling Necdet Özel (chief of GS) as a "only a corporal in our eyes" for his comments about education in Kurdish language.)
You know, the fact that after a plot to kidnap and to kill me, this is what they come out with. They start attacking me, opposed to what good, decent people would do is to check in and say,' Are you OK ?' Which is what Joe Biden did.
They have always made plots against Uganda, we're always on the alert and we'll keep defeating their plot.
Translations for plot
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حبكة, مؤامرةArabic
- trama, conspirar, traçar, complot, gràfica, marjal, traçada, terreny, solar, argument, marcar, planejar, conspiracióCatalan, Valencian
- nákres, děj, obsah, výkres, parcela, spiknutíCzech
- Komplott, ausarbeiten, Handlung, entwerfen, planen, plottenGerman
- αγροτεμάχιο, συνωμοσία, πλοκήGreek
- diagrama, trazar, solar, plano, conspiración, argumento, tramar, trama, complot, conspirar, gráfica, loteSpanish
- süžee, sündmustikEstonian
- merkitä, [[piirtää]] [[käyrä]], juoni, diagrammi, tulostaa, kuvio, juonia, tontti, suunnitella, palsta, juonitella, piirtää, salajuoni, plotata, käyrä, graafiFinnish
- conspirer, diagramme, intrigue, complot, tracer, graphique, lopinFrench
- marcáil, ceapachIrish
- gnìomhadhScottish Gaelic
- telek, cselekmény, földdarab, történetHungarian
- brugga launráð, reitur, teikning, blettur, graf, lóð, kortleggja, skiki, ráðabruggIcelandic
- complotto, cospirare, congiurare, ordito, diagramma, ordire, marcare, piano, tratto, intrigare, parcella, macchinazione, canovaccio, intrigo, tracciare, complottare, disegnare, appezzamento, trama, pianificare, lotto, congiura, schema, planimetria, tramare, macchinare, pezzo, cospirazione, graficoItalian
- coniūrātiō, insidiaeLatin
- whakangārahu, kaikaiwaiū, kara, kōrero kaioraora, pito whenua, whakatakoto kara, ngakingaMāori
- samenzwering, grafiek, plotten, diagram, perceel, bedenken, plot, complotDutch
- fabuła, wykres, spisek, działkaPolish
- complô, diagrama, conceber, trama, lote, marcar, argumento, traçar, gráficoPortuguese
- subiect, urzi, complotRomanian
- граф, делянка, сговор, сюжет, диаграмма, заговор, фабула, график, участок, наделRussian
- kovati, snutiSerbo-Croatian
- sammansvärjning, intrig, komplott, handling, konspireraSwedish
Get even more translations for plot »
Find a translation for the plot synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)