professional, professional person(noun)
a person engaged in one of the learned professions
an athlete who plays for pay
an authority qualified to teach apprentices
master key, master copy, schoolmaster, original, passkey, maestro, superior, victor, master, overlord, passe-partout, sea captain, headmaster, captain, professional person, lord, pro, skipper
engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood
"the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications"; "began her professional career after the Olympics"; "professional theater"; "professional football"; "a professional cook"; "professional actors and athletes"
of or relating to or suitable as a profession
"professional organizations"; "a professional field such as law"
characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession
"professional conduct"; "professional ethics"; "a thoroughly professional performance"
of or relating to a profession
"we need professional advice"; "professional training"; "professional equipment for his new office"
engaged in by members of a profession
"professional occupations include medicine and the law and teaching"
List of paraphrases:
vocational, professionals, occupational, career, profession, professionalism, professionnel, professionnelle, professions, practitioners, professionnels, profesional, professionally, specialized, professionnelles, work-related, administrators, specialist, practitioner, professional-level, profissional, pro, job, administrator, job-related, work, majors, professionel, expert, business, technical
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use professional in a sentence?
A professional wasnt a proffesional before he started learning the proffesion.
The best employee is not the one who stays more, but who paves more the road for an excellence growth on the personal or professional ground by the ways he or she spends his or her any number of days.
Even though we try to keep a professional distance, we become involved with the family over time, it warms my heart to see single mothers or struggling families make it, get good jobs, and get off public assistance.
The most important factor (for being in Belarus) are strong schools of training for professional engineers.
(It's) a rich sector in which to play, in which to contribute ideas and information, to invest, to create business, to be a medical professional and to be an activist.
Translations for professional
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- محترفة, محترفArabic
- professional, peritCatalan, Valencian
- profesionál, profesionálníCzech
- Professioneller, Profi, professionell, Professionelle, berufsmäßig, BerufGerman
- επαγγελματίας, επιτηδευματίαςGreek
- profesionista, profesionalSpanish
- ammattilainen, asiantuntija, ammattimies, ammattimainen, ekspertti, ammatillinenFinnish
- professionnel, professionnelleFrench
- gairmiúil, gairmíIrish
- profi, szaki, szakember, hivatásos, szakértő, professzionális, szakmaiHungarian
- professionale, professionistaItalian
- プロフェッショナル, プロ, 専門家Japanese
- mātanga, ngaioMāori
- expert, deskundig, professioneel, beroeps, professional, beroeps-, deskundigeDutch
- profesjonellNorwegian Nynorsk
- zawodowiec, profesjonalistaPolish
- profesional, profesionistRomanian
- профессиональный, профессионалка, профессионал, эксперт, специалистка, специалистRussian
- proffs, expert, professionellSwedish
- chuyên giaVietnamese
Get even more translations for professional »
Find a translation for the professional synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)