Synonyms for quite
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term quite.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
to a degree (not used with a negative)
"quite tasty"; "quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich"
to the greatest extent; completely
"you're quite right"; "she was quite alone"; "was quite mistaken"; "quite the opposite"; "not quite finished"; "did not quite make it"
quite, quite a, quite anadverb
of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative)
"her victory was quite something"; "she's quite a girl"; "quite a film"; "quite a walk"; "we've had quite an afternoon"
actually or truly or to an extreme
"was quite a sudden change"; "it's quite the thing to do"; "quite the rage"; "Quite so!"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
If he continues to talk about the 2020 election, I think it hurts his cause and, quite frankly, it hurts the Republican Party.
FISA applications are typically quite long -- theyre big enough that you dont want to drop one on your foot, they contain a lot of information and detail, because the statute is quite exacting in what it requires the government to establish to get the warrant granted.
[ The The UK announcement ] is quite a significant achievement on the part of Huawei, which they will then use to show other potential parties that if The UK is comfortable enough, then they should feel comfortable as well.
The Treasuries market is still quite expensive with yields quite low. We think there is better opportunity to rotate into corporate and emerging market bonds.
They have saved quite a few lives.
Translations for quite
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الى حد كبيرArabic
- verdaderament, bastant, exactament, completament, totalmentCatalan, Valencian
- zcela, naprosto, docela, dost, úplněCzech
- völlig, ziemlich, recht, ganzGerman
- bastante, considerablemente, completamenteSpanish
- kohtalaisen, paljon, kovasti, melko, varsin, aivan, sangen, täysin, kokonaanFinnish
- tout à fait, complètement, vraiment, assezFrench
- ar fadIrish
- carScottish Gaelic
- बिलकुल, काफी, काफ़ीHindi
- nagyon, meglehetősen, teljesenHungarian
- 丸で, すっかり, かなりJapanese
- 꽤, 완전히, 상당히Korean
- īsti, gluži, ļoti, visaiLatvian
- volkomen, aardig, best, tamelijkDutch
- temmelig, helt, ganskeNorwegian
- całkiem, całkowiciePolish
- totalmente, bastante, completamente, razoavelmente, bemPortuguese
- совсем, изрядно, вовсе, довольно, весьма, полностью, вполнеRussian
- tämligen, ganskaSwedish
Get even more translations for quite »
Find a translation for the quite synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"quite." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 4 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/quite>.