Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
dissociation, disconnection, rupture, intermission, hiatus, solution, failure, gap, discontinuance, dissolution, inconsequence, derangement, deviation, flexion, deflexion, irregularity, sinuosity, flexuosity
an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line
"a row of chairs"
quarrel, wrangle, row, words, run-in, dustupnoun
an angry dispute
"they had a quarrel"; "they had words"
a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally)
"a mackerel sky filled with rows of clouds"; "rows of barbed wire protected the trenches"
(construction) a layer of masonry
"a course of bricks"
a linear array of numbers, letters, or symbols side by side
a continuous chronological succession without an interruption
"they won the championship three years in a row"
the act of rowing as a sport
propel with oars
"row the boat across the lake"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use row in a sentence?
We lost four in a row, and even though I didn't play, I feel those, my attitude was find a way to win no matter what.
We must re-examine a system that let an innocent man sit on death row for 30 years, how many more innocent people are still awaiting execution?
I feel bad for Novak. He had the momentum, everyone was saying, 'Is he going to win a Grand Slam? Is he going to win four in a row? He was playing awesome tennis and then all of a sudden (season stopped). He'll be an interesting story to see if he can get that momentum back.
We've seen this happen three days in a row where you get some positive action on the open and that fades pretty quickly into the day.
It's very rare to have spending decline two years in a row, any budget you see published now is going to be much lower than last year.
Translations for row
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- remarCatalan, Valencian
- řádek, veslovat, řadaCzech
- ballade, spektakel, række, strid, ro, skælde ud, skændes, optøjer, slagsmål, skænderi, rad, tumultDanish
- Klamauk, Schlägerei, Radau, Tumult, Lärm, Spektakel, Krach, Krawall, rudern, Krakeel, Donnerwetter, Rabatz, Zeile, Prügelei, Aufruhr, Reihe, Auseinandersetzung, StunkGerman
- [[τραβάω]] [[κουπί]] [[σε]], [[τραβάω]] [[κουπί]], σειράGreek
- pista, remar, línea, remado, fila, remoSpanish
- rida, riviEstonian
- رج, ردیفPersian
- rivi, riita, rähinä, soutaa, riidellä, meteliFinnish
- ligne, ramer, rangée, rangFrench
- iomair, troid, trodScottish Gaelic
- paddla, róaIcelandic
- serie, rissa, remare, litigare, sequenza, chiasso, schiamazzare, fila, remata, lite, riga, baccano, berciare, successione, schiamazzoItalian
- 行, 列, 漕ぐJapanese
- roeien, rij, ruzieDutch
- wiosłować, wiersz, rządPolish
- remar, discutir, linha, fileira, remo, filaPortuguese
- rând, certaRomanian
- грести, строка, рядRussian
- rad, riadokSlovak
- bråka, ro, gräla, tumult, rad, bråk, gräl, oväsenSwedish
- వరుస, తెడ్డు వేయుట, అడ్డు వరుసTelugu
- satır, sıraTurkish
- qator, eshmoqUzbek
Get even more translations for row »
Find a translation for the row synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)