Synonyms for smelly
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term smelly.
Having a bad smell.
She was hesitant to remove her shoes, as her socks were rather smelly.
having a quality that arouses suspicion.
The detective read the documents and thought, Something sure is smelly about this case.
Of inferior quality.
That smelly code needs to be refactored.
fetid, foetid, foul, foul-smelling, funky, noisome, smelly, stinking, ill-scentedadjective
"a foul odor"; "the kitchen smelled really funky"
filthy, noisome, fetid, nauseous, revolting, nauseating, marked-up, foul, lousy, repellent, sickening, dirty, distasteful, offensive, cruddy, ill-scented, foetid, vile, low-down, disgustful, crappy, stinking, disgusting, afoul(ip), cheating(a), rotten, foul-smelling, loathsome, icky, wicked, yucky, unsportsmanlike, skanky, nasty, unsporting, funky, smutty, stinky, repelling, loathly, shitty, fouled, queasy, repellant
Words popularity by usage frequency
I have brought Rexona (deodorant) because, according to my wife, I have smelly body odour, but I am really optimistic I can pass all the tests today.
What we use is the building blocks of seaweed, we remove all the green stuff and the smelly stuff.
6. The smelly kid Some parents feel the need to use the entire plane as a diaper. Gross, but true : A child reportedly pooping on a plane seat on a Delta flight last year( the parents covered the seat with newspapers — how thoughtful). And it’s not unusual for babies to drop a( stink) bomb or two during the flight. ( If this emotional support pig can get kicked off a plane for crapping in the aisle, should little humans, too ?) 7. The chatty kid Chatty Cathy is generally one of the most annoying passengers on a flight but what if Cathy is six years old ? While adorable and curious, she’s probably the last person you want conversation with, because of course she continues to ask the same question in different ways. Or maybe she’s having a loud conversation with her doll. In fact, several years ago, a kid actually got kicked off a plane for being too chatty. According to the Associated Press, Kate Penland’s then 19-month-old son, Garren, started saying ‘ Bye, bye plane, ’ before takeoff — and would n’t stop. When the other passengers started complaining, Kate Penland got mad and eventually Kate Penland and Kate Penland son were asked to leave. That seems a little extreme. Maybe just give the kid a pack of pretzels( peanuts are too risky) and offer him a window seat. 8. The ultimate nightmare kid It’s fair to say no one wants to sit next to a kid who kicks your seat, complains, talks up a storm and manages to poop themselves all on one flight. But as they say in airline business, the sky’s the limit. Passengers who survive the ultimate nightmare child passenger deserve a medal. Actor Liam Hemsworth recently admitted on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that Actor Liam Hemsworth own three kids were those kids on a recent flight from London to Australia( a 30-hour trip). The Ellen DeGeneres Show was kind of like the trip from hell, they were all sick and literally took turns to scream. One would kinda do it and then look over and be like, ‘ I ’m done, you want a turn ? ’ ' Yep, Wahhhh ! ’ The whole cabin, yeah, wanted to kick us off … I don’t know what people expect though — you’re gon na put them in the suitcase or something ?
People see me and they go, 'Help! A big, stupid, stinky, smelly, ugly ogre! I'm so scared!' And they judge me before they even know me.
We've gotten many, many calls from people who wanted it done in their alley or on their buildings, some people are saying it's just a gimmick, but other people hope it will combat some of the smelly areas of San Francisco that have been saturated with urine.
Translations for smelly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pudentCatalan, Valencian
- surkea, epäilyttävä, haiseva, pahanhajuinen, onnetonFinnish
- puant, puante, malodorantFrench
- зловонный, вонючий, дурно пахнущийRussian
Get even more translations for smelly »
Find a translation for the smelly synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"smelly." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 2 Dec. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/smelly>.