disfavor, disfavour, dislike, disapproval(noun)
an inclination to withhold approval from some person or group
a feeling of aversion or antipathy
"my dislike of him was instinctive"
have or feel a dislike or distaste for
"I really dislike this salesman"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Abhor is stronger than despise, implying a shuddering recoil, especially a moral recoil. "How many shun evil as inconvenient who do not abhor it as hateful."
TrenchSerm. in Westm. Abbey xxvi, 297. [ Murray's"New English Dictionary"] Detest expresses indignation, with something of contempt. Loathe implies disgust, physical or moral. We abhor a traitor, despise a coward, detest a liar. We dislike an uncivil person. We abhor cruelty, hate tyranny. We loathe a reptile or a flatterer. We abhor Milton's heroic Satan, but we can not despise him.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dislike in a sentence?
Maybe a' sad' button instead of' Dislike.
I knew it would help the book's sales and I was not bothered by who it was coming from, if he shares with me a deep dislike for certain aspects of U.S. foreign policy, then I'm not going to spurn any endorsement of the book by him.
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing.
It's not that we dislike Santorum.
I was too young and socially immature to digest all the glamour and changes in the environment, and there's no self-medication whatsoever, then how do you respond to all of those vicious online comments? If you explain, they'll dismiss it as an excuse, and if you fight, they'll dislike you even more.
Translations for dislike
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- [[не]] [[харе́свам]], неприя́зън, антипа́тияBulgarian
- nemít rádCzech
- ablehnen, UnbehagenGerman
- aversión, desagradar, [[no]] [[gustar]]Spanish
- vastenmielisyys, inhoFinnish
- antipathie, [[ne]] [[pas]] [[aimer]]French
- नापसंद करना, नफ़रतHindi
- idegenkedik, nem szeret, idegenkedés, ellenszenvHungarian
- [[non]] [[piacersi]], avversione, antipatiaItalian
- 厭悪, 嫌悪, 嫌う, 否む, 嫌いJapanese
- 미워하다, 싫어하다Korean
- odi, odioLatin
- het land hebben aan, een hekel hebben aanDutch
- [[desgostar]] [[de]], [[não]] [[gostar]] [[de]], aversão, antipatia, não gostaPortuguese
- aversiune, displăcea, antipatie, [[nu]]-i [[plăcea]]Romanian
- [[не]] [[люби́ть]], нелюбо́вь, неприя́знь, невзлюби́ть, антипа́тияRussian
- అయిష్టత, అయిష్టముTelugu
- ناپسند کرناUrdu
- ghét, [[không]] [[thích]], [[không]] [[ưa]]Vietnamese
Get even more translations for dislike »
Find a translation for the dislike synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)