single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance
"slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
level, layer, stratum(noun)
an abstract place usually conceived as having depth
"a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
a hen that lays eggs
thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
make or form a layer
"layer the different colored sands"
A (usually) horizontal deposit; a stratum.
Layer the ribbons on top of one another to make an attractive pattern.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use layer in a sentence?
The major implication for Facebook users is not having a way to have their privacy rights protected before the government obtains their data, if Facebook doesn't have the right to challenge those search warrants, its customers lose one layer of protection against the violation of their privacy rights.
[In season 4] I try to put in this layer of [Doug] being somewhat vulnerable from what happened with Rachel, i think that's something he's always going to carry with him.
Soap has a high pH that can disrupt the outer layer of your skin and cause inflammation and dryness.
The data on our webpages will now be encrypted, making it significantly harder for third parties to penetrate, now, our community members can peruse our site even more safely, knowing they have that extra layer of security.
Maybe it was through some medium that I'm not familiar with. Maybe bouncing it off the ozone layer, for all I know, there's a lot of holes in the ozone layer, so maybe it wasn't the ozone layer that he bounced it off of. Maybe it was through hand telegraph, maybe sign language, who knows?
Translations for layer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- capaCatalan, Valencian
- Ableger, Kindel, Lage, -leger, Legehenne, schichten, Absenker, Bekleidungsschicht, SchichtGerman
- στρώση, στρώμα, καρπερή, διάστρωση, στιβάδα, καταβολεύωGreek
- capa, gallina ponedora, onedora, hijueloSpanish
- vaatekerros, laatoittaja, munituskana, kerrostaa, pinota, kerros, kerrostumaFinnish
- couche, pondeuse, marcotteFrench
- strato, ovaiolaItalian
- apa, tāpatupatuMāori
- слој, наслојка, несилка, изданок, наслојува, наслага, раслојуваMacedonian
- laag, legger, legsterDutch
- nioska, warstwa, [[układać]] [[warstwa]]miPolish
- camada, botadeiraPortuguese
- слой, пласт, укладчик, несушкаRussian
- lager, avsugare, takläggare, värphöna, skikt, sugymp, varv, golvläggare, äggläggare, stickling, skottSwedish
- పొదుగుట, పొరTelugu
Get even more translations for layer »
Find a translation for the layer synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)