Synonyms for stage
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term stage.
any distinct time period in a sequence of events
"we are in a transitional stage in which many former ideas must be revised or rejected"
degree, level, stage, pointnoun
a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
"a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
tier, full point, layer, stratum, dot, spot, stop, head, leg, full stop, horizontal surface, gunpoint, peak, microscope stage, point, point in time, floor, percentage point, breaker point, spirit level, phase, power point, academic degree, level, grade, degree, arcdegree, pointedness, period, story, detail, decimal point, distributor point, item, stagecoach, compass point, storey, tip
a large platform on which people can stand and can be seen by an audience
"he clambered up onto the stage and got the actors to help him into the box"
the theater as a profession (usually `the stage')
"an early movie simply showed a long kiss by two actors of the contemporary stage"
a large coach-and-four formerly used to carry passengers and mail on regular routes between towns
"we went out of town together by stage about ten or twelve miles"
a section or portion of a journey or course
"then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
any scene regarded as a setting for exhibiting or doing something
"All the world's a stage"--Shakespeare; "it set the stage for peaceful negotiations"
stage, microscope stageverb
a small platform on a microscope where the specimen is mounted for examination
stage, present, representverb
perform (a play), especially on a stage
"we are going to stage `Othello'"
portray, act, demo, make up, exhibit, introduce, show, acquaint, deliver, symbolize, present, confront, play, arrange, typify, be, exemplify, gift, stand for, salute, give, defend, represent, lay out, comprise, face, demonstrate, symbolise, interpret, correspond, award, submit, constitute, map, pose
plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
"the neighboring tribe staged an invasion"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use stage in a sentence?
Removing the faults in a stage-coach may produce a perfect stage-coach, but it is unlikely to produce the first motor car.
The F1 Commission voted not to pursue this option at this stage -- however, it may be reassessed after the Power Unit manufacturers have presented their proposal to the Strategy Group.
While more of the puzzle is being pieced together from a scientific perspective, it will still take years to conduct and complete the rigorous clinical research necessary to put these tests into everyday practice, one of the challenges to developing a blood test to detect early-stage cancers is that the bloodstream only has minute levels of tumor DNA.
The main thing is that this launch pad is now working, it has been prepared well by you and it is functioning, we are now facing a second stage here, to accommodate a heavy rocket.
His comment was inappropriate, it is unfortunate to have to disinvite him. But I just don't want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal. It just was wrong.
Translations for stage
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- منصة, المسرحArabic
- fase, etapa, escenari, pas, estadi, escenaCatalan, Valencian
- stádium, jevištěCzech
- stadie, scene, opføreDanish
- inszenieren, Stufe, Bühne, BrettlGerman
- φάση, στάδιο, αντικειμενοφόρα πλάκα, σκηνή, ταχυδρομική άμαξαGreek
- fase, calesa, diligencia, actuar, etapa, escenario, escena, montar, trucar, platina, fingirSpanish
- صحنه, سن, مرحله, به صحنه آوردنPersian
- vaihe, järjestää, pysäyttää, näyttämö, pöytä, esittää, lavastaaFinnish
- mettre en scène, monter de toutes pièces, forger, scène, calèche, organiser, étape, platineFrench
- àrd-ùrlarScottish Gaelic
- szakasz, színpadHungarian
- fase, scena, stadioItalian
- 舞台, 段階, ステージ, 段, 上演Japanese
- 무대, 舞臺Korean
- gihînek, qonax, gav, gihanek, قۆناغ, faz, qedem, merheleKurdish
- tūāoma, atamira, whatārangiMāori
- podium, opvoeren, toneel, ensceneren, stadiumDutch
- faza, okres, podium, estrada, etap, scenaPolish
- estágio, fase, palco, forjarPortuguese
- фа́за, подмостки, эстрада, организовывать, предметный столик, ста́дия, эта́п, сцена, инсценировать, почтовая карета, дилижансRussian
- pozornica, kazalnica, бинаSerbo-Croatian
- platform, iscensätta, framföra, genomföra, uppföraSwedish
- vũ đài, 舞臺Vietnamese
Get even more translations for stage »
Find a translation for the stage synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)