Synonyms for some
sʌm; unstressed səmsome
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term some.
Of a measurement; approximately, roughly
I guess he must have weighed some 90 kilos.
An unspecified quantity or number of.
Would you like some grapes?
An unspecified amount of (something uncountable).
Would you like some water?
A certain, an unspecified or unknown.
A considerable quantity or number of.
He had edited the paper for some years.
He is some acrobat!
quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity
"have some milk"; "some roses were still blooming"; "having some friends over"; "some apples"; "some paper"
relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent
"we talked for some time"; "he was still some distance away"
relatively many but unspecified in number
"they were here for some weeks"; "we did not meet again for some years"
"that was some party"; "she is some skier"
approximately, about, close to, just about, some, roughly, more or less, around, or soadverb
(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
"lasted approximately an hour"; "in just about a minute"; "he's about 30 years old"; "I've had about all I can stand"; "we meet about once a month"; "some forty people came"; "weighs around a hundred pounds"; "roughly $3,000"; "holds 3 gallons, more or less"; "20 or so people were at the party"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
It shows for the first time that modern technology can offer some options for conservation when the situation gets very bad, when species become endangered, such as the case of the northern white rhino.
The world becomes smaller when some people shuts the door for others.
It's a matter of cost, we do have some aspect of streaming data in the form of ADS-B, which is Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast information, which uses satellite.
At some point they just can't ignore the fact that there are a lot of public documents on the server that the American people have a right to see, and we believe it's time for Mrs. Clinton to turn that server and all those documents over to the inspector general at the State Department. Let them sort out what's official, what's private. I have no interest in what her private emails were.
Some of its saturated fat is comprised of shorter molecules than saturated fat from dairy fat, and these do tend to raise HDL cholesterol more potently.
Translations for some
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- тро́хі, некато́ры, не́калькіBelarusian
- peth, rhai, rhywWelsh
- irgendein, etwas, einige, manche, etliche, ein paar, welche, ungefähr, etwa, umGerman
- λίγο, μερικοί, περίπουGreek
- unos, alguno, algo, algunas, unas, algunosSpanish
- joskus, melkoinen, muutamia, joitakin, jotkut, eräs, vähän, muutamat, aikamoinen, jonkin verran, joku, jotakin, jotakuinkinFinnish
- certains, des, quelques, du, quelque, certain, la, de la, quelconque, environFrench
- daoine, roinnt, ábharIrish
- air choireiginScottish Gaelic
- कुछ, थोड़ा, कोई, के लगभगHindi
- որոշ, մի քիչ, մի, ոմանք, ինչ-որ, մի քանի, մի քանիսը, մոտArmenian
- alcun, qualqueInterlingua
- sum, sumar, sumirIcelandic
- ある, いくつか, いくつかのJapanese
- អ្នកខ្លះ, ន្តិចបន្តួច, បន្តិចបន្តួចKhmer
- ētahi, heMāori
- wat, sommige, sommigenDutch
- sommeNorwegian Nynorsk
- noen, enkelte, visseNorwegian
- łaʼNavajo, Navaho
- kilka, niektórzy, trochę, niektóre, jakiśPolish
- algum, um pouco, que, um, alguns, mais ou menos, unsPortuguese
- не́который, немно́го, како́й-то, не́сколькоRussian
- neki, neke, nekaSerbo-Croatian
- en del, lite, några, somliga, någon, något, vissaSwedish
- кі́лька, тро́хи, де́якийUkrainian
- کوئی, کچھUrdu
- một sốVietnamese
- ene fameuse, kékès, sacwantès, on fameus, ene, puzieurs, sacwants, on, on pô do, puzieurès, do, on pô del, ene miete di, del, desWalloon
Get even more translations for some »
Find a translation for the some synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"some." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Jan. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/some>.