round, daily round(noun)
the usual activities in your day
"the doctor made his rounds"
round of golf, round(noun)
the activity of playing 18 holes of golf
"a round of golf takes about 4 hours"
(often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order)
"the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning"; "the postman's rounds"; "we enjoyed our round of the local bars"
any circular or rotating mechanism
"the machine punched out metal circles"
round, unit of ammunition, one shot(noun)
a charge of ammunition for a single shot
rung, round, stave(noun)
a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
an outburst of applause
"there was a round of applause"
gallop, crane, blossom, widen, run, lead, continue, debase, load, poke out, extend, blossom forth, protract, stretch out, draw out, offer, put out, carry, spread out, open, go, stretch, stretch forth, pass, adulterate, dilute, reach out, unfold, exsert, stretch along, spread, expand, cover, prolong, strain, hold out, blossom out, elongate, broaden
a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
"they enjoyed singing rounds"
rear end, tush, tooshie, keister, female genital organ, derriere, fanny, female genitals, bottom, backside, buttocks, stern, hind end, rump, tail, bum, prat, rear, can, behind, butt, hindquarters, female genitalia, arse, posterior, buns, fundament, nates, seat, tail end, ass
a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
round, round of drinks(noun)
a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic)
"he ordered a second round"
specific, particular, unique(p), circumstantial, diversified, proper(ip), localised, limited, precise, particular(a), incomprehensive, particularised, peculiar(a), topical, particularized, special, ad hoc, local, uncommon, noncomprehensive, localized, special(a)
a regular route for a sentry or policeman
"in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
hand, commit, chip in, dedicate, cave in, lay down, collapse, found, institute, instal, impart, pass on, show, return, establish, base, reach, present, have, fall in, make, pay, ground, throw, gift, kick in, feed, set up, ease up, apply, plant, give, grant, open, founder, move over, devote, hold, pass, render, launch, prove, shew, sacrifice, yield, turn over, demonstrate, leave, give way, install, consecrate, break, generate, contribute, constitute, afford, build
the course along which communications spread
"the story is going the rounds in Washington"
turn, bout, round(noun)
(sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
cycle, rhythm, round(noun)
an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
"the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
round, flesh out, fill out(verb)
become round, plump, or shapely
"The young woman is fleshing out"
round, round out, round off(verb)
"round the edges"
round off, round down, round out, round(verb)
express as a round number
"round off the amount"
polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up(verb)
bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
"polish your social manners"
society, social club, rewrite, order of magnitude, revision, revise, rescript, edict, gild, club, parliamentary law, ordination, ordering, purchase order, parliamentary procedure, fiat, guild, rules of order, orderliness, order, lodge, decree, monastic order, revisal
attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault(verb)
attack in speech or writing
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
round, labialize, labialise(verb)
pronounce with rounded lips
wind around; move along a circular course
"round the bend"
(mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand
"in round numbers"
orotund, rotund, round, pear-shaped(adj)
(of sounds) full and rich
"orotund tones"; "the rotund and reverberating phrase"; "pear-shaped vowels"
having the shape or form of a circle
from beginning to end; throughout
"It rains all year round on Skye"; "frigid weather the year around"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
rung (of a ladder)
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use round in a sentence?
Anyone who professes to be an ideal leader or a true leader has to be selfless, accountable, transparent, principled, inspiring, punctual, humble, responsible and responsive all-round and at all times. -Emeasoba George
No one I know has a plan to round up illegal immigrants and send them back.
Overall, what is clear to us is that the impact, will be limited in the near-term, but much more significant in the medium-term, we expect this event and what it represents to subtract as much as 0.3 percent from growth next year compared to our pre-event baseline and expect Asian central banks to respond with another round of easing.
The streaky way is stressful, the golf I play... you could watch me play a round of golf and it's pretty stress free. I don't do any crazy things. I don't make a ton of birdies, but I don't make a lot of bogeys, either. It's been a lot nicer the last five or six years.
If the first round of talks does not produce a government, we will not negotiate with Sulik and tell the president we will prefer a caretaker cabinet.
Translations for round
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مُدَوَّر, دائرةArabic
- круглы, кругBelarusian
- кръгъл, кръгBulgarian
- rodó, voltaCatalan, Valencian
- zakončit, vrhnout, kulatý, zaokrouhlit, zahnout, obchůzka, kánon, kolo, rundaCzech
- rund, gerundet, mollig, abgerundet, Kreis, Runde, Visite (doctor's round)German
- στρογγυλεμένος, στρογγυλόςGreek
- redondo, esférico, circularSpanish
- مدور, گرد, دور, دایرهPersian
- pyöreä, suorittaa, pyöristyä, ympäri, kiertää, täysi, pulska, pyöristää, päätös, pullea, koukata, ammus, erä, askelma, pyöristys, pyöristyslista, kierros, annos, pyörösivellin, patruuna, ympyrä, paisti, aplodit, kaanon, kuuriFinnish
- complet, rond, arrondi, ronde, tournée, coup, éclat, épreuve, tour, round, canonFrench
- cruinn, urcharIrish
- cruinn, crom, cruinnich, cuairtScottish Gaelic
- lekerekített, megkerül, labiális, ajakkerekítéses, kerekített, lekerekít, kerekítHungarian
- կլորել, կլորացնել, համայցArmenian
- cirkla, cirklalaIdo
- rotondo, tondo, cerchio, giro, scroscio, esplosione, mano, ciclo, pennello a testa tonda, imbottitura, carica, antiurto, bisello, piolo, circolo, salva, scoppio, canone, serie, girello, ripresa, lombo, smussaturaItalian
- 丸い, 丸, ラウンド, 円Japanese
- خڕ, جهمKurdish
- rotundus, globōsusLatin
- užapvalintas, suapvalintas, apvalusLithuanian
- whakaawhiwhi, tāwhe, porokawa, tōpuku, raunaMāori
- кружен, кругMacedonian
- ဝိုင်း, လုံးBurmese
- rond, afgerond, mollig, dik, ronde, canonDutch
- názbąsNavajo, Navaho
- okrągły, zaokrąglać, obchód, pocisk, runda, okrąg, krąg, koło, kolejka, nabójPolish
- ګرد, غونډPashto, Pushto
- arredondado, redondo, arredondar, rechonchudo, esférico, terminar, findar, virar, roliço, dobrar, rotundo, concluir, finalizar, acabar, virar-se contra, rodela, degrau, círculo, ronda, cânone, [[pincel]] [[redondo]], round, tempo, lombo, salva, rodada, dose, assalto, cargaPortuguese
- округлить, скруглять, округлый, округлять, круглый, полный, скруглить, огибать, обогнуть, закруглённый, кон, тайм, раунд, круг, обход, игра, партия, патронRussian
- круг, krugSerbo-Croatian
- okrúhly, kruhSlovak
- zaobljen, okrogel, zaobliti, zaokrožiti, runda, krog, obhodSlovene
- rund, avrundad, runda, rundad, vända, runda av, allsidig, avrunda, golfrunda, omgång, kanon, rond, varv, patronSwedish
- küresel, yuvarlak, tam, yumuşak, kurşun, mermi, raund, çemberTurkish
- круглий, круг, колоUkrainian
Get even more translations for round »
Find a translation for the round synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)