unknown, unknown region, terra incognita(noun)
an unknown and unexplored region
"they came like angels out the unknown"
illustrious, familiar, celebrated, notable, better-known, known, proverbial, noted, best-known, far-famed, onymous, legendary, identified, suspected, famed, well-known, famous, glorious, renowned
stranger, alien, unknown(noun)
anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
illustrious, far-famed, noted, renowned, glorious, identified, known, better-known, well-known, suspected, legendary, proverbial, celebrated, familiar, famed, notable, best-known, famous, onymous
unknown, unknown quantity(adj)
a variable whose values are solutions of an equation
known, famed, illustrious, suspected, best-known, proverbial, onymous, legendary, famous, far-famed, celebrated, well-known, glorious, familiar, better-known, noted, identified, renowned, notable
"an unknown amount"; "an unknown island"; "an unknown writer"; "an unknown source"
legendary, notable, identified, better-known, proverbial, onymous, best-known, familiar, celebrated, suspected, renowned, famous, known, noted, far-famed, famed, glorious, illustrious, well-known
nameless, unidentified, unknown, unnamed(adj)
being or having an unknown or unnamed source
"a poem by an unknown author"; "corporations responsible to nameless owners"; "an unnamed donor"
celebrated, proverbial, noted, onymous, identified, best-known, known, renowned, better-known, well-known, notable, familiar, illustrious, legendary, glorious, far-famed, famous, suspected, famed
not known to exist
"things obscurely felt surged up from unknown depths"
noted, famous, famed, best-known, known, well-known, celebrated, identified, far-famed, notable, suspected, onymous, illustrious, glorious, proverbial, familiar, better-known, legendary, renowned
obscure, unknown, unsung(adj)
not famous or acclaimed
"an obscure family"; "unsung heroes of the war"
famed, illustrious, best-known, well-known, notable, proverbial, celebrated, legendary, noted, famous, suspected, better-known, renowned, onymous, identified, glorious, familiar, far-famed, known
not known before
"used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
noted, proverbial, best-known, glorious, better-known, notable, identified, well-known, famed, familiar, far-famed, legendary, celebrated, famous, suspected, renowned, illustrious, known, onymous
English Synonyms and Antonyms
That is mysterious in the true sense which is beyond human comprehension, as the decrees of God or the origin of life. That is mystic or mystical which has associated with it some hidden or recondite meaning, especially of a religious kind; as, the mystic Babylon of the Apocalypse. That is dark which we can not personally see through, especially if sadly perplexing; as, a dark providence. That is secret which is intentionally hidden. Compare DARK.
See synonyms for CLEAR.
abstruse, cabalistic, dark, enigmatical, hidden, incomprehensible, inexplicable, inscrutable, mysterious, mystic, mystical, obscure, occult, recondite, secret, transcendental, unfathomable, unfathomed
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
not known by name ,unidentified
i received an anonymous gift.Submitted by Aya11115 on November 25, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use unknown in a sentence?
1. Laughter is my essence, my only attitude to everything and everything. 2. Laughter is the scream of the soul. 3. From the depths of one’s self, a powerful energy of understanding and awareness emerges, everything is rapidly going out. Everything inside breaks and shakes from the crazy, frightening, heartbreaking laughter of pure madness. An endless, contagious laugh and a huge wicked, mocking, malicious smile in the soul and on the face. And from this smile and this laugh, everyone who sees her also begins to smile, and then laugh like crazy, and completely go crazy. All this insight from deep disappointment in everything and everything. Introducing into the lyrical, vital, sad sadness in the soul of man. 4. A race of smiles or a race called: Smile. This is my fantastic race of vision that you see in my many drawings. Their smiles as a symbol of awareness are something absolutely brilliant. A huge amount of information and energy passes through you, and it makes you laugh only. 5. You are in the dimension of eternal causeless laughter, here everyone laughs forever. In this immoral place, everything is not real, in this unscrupulous space, everything is not serious. 6. Pretended laughter is heard much more often than sincere. 7. Inside, everything bursts with laughter from awareness and understanding, sincere laughter that leads people into deep shock. 8. Look, as in this funny terror, people die of laughter, from awareness and understanding, from ridiculous horrors. This laughter drives people crazy. 9. Laugh louder like a madman, I want to hear how your madness laughs, how laughter kills pain. 14. You go down, you are immersed in endless repetition in an open smile, in which an open smile. In this abyss of laughter of reality, at the very bottom, you know yourself. 15. Creativity is laughter in the infinitely deep void of nothingness. 16. Entrance into this world in the form of a smile in the shape of a heart, you enter the human world, into the dimension of laughter, the sarcastic-satirical-ironic sphere of comic, funny pessimism. The way out of this dimension is also in the form of a smile in the shape of a heart. 17. Human reality is an artificial chaos of the subconscious, turned upside down, a made-up world woven from a thousand and a thousand ideas. Where their consciousness gradually mutates, turning them thereby into unknown monsters. 18. Only those steps are holy that overwhelm the madness and chaos in the world. 19. Madness is when garbage recycling in the head breaks down. 20. If you want to destroy the madness and chaos in this world, it is enough to just give up your own egoism. 22. The human world is a comedic chaos. 23. Chaos is someone’s baby rattle. 25. Chaos reigns in society because everyone in this world learns to live their own way. 26. Feelings and emotions are seeds of chaos. 27. We are not afraid of chaos in society, we are afraid of ourselves. 28. Truth is an evil, mocking smile that awakens consciousness, awareness, and causes an evil smile on the face. 29. Evil smiles that never leave one's face. Only deeply understanding people. 30. Optimism is a fake smile. 31. It is funny to realize that under the mask of a scalp, an eternal smile is visible. 32. What are your eyes sad about and what is your smile hiding? 33. From the awareness of everything and everything, the smile on the face becomes wider and wider. 35. Creativity is like a butterfly flying, light wings of inspiration will help fly away beyond the limits of human understanding. 36. Pure madness is when you completely stop pretending. 37. Depression is a free fall into the depths of one’s soul. 38. The laughter of rage and the bloody gloom in a smile in consciousness from an evil joke of reality from the fact that you are not worthy to live like everyone else. The ragged strings of the ever-laughing psyche, like the blinking light of madness where there is insight between light and darkness. The interrupted melody of the harmony of the soul. The silence of insight overcomes the mind, the light is visible leading to a new dimension of thinking, because everything is visible through the transparent eyelids of the vigilance of fear, and only unconsciousness temporarily closes our eyes from fatigue in the realm of the subconscious. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Social media data could provide descriptive information about health histories and behaviors that are helpful for building out the ` digital health phenotype ’ for patients, in a perfect, creative and well worked through digitally enabled world, real-time mining of social media content could be revealing allergies, medications or health problems that are otherwise unknown which could alter treatment decisions in an emergency situation and be life-saving.
If I were dying, my last words would be, Have faith and pursue the unknown end.
Today, February 29, is the Leap Day. It's a perfect day to leap into the unknown, outside your comfort zone, and experience your wings growing on the way down. Dare yourself and take that leap today, on the Leap Day. Happy Leap Day!
Please feel free to bring ur (sic) wife, partner or just a date. This party is open to men, women, families. Gay, str8, bi, and the unknown. the purpose of the barbecue is not for gays and straights but also black, white, any race, any sex and he-saying whatever to bring people together to talk — something we have lost the skill to do.
Translations for unknown
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مجهول, غير معروفArabic
- desconegutCatalan, Valencian
- ukendt, ubekendtDanish
- unbekannt, Unbekannter, UnbekannteGerman
- desconocido, incógnita, ignotoSpanish
- inconnu, inconnueFrench
- ismeretlen, idegenHungarian
- tak diketahuiIndonesian
- ókunnur, óþekktur, óþekkt stærðIcelandic
- sconosciuto, ignotoItalian
- לא ידועHebrew
- 未知, 知られざる, 名無しJapanese
- 알 수 없는Korean
- ignotus, ignoratus, incognitus, obscurus, nescitusLatin
- nepazīstams, svešsLatvian
- ongekend, onbekend, ongewetenDutch
- desconhecida, desconhecidoPortuguese
- obscur, neștiut, necunoscutRomanian
- nepoznata, непознатаSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for unknown »
Find a translation for the unknown synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)