Synonyms for abroad
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term abroad.
At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space
A tree spreads its branches abroad.
Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode
to walk abroad
Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries.
We have broils at home and enemies abroad.
Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely.
Not on target; astray; in error.
Played elsewhere than one's home grounds; as in a sport's team.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
in a foreign country
"markets abroad"; "overseas markets"
to or in a foreign country
"they had never travelled abroad"
far away from home or one's usual surroundings
"looking afield for new lands to conquer"- R.A.Hall
in a place across an ocean
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
We need leadership at home to match our leadership abroad, leadership that puts national security ahead of politics and ideology.
There is cooperation between them in the realm of weapons smuggling and terrorist attacks. The Egyptians know this, and the Saudis, at the same time, within Gaza, ISIS (Islamic State) has been flouting Hamas. But they have common cause against the Jews, in Israel or abroad.
For far too long, Congress has abdicated its constitutional responsibility to authorize military action abroad, effectively ceding the war-making power to the Executive Branch.
Sadly, we lost this generation due to the bailouts. The generation of people in their twenties today, young people, young scientists go abroad, unfortunately.
I am stunned and infuriated, I do not see what justified such a search, i have no secret bank account abroad.
Translations for abroad
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الى الخارج, في الخارجArabic
- граница, чужбина, открито, извън къщи, навсякъде, странствоBulgarian
- a l'estrangerCatalan, Valencian
- v zahraničíCzech
- en el extranjero, en el exterior, en todas direciones, por todas partes, al exteriorSpanish
- در خارج از کشورPersian
- ulkomailla, laajalle, ulkomaille, laajalla, ulkona, ulkomaatFinnish
- étranger, à l'étrangerFrench
- a-null thairis, thall thairisScottish Gaelic
- ass y çheerManx
- aletranjeHaitian Creole
- na ùfèsịIgbo
- 国外, 外国, 海外, 在外Japanese
- 해외, 국외Korean
- utenlands, utlandet, utanlandsNorwegian
- ultramar, amplamente, [[fora]] [[de]] [[casa]], além-mar, largamente, no, exterior, estrangeiro, aoPortuguese
- повсю́ду, вширь, снару́жи, широко́, [[за]] [[рубе́ж]], [[за]] [[рубеж, заграница, зарубежье, [[на]] [[улица, везде́, нару́жу, [[за]] [[границаRussian
- иностранство, inostranstvoSerbo-Croatian
- utomlands, utrikesSwedish
Get even more translations for abroad »
Find a translation for the abroad synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"abroad." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 5 Feb. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/abroad>.