in a foreign country
"markets abroad"; "overseas markets"
to or in a foreign country
"they had never travelled abroad"
far away from home or one's usual surroundings
"looking afield for new lands to conquer"- R.A.Hall
in a place across an ocean
A tree spreads its branches abroad.
Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode
to walk abroad
Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries.
We have broils at home and enemies abroad.
Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely.
Not on target; astray; in error.
Played elsewhere than one's home grounds; as in a sport's team.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use abroad in a sentence?
This no-audience period hopefully won't last long, but looking on the bright side, there could be more new baseball fans, also from abroad, watching the games from home like never before thanks to the technology.
The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States, it spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.
This project is highly competitive, and the company is looking at alternative sites in the US including Arizona and New York, as well as abroad in Korea....
As one of the Korean chefs most well-known abroad, I want to act as a liaison.
You have to be very cautious about a political effect, but maybe there will be a moral effect that will last through the summer, i see more of an effect on the image of France abroad, it gives a cumulative effect, it reinforces the Emmanuel Macron chorus of' France is back'.
Translations for abroad
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- في الخارج, الى الخارجArabic
- извън къщи, открито, чужбина, навсякъде, странство, границаBulgarian
- a l'estrangerCatalan, Valencian
- v zahraničíCzech
- al exterior, en todas direciones, por todas partes, en el exterior, en el extranjeroSpanish
- در خارج از کشورPersian
- laajalle, laajalla, ulkona, ulkomaat, ulkomaille, ulkomaillaFinnish
- à l'étranger, étrangerFrench
- thall thairis, a-null thairisScottish Gaelic
- ass y çheerManx
- aletranjeHaitian Creole
- na ùfèsịIgbo
- 在外, 海外, 国外, 外国Japanese
- 국외, 해외Korean
- utenlands, utanlands, utlandetNorwegian
- além-mar, ao, exterior, no, [[fora]] [[de]] [[casa]], largamente, estrangeiro, amplamente, ultramarPortuguese
- повсю́ду, вширь, заграница, [[на]] [[улица, везде́, нару́жу, [[за]] [[граница, зарубежье, [[за]] [[рубеж, [[за]] [[рубе́ж]], широко́, снару́жиRussian
- inostranstvo, иностранствоSerbo-Croatian
- utrikes, utomlandsSwedish
Get even more translations for abroad »
Find a translation for the abroad synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)