domestic, domestic help, house servant(adj)
a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household
of concern to or concerning the internal affairs of a nation
"domestic issues such as tax rate and highway construction"
of or relating to the home
"domestic servant"; "domestic science"
of or involving the home or family
"domestic worries"; "domestic happiness"; "they share the domestic chores"; "everything sounded very peaceful and domestic"; "an author of blood-and-thunder novels yet quite domestic in his taste"
converted or adapted to domestic use
"domestic animals"; "domesticated plants like maize"
produced in a particular country
"domestic wine"; "domestic oil"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases for "domestic":
internal, national, inland, local, interior, internally, household, inner, family, home, indoor, residential, in-house, procedure, inside, intra-family, conjugal, spousal, homeland, canadian, intra-familial, families, in-country, intra-state, nationals, domesticated, single, home-based, nationale, mainland
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use domestic in a sentence?
The VAT cut is apparently good news for China's coal industry. The expected 4 percentage point cut will relieve a lot of pressure from domestic coal firms as they do not have many advantages competing with foreign mines in either price or quality.
Domestic terrorists and other extremists with criminal intentions also are increasingly acting alone, choosing to commit lethal attacks without the help of an organized group.
The free pen, prone to pour out the suggestions of artless affection, vivid imagination, or domestic anecdote, is as much woman's especial instrument as the needle.
The 2,000-word summation of a 30-minute phone call released by White House makes clear that days after the President ordered the delay of Congressionally-appropriated military assistance to Ukraine, he implored the President of Ukraine to work with his personal attorney to manufacture a smear against a domestic political opponent, using a malicious conspiracy theory that has been universally debunked by every independent outlet that has looked at it.
While there have been significant headwinds from abroad, and market turbulence related to those headwinds, I view the U.S. economy as fundamentally sound and likely to perform better than the domestic economies of most trading partners.
Translations for domestic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- منزلي, المنزليArabic
- домашна помощница, питомен, семеен, домашен, местенBulgarian
- interior, domèsticCatalan, Valencian
- tuzemský, domácíCzech
- Domestik, Domestike, inländischGerman
- empleada domestica, empleada, nacional, malos tratos, domésticoSpanish
- kotimaan, koti, kotitalous, perhe, kotiapulainen, sisäasiat, sisä-, sisäinen, kotimainen, piika, kesy, perheriitaFinnish
- conjugal, familial, national, domestique, intestin, intérieurFrench
- פנימי, ביתיHebrew
- belföldi, hazai, házi, belfHungarian
- տնային, հայրենական, ընտանիArmenian
- domestica, domesticoItalian
- 国内, 国内のJapanese
- 국내, 가정의, 하인Korean
- фамилијарен, домашен, семеен, куќен помошник, домашно, куќна момошничкаMacedonian
- domestik, bela jinakMalay
- bílaʼashdlaʼii bilį́į́ʼNavajo, Navaho
- domowy, krajowyPolish
- empregada, domesticado, doméstico, doméstica, empregada doméstica, nacional, domesticadaPortuguese
- ме́стный, оте́чественный, дома́шний, вну́тренний, внутреннийRussian
- trong nướcVietnamese
Get even more translations for domestic »
Find a translation for the domestic synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)