the region that is outside of something
the outer side or surface of something
relating to or being on or near the outer side or limit
"an outside margin"
external, extraneous, outside(adj)
coming from the outside
"extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph"; "relying upon an extraneous income"; "disdaining outside pressure groups"
originating or belonging beyond some bounds:"the outside world"
"outside interests"; "an outside job"
outdoor(a), out-of-door, outside(adj)
located, suited for, or taking place in the open air
"outdoor clothes"; "badminton and other outdoor games"; "a beautiful outdoor setting for the wedding"
functioning outside the boundaries or precincts of an organized unit
"extramural hospital care and treatment"; "extramural studies"
leading to or from the outside
"an outside door"
external, international, outside(a)(adj)
from or between other countries
"external commerce"; "international trade"; "developing nations need outside help"
"an outside chance"; "a remote possibility"; "a remote contingency"
on or toward an outer edge
"an outer lane"; "the outside lane"
(of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter
"the pitch was away (or wide)"; "an outside pitch"
outside, outdoors, out of doors, alfresco(adverb)
outside a building
"in summer we play outside"
on the outside
"outside, the box is black"
On the outside of.
The outside surface looks good.
Near, but not in.
I slept outside last night.
Except, apart from.
Outside of winning the lottery, the only way to succeed is through many years of hard work.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use outside in a sentence?
The smoke and fire was so thick there was no way I could get to her, we went outside to get to her from the window, but there was nothing for me to stand on to reach up there. So I picked up Eli, who went through the window and was able to grab her from her crib.
There is simply no logic in forcing complying refineries to bear the burden of decisions outside of their control.
While some ancient older civilisations such as Egypt and Rome kept cats as pets, we don't know much about cats outside of those times and places, so this find is helping us fill in the picture that gives us a more complete picture about how people treated animals in the past.
When they told me, I said, ‘ Maybe she let someone borrow her car. ’ I said, ‘ Maybe it’s not her, maybe it’s someone else. ’ I tried to not let it be real, my husband walked outside when the police came and I saw him bend over and collapse, crying.
He may not be as pretty as many dogs on the outside, but his heart and soul shine through and make him one of God's most beautiful creatures.
Translations for outside
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- خارج, في الخارجArabic
- foraCatalan, Valencian
- ven, vně, zvenku, vnějšek, venku, mimoCzech
- uden forDanish
- draußen, außerhalb, draussen, AußenseiteGerman
- εξω αποGreek
- eksteren, ekster, ekstera, ekstereEsperanto
- fuera de, fuera, exterior, afueraSpanish
- بیرون, خارج, برون, خارج ازPersian
- ulkoinen, ulkopuolinen, ulkopuolella, ulos, ulkopuoli, ulkonaFinnish
- hors, dehors, extérieur, externe, outsideFrench
- kint, külső, szabadban, kinti, kívülHungarian
- արտաքին, դուրսArmenian
- di luarIndonesian
- fuori, al di fuoriItalian
- 外, 外側Japanese
- foras, forisLatin
- baussenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- no, ārā, laikā, ārpuse, ārpus, ārsLatvian
- вон, однадвор, надвор, надворешен, надворешностMacedonian
- buitenaf, buitenkant, buitenDutch
- utside, ytterside, utenforNorwegian
- na zewnątrzPolish
- [[para]] [[fora]], fora, exterior, fora de, lado de fora, externoPortuguese
- afară, exterior, in afaraRomanian
- снаружи, на улицу, наружный, внешний, на улице, вне, за пределами, наружу, наружная частьRussian
- izvan, napolju, vanjštinaSerbo-Croatian
- navzven, zunanjost, zunajSlovene
- utsida, utanför, utSwedish
- ผิวนอก, ภายนอก, ด้านนอกThai
- dışsal, harici, dışındaTurkish
- ở ngoàiVietnamese
Get even more translations for outside »
Find a translation for the outside synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)