What is another word for angle?
Synonyms for angle
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word angle.
Princeton's WordNet5.0 / 1 vote
the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
a biased way of looking at or presenting something
a member of a Germanic people who conquered England and merged with the Saxons and Jutes to become Anglo-Saxons
move or proceed at an angle
"he angled his way into the room"
lean, tilt, tip, slant, angleverb
to incline or bend from a vertical position
"She leaned over the banister"
pitch, topple, run, be given, lean, list, careen, fish, wobble, tiptoe, tip, tip off, fee, tap, shift, tilt, tippytoe, bung, cant over, tumble, incline, cant, slant, weight, tend
"fish for compliments"
fish with a hook
slant, angle, weightverb
present with a bias
"He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
burden, slant, fish, pitch, cant, weight down, burthen, lean, tip, weight, tilt, cant over
Dictionary of English Synonymes5.0 / 1 vote
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
PPDB, the paraphrase database0.0 / 0 votes
List of paraphrases for "angle":
corner, perspective, cornering, angles, standpoint, viewpoint, angled, inclination, angular, terms, lens, prism
The angle symbol -- In this Symbols.com article you will learn about the meaning of the angle symbol and its characteristic.
Angel vs. Angle -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between the words Angel and Angle.
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use angle in a sentence?
Every disease could have a mitochondrial angle, in diabetes, for instance, your mitochondria are very upset.
Despite being buried beneath nearly a kilometer of sedimentary rocks, it is remarkable that geophysical data reveals so much about the crater structure — enough to describe the direction and angle of the impact.
I'm not saying that [ air pollution ] is the only factor, but I think that's an angle that should be investigated more.
It sounds good, but a lot of times it’s a marketing angle.
I never loved the idea until I saw how it was accomplished in this case – which is very different than the way it’s been done in other films I’ve seen, they’ve got every frame of film, either printed or unprinted, of me during 40 years of working with (‘Indiana Jones’ production company) Lucasfilm on various stuff. I can act the scene and they sort through with AI every f**king foot of film to find me in that same angle and light. It’s bizarre and it works and it is my face.
Translations for angle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ву́гал, кутBelarusian
- гледна точка, ъ́гълBulgarian
- angle, cantonada, punt de vista, racóCatalan, Valencian
- ѫгълъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- hjørne, synspunkt, vinkel, synsvinkelDanish
- Winkel, Ecke, angeln, BlickwinkelGerman
- γωνία, κόγχηGreek
- esquina, pescar, anzuelo, pescar con caña, ángulo, rincón, punto de vista, conSpanish
- kulma, onkia, perspektiivi, suunnanmuutos, näkökulma, nurkka, kanttiFinnish
- angle, point de vueFrench
- ceàrnScottish Gaelic
- זווית, פינה, זווית ראיהHebrew
- szög, horgászikHungarian
- horn, sjónarhornIcelandic
- angolo, punto di vistaItalian
- 見地, 立場, 角度, 角, 隅Japanese
- មុំ, មុម, ជ្រុងKhmer
- 각, 모서리, 낚다, 귀, 각도Korean
- leņķis, viedoklis, makšķerēt, stūrisLatvian
- hī, konaenga, konaki, konakitanga, makamaka, makamaka ika, konaeMāori
- агол, перспекти́ва, гледиште, а́голMacedonian
- standpunt, hoek, invalshoek, hengelenDutch
- kąt, punkt widzenia, węgieł, róg, stronaPolish
- pescar, ângulo, esquina, ponto de vista, cantoPortuguese
- cotire, pescui, unghi, colț, cotitură, unghiuriRomanian
- у́гол, уди́ть, то́чка зре́ния, рыба́читьRussian
- ȕgao, у̏гао, ку̑т, kȗtSerbo-Croatian
- hörn, knut, vinkel, plan vinkel, vinkla, meta, synvinkel, rymdvinkelSwedish
- కోణము, కోణం, దృక్కోణంTelugu
- bakış açısı, açıTurkish
- ву́гол, кутUkrainian
Get even more translations for angle »
Find a translation for the angle synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"angle." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 20 Mar. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/angle>.
Discuss these angle synonyms with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.
If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite.