Synonyms for pitch
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term pitch.
the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
(baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
manner of speaking, livery, lurch, delivery, pitch shot, tar, auction pitch, rescue, pitching, obstetrical delivery, slant, rake, deliverance, legal transfer, sales talk, sales pitch, bringing, speech, saving
a vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk)
"he was employed to see that his paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
sales talk, sales pitch, pitchnoun
promotion by means of an argument and demonstration
pitch, rake, slantnoun
degree of deviation from a horizontal plane
"the roof had a steep pitch"
any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue
pitch, pitch shotnoun
a high approach shot in golf
pitch, auction pitchnoun
an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump
lurch, pitch, pitchingnoun
abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance)
"the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
the action or manner of throwing something
"his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
flip, toss, sky, pitchverb
throw or toss with a light motion
"flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
throw out, toss out, discard, slant, jactitate, twitch, flick, thresh, flip, toss away, lurch, slash, tilt, cant over, deliver, cant, peddle, huckster, thrash, tack, shift, gear, alternate, dispose, switch, chuck, thresh about, leaf, cast aside, cast away, sky, convulse, riff, thrash about, cast out, thumb, chuck out, riffle, toss, flip-flop, hawk, set up, flip over, turn over, incline, fling, throw away, flip out, slope, throw, vend, interchange, put away, monger
lurch, pitch, shiftverb
"The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
cant, gear, transfer, huckster, set up, cant over, flip, tilt, agitate, deliver, peddle, hawk, stir, change, prowl, switch, reel, reposition, sky, keel, swag, budge, lurch, toss, change over, careen, shift, wobble, dislodge, incline, monger, slope, skunk, vend, stagger, slant
fall or plunge forward
"She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
set to a certain pitch
"He pitched his voice very low"
peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend, pitchverb
sell or offer for sale from place to place
slope, incline, pitchverb
be at an angle
"The terrain sloped down"
cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitchverb
"The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
pitch, set upverb
erect and fasten
"pitch a tent"
cant, tack together, put together, huckster, found, prepare, instal, piece, tack, gear up, fix, establish, put in, tilt, deliver, peddle, put up, frame, entrap, gear, install, arrange, flip, sky, assemble, order, erect, put, ensnare, raise, lay out, launch, lurch, toss, hawk, ready, set up, shift, incline, effect, monger, effectuate, slope, rear, cant over, vend, set, rig, slant
throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
"The pitcher delivered the ball"
cant, gear, extradite, rescue, huckster, hand over, surrender, cant over, flip, deliver, return, tilt, save, fork over, fork up, present, have, deport, redeem, peddle, sky, slant, give up, turn in, birth, render, lurch, toss, hawk, set up, shift, incline, fork out, cede, slope, drive home, vend, give birth, monger, bear
hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
set the level or character of
"She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
degree of elevation
(Mus.) elevation of the key-note
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use pitch in a sentence?
A big piece of that is going to be understanding the leveraging capacity that we have, we will be trying to make it an attractive pitch for pension funds to decide to invest in. There is a lot of opportunity for global capital.
At a time when the anti-immigrant rhetoric is at a fever pitch, Chicago is going to do everything we can to make sure that we keep families and communities safe.
As recent as three years ago, when we used to pitch this to supermarkets, they were like,' This is not going to sell. What is this ?' There was no track record.
Just trying to get the barrel to the ball, see it down, she does spot a couple down in the zone. So just doing our best to lay off the rise ball, and when she does miss, to make sure we’re ready for that pitch.
The final line doesn’t look very good, but I think that breaking it down there’s a lot of good to take out of tonight, there were a lot of good pitches and not a lot of hard contact. But obviously made a bad pitch in a big spot that ultimately counts for four runs.
Translations for pitch
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- زفت, رميةArabic
- сайыр, дегет, һағыҙBashkir
- llançament, llançarCatalan, Valencian
- smůla, nadhoz, smola, hřistě, roztečCzech
- Harz, Wurf, Pech, Sportplatz, Abstand, Grad, Verkaufsgespräch, Teilung, Neigung, Steigung, Tonhöhe, Tonlage, werfen, stampfen, werben, bewerben, wegwerfen, aufschlagen, TonhGerman
- γήπεδο, πίσσα, πετάω, στήνω, ύψος, ρίχνωGreek
- pez, declive, tono, campo, distancia, paso, brea, lanzamiento, lanzar, echar, armar, altura, altura tonal, promover, plantarSpanish
- nurmi, kallistus, taso, pihka, syöttö, piki, kenttä, myyntipuhe, jako, nyökätä, heittää, syöttää, heittää menemään, mainostaa, keinuttaa, keinua, pomppia, kinostua, sävelkorkeus, kaupata, myydä, pystyttääFinnish
- sève, terrain, poix, laïus, pas, angle, tangage, résine, lancer, argument, brai, présentation, écartement, inclinaison, pente, hauteur, donner la noteFrench
- teàrr, bìthScottish Gaelic
- fok, gyanta, köz, szurok, lejtés, eldob, ver, hangmagasságHungarian
- titinada, nadaIndonesian
- resina, servizio, sostegno, pendenza, beccheggio, pece, campo, promozione, passo, inclinazione, tono, servire, promuovere, crescere, accumularsi, intonazione, timbro, sostenereItalian
- גובה הצלילHebrew
- კუპრი, ფისიGeorgian
- nipiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- hoa, tūpoupou, pūpahiMāori
- hars, worp, pek, verkooppraatje, toonhoogte, gooien, werpen, intonerenDutch
- smoła, pole, boisko, żywica, rzut, kąt, wysokość dźwięku, złożyć, rozbićPolish
- seiva, arremesso, piche, campo, grau, altura, arremessar, armarPortuguese
- prezentare, pas, rășină, aruncare, smoală, teren, inclinare, ton, înălțimeRomanian
- дёготь, тангаж, дифферент, смола, подача, подавать, высота, бросать, бросить, подать, ставить, тонRussian
- rozstup, ihriskoSlovak
- beck, kast, plan, ton, kasta, slänga, resa, tonhöjd, läggaSwedish
Get even more translations for pitch »
Find a translation for the pitch synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)