the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose
"a man of energy and commitment"
commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication(noun)
the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
"his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
an engagement by contract involving financial obligation
"his business commitments took him to London"
a message that makes a pledge
commitment, committal, consignment(noun)
the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
List of paraphrases for "commitment":
engagement, compromise, commitments, undertaking, dedication, pledge, determination, involvement, encumbrance, obligation, attachment, promise, 'engagement, committed, willingness, accession, devotion, vcu, adherence, will, desire, effort, pledges, resolve, undertakings, enlistment, endeavour
How to use commitment in a sentence?
This new policy publicly affirms our unequivocal respect for human rights and our commitment to mitigate the risk of misuse.
I have a little packet I take them with commitment caucus cards, bumper stickers, a clipboard, and then I also have a sign up sheet for them to sign up five friends to start out with.
Our commitment will be measured most likely in years but our efforts are already having a significant impact, the roughly 1,000 coalition air missions we have flown have reduced Daesh's leadership and inflicted damage on its logistical and operational capabilities.
Individual commitment to a group effort, that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
There's a lot of anger in this room, there's still a lot of commitment here.
Translations for commitment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- обвързаност, извършване, обещание, обвързване, ангажиментBulgarian
- Hingabe, Verbindlichkeit, Einsatz, Engagement, Einweisung, Einstandspflicht, Bindung, ObligoGerman
- compromiso, promesa, acuerdoSpanish
- lähettäminen, sitouttaminen, tuomio, velvoittaminen, syyllisyys, vankilatuomio, syyllistyminen, sulkeminen, sitoutuneisuus, sitoutuminen, sitoumus, vangitseminenFinnish
- impegno, promessa, dedizione, serietàItalian
- engagement, verplichting, verbintenisDutch
- forpliktingNorwegian Nynorsk
- tvangsinnlegging, forplikting, overlating, engasjement, forpliktelse, overlatelse, tvangsinnleggelseNorwegian
- приверженность, вручение, обязательство, совершение, заключениеRussian
Get even more translations for commitment »
Find a translation for the commitment synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)