Synonyms for curiosity
ˌkyʊər iˈɒs ɪ ticu·rios·i·ty
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term curiosity.
Careful, delicate construction; fine workmanship, delicacy of building.
Inquisitiveness; the tendency to ask learn about things by asking questions, investigating, or exploring.
A unique or extraordinary object which arouses interest.
He kept the strangely shaped rock as a curiosity.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a state in which you want to learn more about something
curio, curiosity, oddity, oddment, peculiarity, raritynoun
something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting
rarity, tenuity, remainder, wonder, end, distinguishing characteristic, distinctiveness, rareness, curio, oddness, specialty, quirkiness, low density, queerness, oddity, crotchet, specialness, distinctive feature, remnant, peculiarity, oddment, infrequency, quirk, speciality
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry.
Creatures whose mainspring is curiosity enjoy the accumulating of facts far more than the pausing at times to reflect on those facts.
I remember someone going on TV and calling us Communists and said we were influenced by some little red book, i had no idea what that was so I went down to Chinatown and got myself a copy out of curiosity.
Be curious! Curiosity is the mother of all knowledge.
It was an interesting curiosity but hasn't moved into daily use for me because frankly, I don't really shop at places it's taken, the places I mostly shop, which are my grocery store and pharmacy, don't accept it.
Translations for curiosity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- куриоз, любознателност, любопитство, рядкостBulgarian
- zvědavost, kuriozitaCzech
- Kuriosität, Neugierde, Neugier, KuriosumGerman
- uudishimu, kurioosumEstonian
- kuriositeetti, uteliaisuusFinnish
- 珍奇, 好奇心Japanese
- 호기심, 好奇心Korean
- tatol, balkêşî, çavzêlkî, tatêl, etir, xemxwerî, hewes, mereqKurdish
- žingeidumas, smalsumasLithuanian
- ziņkārība, ziņkāreLatvian
- mokamokai, mōkaikaiMāori
- nieuwsgierigheid, curiositeitDutch
- ciekawostka, ciekawośćPolish
- любознательность, редкость, любопытство, пытливость, курьёз, диковинаRussian
- знатижеља, znatiželjnost, znatiželja, ljubopitljivost, љубопитност, ljubopitstvo, љубопитљивост, знатижељност, куриозѝте̄т, ljubopitnost, zanìmljivōst, radoznalost, занѝмљиво̄ст, љубопитство, радозналост, kuriozìtētSerbo-Croatian
- nyfikenhet, kuriositetSwedish
- meraklılık, tuhaflık, merak, ucûbeTurkish
- дивина, рідкість, цікавістьUkrainian
- tò mòVietnamese
Get even more translations for curiosity »
Find a translation for the curiosity synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"curiosity." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 7 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/curiosity>.