a state in which you want to learn more about something
curio, curiosity, oddity, oddment, peculiarity, rarity(noun)
something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting
rarity, tenuity, remainder, wonder, end, distinguishing characteristic, distinctiveness, rareness, curio, oddness, specialty, quirkiness, low density, queerness, oddity, crotchet, specialness, distinctive feature, remnant, peculiarity, oddment, infrequency, quirk, speciality
Careful, delicate construction; fine workmanship, delicacy of building.
Inquisitiveness; the tendency to ask learn about things by asking questions, investigating, or exploring.
A unique or extraordinary object which arouses interest.
He kept the strangely shaped rock as a curiosity.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use curiosity in a sentence?
You can teach a student a lesson for a day but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.
If he was doing anything... it was not intentional, it was strictly curiosity and probably some bad judgment.
We bought four (as sculptures) because of the curiosity they arouse.
I'm sure she has her fair share of trauma and anxiety and so on, but she never lets it get to her. She always just keeps going. And there's no rancor, if you'd been falsely accused of murder and convicted and falsely imprisoned for several years, you would presumably feel some rancor towards the people who did that to you, but she doesn't. She works really hard to feel empathy and curiosity and compassion towards everybody -- including her prosecutors.
Curiosity kills itself; and love is only curiosity, as is proved by its end.
Translations for curiosity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- куриоз, любопитство, рядкост, любознателностBulgarian
- kuriozita, zvědavostCzech
- Kuriosität, Kuriosum, Neugier, NeugierdeGerman
- uudishimu, kurioosumEstonian
- uteliaisuus, kuriositeettiFinnish
- 好奇心, 珍奇Japanese
- 호기심, 好奇心Korean
- xemxwerî, hewes, tatol, çavzêlkî, balkêşî, tatêl, etir, mereqKurdish
- smalsumas, žingeidumasLithuanian
- ziņkārība, ziņkāreLatvian
- mokamokai, mōkaikaiMāori
- curiositeit, nieuwsgierigheidDutch
- ciekawostka, ciekawośćPolish
- пытливость, диковина, любопытство, любознательность, редкость, курьёзRussian
- znatiželjnost, zanìmljivōst, ljubopitstvo, radoznalost, занѝмљиво̄ст, kuriozìtēt, радозналост, љубопитство, ljubopitnost, куриозѝте̄т, знатижељност, љубопитљивост, љубопитност, znatiželja, знатижеља, ljubopitljivostSerbo-Croatian
- kuriositet, nyfikenhetSwedish
- tuhaflık, merak, ucûbe, meraklılıkTurkish
- рідкість, дивина, цікавістьUkrainian
- tò mòVietnamese
Get even more translations for curiosity »
Find a translation for the curiosity synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)