a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food
"we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
a particular item of prepared food
"she prepared a special dish for dinner"
the quantity that a dish will hold
"they served me a dish of rice"
smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish(noun)
a very attractive or seductive looking woman
apricot, bag, mantrap, violator, dishful, hit, dish aerial, viewer, smash, peach tree, truelove, beauty, salmon pink, strike, kayo, watcher, saucer, peach, yellowish pink, cup of tea, looker, debaucher, sweetheart, spectator, smasher, stunner, ravisher, witness, steady, beaut, sweetie, dish antenna, bang, lulu, knockout
dish, dish aerial, dish antenna, saucer(noun)
directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
cup of tea, bag, dish(verb)
an activity that you like or at which you are superior
"chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
sweetheart, stunner, old bag, peach, bag, handbag, cup of tea, udder, base, smasher, dishful, beauty, saucer, travelling bag, mantrap, dish aerial, looker, pocketbook, purse, bagful, ravisher, grip, traveling bag, knockout, lulu, suitcase, dish antenna
serve, serve up, dish out, dish up, dish(verb)
provide (usually but not necessarily food)
"We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
serve, process, parcel out, help, dish up, answer, lot, dish out, function, mete out, attend to, dispense, deal out, suffice, attend, dole out, service, assist, serve up, allot, administer, wait on, serve well, swear out, distribute, do, shell out, deal
make concave; shape like a dish
To put in a dish or dishes; serve, usually food.
The restaurant dished up a delicious Italian brunch.
To gossip; to relay information about the personal situation of another.
a dish of stew
A specific type of prepared food.
Tableware (including cutlery, etc, as well as crockery) that is to be or is being washed after being used to prepare, serve and eat a meal.
It's your turn to wash the dishes.
a type of antenna with a similar shape to a plate or bowl, as in satellite dish, radar dish
A sexually attractive person.
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dish in a sentence?
Photography is a dish best served raw.
There are men that will make you books, and turn them loose into the world, with as much dispatch as they would do a dish of fritters.
Hopefully we have a little bit of a Petri dish.
After the story is laid out and we do some brainstorming, we might spend 18 months to two years working on the menu, including many renditions of a dish.
A glorious Church is like a magnificent feast; there is all the variety that may be, but every one chooses out a dish or two that he likes, and lets the rest alone: how glorious soever the Church is, every one chooses out of it his own religion, by which he governs himself, and lets the rest alone.
Translations for dish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- طبق, طَبَقArabic
- мі́ска, тале́ркаBelarusian
- блюдо, съдове, чиния, ястие, чини́яBulgarian
- platCatalan, Valencian
- mísa, pokrm, talíř, miska, nádobíCzech
- Gericht, Teller, Satellitenschüssel, Geschirr, Parabolantenne, SchüsselGerman
- πιάτο, πιάταGreek
- telero, pladoEsperanto
- platillo, plato, loza, vajillaSpanish
- taldrik, plaatEstonian
- دیس, دیش, بشقابPersian
- annos, vati, ruokalaji, lautanen, tiski, lautasellinen, astiallinen, astia, namupala, vadillinen, tarjoiluvati, lautasantenniFinnish
- parabole, plat, vaisselle, assiette, canonFrench
- mias, soitheachScottish Gaelic
- צלחת, מאכל, כלים, מנהHebrew
- tányér, fogás, parabolaantennaHungarian
- պնակ, ուտեստ, ափսեArmenian
- pinggan, piringIndonesian
- matarréttur, diskur, rétturIcelandic
- parabola, piatto, piatto fondo, scodellaItalian
- 料理, 皿Japanese
- საინი, თეფშიGeorgian
- тамақ, табақ, тәрелкеKazakh
- талиңке, тарелкаKyrgyz
- та́нир, чи́нијаMacedonian
- bord, stoot, gerecht, vaat, taloorDutch
- asjett, tallerkenNorwegian
- gary, talerz, danie, naczyniePolish
- prato, louça, gostosaPortuguese
- таре́лка, посу́да, блю́до, ми́скаRussian
- tanjir, suđe, jelo, суђе, јело, тањирSerbo-Croatian
- miska, tanierSlovak
- posoda, krožnik, jedSlovene
- parabolantenn, rätt, fat, tallrik, parabol, maträttSwedish
- табақча, бушқоб, табақTajik
- tarelka, tabak, tarýelkaTurkmen
- plato, pingganTagalog
- тарі́лка, ми́скаUkrainian
- likop, lagan, likopcha, tarelkaUzbek
- món, đĩaVietnamese
Get even more translations for dish »
Find a translation for the dish synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)