a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food
"we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
a particular item of prepared food
"she prepared a special dish for dinner"
the quantity that a dish will hold
"they served me a dish of rice"
smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish(noun)
a very attractive or seductive looking woman
apricot, bag, mantrap, violator, dishful, hit, dish aerial, viewer, smash, peach tree, truelove, beauty, salmon pink, strike, kayo, watcher, saucer, peach, yellowish pink, cup of tea, looker, debaucher, sweetheart, spectator, smasher, stunner, ravisher, witness, steady, beaut, sweetie, dish antenna, bang, lulu, knockout
dish, dish aerial, dish antenna, saucer(noun)
directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
cup of tea, bag, dish(verb)
an activity that you like or at which you are superior
"chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
sweetheart, stunner, old bag, peach, bag, handbag, cup of tea, udder, base, smasher, dishful, beauty, saucer, travelling bag, mantrap, dish aerial, looker, pocketbook, purse, bagful, ravisher, grip, traveling bag, knockout, lulu, suitcase, dish antenna
serve, serve up, dish out, dish up, dish(verb)
provide (usually but not necessarily food)
"We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
serve, process, parcel out, help, dish up, answer, lot, dish out, function, mete out, attend to, dispense, deal out, suffice, attend, dole out, service, assist, serve up, allot, administer, wait on, serve well, swear out, distribute, do, shell out, deal
make concave; shape like a dish
To put in a dish or dishes; serve, usually food.
The restaurant dished up a delicious Italian brunch.
To gossip; to relay information about the personal situation of another.
a dish of stew
A specific type of prepared food.
Tableware (including cutlery, etc, as well as crockery) that is to be or is being washed after being used to prepare, serve and eat a meal.
It's your turn to wash the dishes.
a type of antenna with a similar shape to a plate or bowl, as in satellite dish, radar dish
A sexually attractive person.
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dish in a sentence?
Herbs are a great thing to add to any dish to add a lot of flavor but little to no calories.
Now we know they ate tortoises in a rather sophisticated way, it would have been a supplement - an appetizer, dessert or a side dish - to the meat and fat from large animals.
The New York Times had done an article highlighting different Thanksgiving side dishes, for Minnesota, they named grape salad as our signature side dish. And no one in Minnesota had ever heard of grape salad... it was kind of a harmless example, but if we don't tell the rest of the country who we are, we end up with grape salad.
It has the typical sweetness of a crab, combined with a sapid, savory flavor due to the saltiness of the lagoon waters, it is a very popular dish, especially among Venetians but also by others. It's a special dish.
That's where they go. And now these nursing homes are like a petri dish for the continued development of this virus that is killing us.
Translations for dish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- طبق, طَبَقArabic
- мі́ска, тале́ркаBelarusian
- блюдо, съдове, чиния, ястие, чини́яBulgarian
- platCatalan, Valencian
- mísa, pokrm, talíř, miska, nádobíCzech
- Gericht, Teller, Satellitenschüssel, Geschirr, Parabolantenne, SchüsselGerman
- πιάτο, πιάταGreek
- telero, pladoEsperanto
- platillo, plato, loza, vajillaSpanish
- taldrik, plaatEstonian
- دیس, دیش, بشقابPersian
- annos, vati, ruokalaji, lautanen, tiski, lautasellinen, astiallinen, astia, namupala, vadillinen, tarjoiluvati, lautasantenniFinnish
- parabole, plat, vaisselle, assiette, canonFrench
- mias, soitheachScottish Gaelic
- צלחת, מאכל, כלים, מנהHebrew
- tányér, fogás, parabolaantennaHungarian
- պնակ, ուտեստ, ափսեArmenian
- pinggan, piringIndonesian
- matarréttur, diskur, rétturIcelandic
- parabola, piatto, piatto fondo, scodellaItalian
- 料理, 皿Japanese
- საინი, თეფშიGeorgian
- тамақ, табақ, тәрелкеKazakh
- талиңке, тарелкаKyrgyz
- та́нир, чи́нијаMacedonian
- bord, stoot, gerecht, vaat, taloorDutch
- asjett, tallerkenNorwegian
- gary, talerz, danie, naczyniePolish
- prato, louça, gostosaPortuguese
- таре́лка, посу́да, блю́до, ми́скаRussian
- tanjir, suđe, jelo, суђе, јело, тањирSerbo-Croatian
- miska, tanierSlovak
- posoda, krožnik, jedSlovene
- parabolantenn, rätt, fat, tallrik, parabol, maträttSwedish
- табақча, бушқоб, табақTajik
- tarelka, tabak, tarýelkaTurkmen
- plato, pingganTagalog
- тарі́лка, ми́скаUkrainian
- likop, lagan, likopcha, tarelkaUzbek
- món, đĩaVietnamese
Get even more translations for dish »
Find a translation for the dish synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)