Synonyms for dish
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term dish.
To put in a dish or dishes; serve, usually food.
The restaurant dished up a delicious Italian brunch.
The contents of such a vessel.
a dish of stew
A specific type of prepared food.
Tableware (including cutlery, etc, as well as crockery) that is to be or is being washed after being used to prepare, serve and eat a meal.
It's your turn to wash the dishes.
a type of antenna with a similar shape to a plate or bowl, as in satellite dish, radar dish
A sexually attractive person.
a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food
"we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
a particular item of prepared food
"she prepared a special dish for dinner"
the quantity that a dish will hold
"they served me a dish of rice"
smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dishnoun
a very attractive or seductive looking woman
apricot, bag, mantrap, violator, dishful, hit, dish aerial, viewer, smash, peach tree, truelove, beauty, salmon pink, strike, kayo, watcher, saucer, peach, yellowish pink, cup of tea, looker, debaucher, sweetheart, spectator, smasher, stunner, ravisher, witness, steady, beaut, sweetie, dish antenna, bang, lulu, knockout
dish, dish aerial, dish antenna, saucernoun
directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
cup of tea, bag, dishverb
an activity that you like or at which you are superior
"chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
sweetheart, stunner, old bag, peach, bag, handbag, cup of tea, udder, base, smasher, dishful, beauty, saucer, travelling bag, mantrap, dish aerial, looker, pocketbook, purse, bagful, ravisher, grip, traveling bag, knockout, lulu, suitcase, dish antenna
serve, serve up, dish out, dish up, dishverb
provide (usually but not necessarily food)
"We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
serve, process, parcel out, help, dish up, answer, lot, dish out, function, mete out, attend to, dispense, deal out, suffice, attend, dole out, service, assist, serve up, allot, administer, wait on, serve well, swear out, distribute, do, shell out, deal
make concave; shape like a dish
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dish in a sentence?
This allows us to explore in depth how different diseases affect different people, in this case malaria, this allows you to study it in a dish and find new drugs.
When Jealousy consumes us, we are it dish of the Day. (Jalousie nous dévore. Nous sommes son plat du jour)
Lurou fan is the more ordinary and down-to-earth dish for any Taiwanese, from your mother's version of lurou fan to the one served in a restaurant, it's the one dish we truly can't live without.
This is a great summer recipe with sweet corn being in season, avocados at their peak, and readily available ingredients all-year round that make preparing this dish easy and affordable.
Matzo ball soup is one of my favorites to make during the colder months as the ultimate cozy comfort dish. What many might not know is that you can actually make this soup gluten-free and vegan for a more nourishing option, this is also a quick and easy recipe that can be made in under an hour, so a great dish for those busy nights during the week.
Translations for dish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- طبق, طَبَقArabic
- мі́ска, тале́ркаBelarusian
- блюдо, съдове, чиния, ястие, чини́яBulgarian
- platCatalan, Valencian
- mísa, pokrm, talíř, miska, nádobíCzech
- Gericht, Teller, Satellitenschüssel, Geschirr, Parabolantenne, SchüsselGerman
- πιάτο, πιάταGreek
- telero, pladoEsperanto
- platillo, plato, loza, vajillaSpanish
- taldrik, plaatEstonian
- دیس, دیش, بشقابPersian
- annos, vati, ruokalaji, lautanen, tiski, lautasellinen, astiallinen, astia, namupala, vadillinen, tarjoiluvati, lautasantenniFinnish
- parabole, plat, vaisselle, assiette, canonFrench
- mias, soitheachScottish Gaelic
- צלחת, מאכל, כלים, מנהHebrew
- tányér, fogás, parabolaantennaHungarian
- պնակ, ուտեստ, ափսեArmenian
- pinggan, piringIndonesian
- matarréttur, diskur, rétturIcelandic
- parabola, piatto, piatto fondo, scodellaItalian
- 料理, 皿Japanese
- საინი, თეფშიGeorgian
- тамақ, табақ, тәрелкеKazakh
- талиңке, тарелкаKyrgyz
- та́нир, чи́нијаMacedonian
- bord, stoot, gerecht, vaat, taloorDutch
- asjett, tallerkenNorwegian
- gary, talerz, danie, naczyniePolish
- prato, louça, gostosaPortuguese
- таре́лка, посу́да, блю́до, ми́скаRussian
- tanjir, suđe, jelo, суђе, јело, тањирSerbo-Croatian
- miska, tanierSlovak
- posoda, krožnik, jedSlovene
- parabolantenn, rätt, fat, tallrik, parabol, maträttSwedish
- табақча, бушқоб, табақTajik
- tarelka, tabak, tarýelkaTurkmen
- plato, pingganTagalog
- тарі́лка, ми́скаUkrainian
- likop, lagan, likopcha, tarelkaUzbek
- món, đĩaVietnamese
Get even more translations for dish »
Find a translation for the dish synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)