Synonyms for focus
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term focus.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centeringnoun
the concentration of attention or energy on something
"the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
direction, guidance, nidus, management, counselling, stress, way, commission, counsel, instruction, focussing, focalisation, snap, centering, counseling, charge, steering, focal point, focalization, focusing
maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
"in focus"; "out of focus"
maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea
"the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
focus, focal point, nidusnoun
a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
"the focus of infection"
special emphasis attached to something
"the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
focus, focal pointnoun
a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivetverb
direct one's attention on something
"Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
decoct, center on, concentrate on, concentrate, sharpen, centralise, focus on, concenter, contract, digest, revolve around, condense, focalise, centre, center, boil down, focalize, revolve about, reduce, rivet, pore, concentre, centralize
cause to converge on or toward a central point
"Focus the light on this image"
concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise, focusverb
bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
focus, focalize, focaliseverb
become focussed or come into focus
"The light focused"
focus, focalize, focalise, sharpenverb
put (an image) into focus
"Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases for "focus":
concentrate, emphasis, attention, concentration, accent, discussion, focusing, approach, priority, focused, orientation, centre, target, focuses, theme, axis, focussing, interest, spotlight, concentrating, refocus, objective, guidance, direction, heart, reflection, care, concentrated, devote, goal
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use focus in a sentence?
I think my focus on how governments react to the [alien invasion] threat, coordinate with each other, and act towards their own population is unique, and politically-inclined readers will enjoy that aspect, additionally, so much of our mass culture has becoming overbearingly ‘woke’ to the point it detracts from the actual content. This book is decidedly not woke, and while I try to avoid the pitfall of being over-the-top in my political points, I think fans of conservative commentary will welcome an entertaining book that is also unafraid to speak to the virtues of family, faith, and love of country.
I also note at this time there was no focus on Russian activities that there is today.
Maybe people were relieved that there wasn't a selloff and that kind of brought some buyers into the market, i think people are starting to focus on upcoming earnings rather than lower oil and China news.
You attract whatever you focus your mind on, be it worry or abundance, fear or joy, love or hate. It's always your choice.
We need to focus on improving ventilation indoors in schools. And this can be as simple as opening the windows -- even opening just one or two windows makes a big difference.
Translations for focus
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- концентрирам, фокус, фокусирам, съсредоточавам се, концентрирам се, сгъстявамBulgarian
- enfocar, focusCatalan, Valencian
- fokus, koncentrere, fokusereDanish
- Fokus, Konzentration, fokussieren, [[sich]] [[konzentrieren]], Epizentrum, BrennpunktGerman
- fokuso, subcentroEsperanto
- punto focal, foco, foco de atención, centrar, enfocar, enfoque, hipocentro, concentrarseSpanish
- fookus, keskendus, epitsenterEstonian
- tarkentaa, polttopiste, leikkauspiste, keskittyminen, keskittyä, fokusFinnish
- concentrer, attention, épicentre, focaliser, mettre au point, se concentrer, se focaliser, foyerFrench
- su, fuoco, concentrarsiItalian
- 焦点, 集中, 震央, 注目を集める, 濃縮, 震源, 絞る, ピントを合わせる, フォーカスJapanese
- 초점, 焦点Korean
- сосредоточува, концентрираMacedonian
- brandpunt, focusDutch
- foco, enfoque, epicentro, focalizarPortuguese
- сосредоточиться, [[фокальный, фокус, концентрация, концентрировать, сконцентрировать, средоточие, [[наводка]] [[на]] [[резкость]], фокусировать, сфокусировать, [[концентрация]] [[внимание, сосредоточение, сосредоточивать, сосредоточить, эпицентр, концентрироваться, сконцентрироваться, сосредоточиватьсяRussian
- brännpunkt, fokus, skärpa, ställa in fokus, koncentrera, fokusera, ställa in skärpan, koncentrera sigSwedish
- odak, odaklanmakTurkish
Get even more translations for focus »
Find a translation for the focus synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"focus." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 19 Aug. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/focus>.