focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering(noun)
the concentration of attention or energy on something
"the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
direction, guidance, nidus, management, counselling, stress, way, commission, counsel, instruction, focussing, focalisation, snap, centering, counseling, charge, steering, focal point, focalization, focusing
maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
"in focus"; "out of focus"
maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea
"the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
focus, focal point, nidus(noun)
a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
"the focus of infection"
special emphasis attached to something
"the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
focus, focal point(noun)
a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet(verb)
direct one's attention on something
"Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
decoct, center on, concentrate on, concentrate, sharpen, centralise, focus on, concenter, contract, digest, revolve around, condense, focalise, centre, center, boil down, focalize, revolve about, reduce, rivet, pore, concentre, centralize
cause to converge on or toward a central point
"Focus the light on this image"
concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise, focus(verb)
bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
focus, focalize, focalise(verb)
become focussed or come into focus
"The light focused"
focus, focalize, focalise, sharpen(verb)
put (an image) into focus
"Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases for "focus":
concentrate, emphasis, attention, concentration, accent, discussion, focusing, approach, priority, focused, orientation, centre, target, focuses, theme, axis, focussing, interest, spotlight, concentrating, refocus, objective, guidance, direction, heart, reflection, care, concentrated, devote, goal
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use focus in a sentence?
The reason why there’s been a focus, I think, on this particular incident is because of the extent and how broad it was.
Rate hike expectations for June have disappeared. And while the focus has shifted to July, we expect the dollar to be rather subdued this week, with not much of economic data out of the U.S..
Focus 90% of your time on solutions and only 10% of your time on problems.
[ 3D printing ] shifts the focus from an implant that has been designed for common use that requires modification to a patient, to a patient-specific implant that has been designed directly for them.
The markets are still under the sway of fiscal policy at the moment, the focus is still very much on governments and central bank policy and there's a lack of consensus on what policy outcomes might be, which has kept conviction down and turnover in the market low.
Translations for focus
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- концентрирам, фокус, фокусирам, съсредоточавам се, концентрирам се, сгъстявамBulgarian
- enfocar, focusCatalan, Valencian
- fokus, koncentrere, fokusereDanish
- Fokus, Konzentration, fokussieren, [[sich]] [[konzentrieren]], Epizentrum, BrennpunktGerman
- fokuso, subcentroEsperanto
- punto focal, foco, foco de atención, centrar, enfocar, enfoque, hipocentro, concentrarseSpanish
- fookus, keskendus, epitsenterEstonian
- tarkentaa, polttopiste, leikkauspiste, keskittyminen, keskittyä, fokusFinnish
- concentrer, attention, épicentre, focaliser, mettre au point, se concentrer, se focaliser, foyerFrench
- su, fuoco, concentrarsiItalian
- 焦点, 集中, 震央, 注目を集める, 濃縮, 震源, 絞る, ピントを合わせる, フォーカスJapanese
- 초점, 焦点Korean
- сосредоточува, концентрираMacedonian
- brandpunt, focusDutch
- foco, enfoque, epicentro, focalizarPortuguese
- сосредоточиться, [[фокальный, фокус, концентрация, концентрировать, сконцентрировать, средоточие, [[наводка]] [[на]] [[резкость]], фокусировать, сфокусировать, [[концентрация]] [[внимание, сосредоточение, сосредоточивать, сосредоточить, эпицентр, концентрироваться, сконцентрироваться, сосредоточиватьсяRussian
- brännpunkt, fokus, skärpa, ställa in fokus, koncentrera, fokusera, ställa in skärpan, koncentrera sigSwedish
- odak, odaklanmakTurkish
Get even more translations for focus »
Find a translation for the focus synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)