What is another word for accent?
Synonyms for accent
ˈæk sɛnt; ækˈsɛntac·cent
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word accent.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms3.3 / 4 votes
stress, rhythm, pulsation, beat, emphasis
smoothness, inaccentuation, monotony, equableness, babble, flow
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
accent, speech patternnoun
distinctive manner of oral expression
"he couldn't suppress his contemptuous accent"; "she had a very clear speech pattern"
stress, speech pattern, dialect, idiom, emphasis, accent mark
special importance or significance
"the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"; "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents"
dialect, vehemence, stress, accent mark, idiom, speech pattern, emphasis
dialect, idiom, accentnoun
the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people
"the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English"; "he has a strong German accent"; "it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy"
phrase, artistic style, speech pattern, dialect, stress, set phrase, accent mark, idiom, parlance, emphasis, phrasal idiom, idiomatic expression
stress, emphasis, accentnoun
the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
"he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
tenseness, speech pattern, vehemence, emphasis, stress, dialect, accent mark, tension, strain, focus, idiom
accent, accent markverb
a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
stress, speech pattern, dialect, idiom, emphasis, accent mark
stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuateverb
to stress, single out as important
"Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
emphasise, mark, punctuate, stress, try, underscore, strain, accentuate, underline, emphasize
stress, accent, accentuateverb
put stress on; utter with an accent
"In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
emphasise, punctuate, stress, try, strain, accentuate, emphasize
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
intonation, cadence, tone, modulation of voice
stress (on a certain syllable)
accentuate, lay stress upon, pronounce with accent
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
stress, ictus, modulation, accentuation
PPDB, the paraphrase database0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use accent in a sentence?
Jared Kushner and Donald Trump picks up the phone and I started talking to The President. I never said to Jared Kushner and Donald Trump that I was Sen. Menendez. I was just talking in my Long Island accent. The thing is, you hear my bad Long Island accent and a voice that Jared Kushner and Donald Trump has talked to so many times, the President wants to be accessible to members and likes engaging them and wants them to have the opportunity to connect. The downside of that is sometimes the channels are open too widely and mistakes like this happen.
Accent is the soul of language it gives to it both feeling and truth.
I knew that an African accent could carry all of that passion in the English language just as well as a British one could if not better.
I get a lot of calls from people who want accent softening, who say,' I want to sound like the queen,'.
Since the Exodus, freedom has always spoken with a Hebrew accent.
Translations for accent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نبر, تلفظ, نطق, علامة نبر, لكنةArabic
- акцентирам, акце́нт, произноше́ние, ударе́ние, ритъм, [[поставям]] [[ударение]], подчертавамBulgarian
- accentuar, accentCatalan, Valencian
- betoning, trykDanish
- Betonung, AkzentGerman
- acento, tilde, acentuarSpanish
- ilmaisu, [[merkitä]] [[aksentit]], painottaa, pilkku, aksenttimerkki, sävy, korostus, aksentti, isku, paino, puhe, korostaa, painotus, pääpaino, erityispiirre, äänensävy, sävyttää, painopisteFinnish
- accentuer, accentFrench
- aiceann, béim ghutha, aiceannaigh, blasIrish
- beumScottish Gaelic
- מבטא, דגשHebrew
- hangsúly, ékezet, akcentusHungarian
- acentizar, acentoIdo
- 強調, アクセント, 強音, なまり, 話し振りJapanese
- на́гласок, акце́нт, нагла́сува, акценти́ра, прим, нагласокMacedonian
- klemtoon, uitspraak, accent, accentteken, accentueren, beklemtonen, tongvalDutch
- aksentuere, trykk, aksent, uttale, tonefall, betoning, merkeNorwegian
- akcent, naciskPolish
- linha, tonicidade, acento, sotaquePortuguese
- accent, intonațieRomanian
- акце́нт, [[ста́вить]] [[ударе́ние]], штрих, [[знак]] [[ударение, [[поста́вить]] [[ударе́ние]], подчеркну́ть, подчёркивать, ударе́ние, [[проставля́ть]] [[ударе́ние]], [[проста́вить]] [[ударе́ние]], акценти́роватьRussian
- naglasak, нагласакSerbo-Croatian
- naglàs, naglasiti, poudaritiSlovene
- accent, accentuera, betoning, betona, brytningSwedish
- శైలి, యాసTelugu
- vurgulamak, şive, ağız, vurgu, aksanTurkish
Get even more translations for accent »
Find a translation for the accent synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"accent." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 8 Jun 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/accent>.
Discuss these accent synonyms with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.
If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite.