Synonyms for languish
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term languish.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
pine away, waste, languishverb
lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief
"After her husband died, she just pined away"
waste, run off, emaciate, ache, blow, scourge, neutralise, devastate, yen, ravage, pine, neutralize, desolate, yearn, consume, macerate, ware, liquidate, squander, pine away, do in, rot, fade, knock off, lay waste to
ache, yearn, yen, pine, languishverb
have a desire for something or someone who is not present
"She ached for a cigarette"; "I am pining for my lover"
"The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
She was able to make quick decisions to place that baby in a pre-adoptive home as quickly as possible, so he didn't languish in the system.
Copper prices will continue to languish this year, hovering between the current level and $5,500 a tonne.
We can let children languish in povertythat's going to haunt them for the rest of their lives orwe can give them a fighting chance, i prefer the latter, but that's a value judgment.
There was grazing ability outside the barn. However, they were left to languish within their stalls from what it appears to be.
The thought of even being in the same room as those people gives me goose bumps. I'd burst into tears of gratitude, how can you begin to say thank you for that? And what an insult to that ingenuity that we're just letting these kits languish.
Translations for languish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- llanguirCatalan, Valencian
- zeslábnout, živořitCzech
- dahinsiechen, ermatten, schmachtenGerman
- estancarse, periclitar, atascarse, languidecer, sufrir, debilitarse, enredarse, desperecer, marchitar, atrofiar, ir tirando, decaerSpanish
- nääntyä, räytyä, riutua, roikkua, kitua, viruaFinnish
- stagner, [[devenir]] [[étique]], péricliter, marquer le pas, mourir, se rabougrir, vivoter, patauger, [[traîner]] [[une]] [[misérable]] [[éxistence]], languir, décliner, piétiner, se cachectiser, dépérirFrench
- տկարանալ, թախծել, տանջվել, թառամել, ուժից ընկնել, հյուծվել, թուլանալ, ուժասպառ լինելArmenian
- segnare il passo, stagnare, intristire, vivachiareItalian
- 惨めに暮らす, 元気がなくなるJapanese
- smachten, wegkwijnenDutch
- увядать, [[влачить]] [[жалкий, прозябать, чахнуть, томиться, тосковать, тянуться, изнывать, слабетьRussian
- försmäkta, tyna bortSwedish
- sürünmek, durgunlaşmak, gevşemekTurkish
Get even more translations for languish »
Find a translation for the languish synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"languish." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 25 Sep. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/languish>.