change toward something smaller or lower
a condition inferior to an earlier condition; a gradual falling off from a better state
a gradual decrease; as of stored charge or current
descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope(verb)
a downward slope or bend
extraction, pin, stemma, crepuscule, parentage, dip, pedigree, gloam, bloodline, twilight, diminution, decline in quality, dec, spill, gloaming, downslope, tumble, regrets, declivity, decay, surrender, worsening, declination, descent, lineage, fall, filiation, autumn, stock, deterioration, evenfall, origin, celestial latitude, line, line of descent, downfall, declension, drop, crepuscle, nightfall, dusk, free fall, ancestry, blood, blood line, capitulation
"Conditions in the slum worsened"
refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline(verb)
refuse to accept
"He refused my offer of hospitality"
freeze off, reject, rule out, go down, deny, resist, worsen, winnow out, lower, correct, lour, spurn, pooh-pooh, wane, disapprove, disdain, scorn, pass up, defy, turn away, refuse, eliminate, slump, turn down
show unwillingness towards
"he declined to join the group on a hike"
decline, go down, wane(verb)
"Interest in the project waned"
"The roof declines here"
decline, slump, correct(verb)
go down in value
"the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
right, even out, reject, chasten, go down, adjust, refuse, slouch, objurgate, discipline, set, redress, correct, sink, rectify, worsen, even up, slide down, counterbalance, chastise, wane, compensate, sort out, even off, fall off, pass up, make up, castigate, slump, turn down
inflect for number, gender, case, etc., "in many languages, speakers decline nouns, pronouns, and adjectives"
To move downwards, to fall, to drop.
The dollar has declined rapidly since 2001.
To become weaker or worse.
My health declined in winter.
To refuse, forbear.
On reflection I think I will decline your generous offer.
To list the inflected forms of a noun, pronoun (and in some languages adjective) for case and number.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The storm, the fever, the pain abates. Interest declines. Misfortunes may be mitigated, desires moderated, intense anger abated, population decreased, taxes reduced. We abate a nuisance, terminate a controversy, suppress a rebellion. See ALLEVIATE.
Abate in fury; abated by law.
the term in gaming ones, as slang, to make it weaker or worse
there is a nerf to the skills in-game.Submitted by rinat on August 15, 2019
a sudden increase or a sudden strong rushSubmitted by 283966 on October 22, 2019
have smaller part of its visible
waned in popularitySubmitted by acronimous on March 4, 2014
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
decrease, drop, reduction, downturn, drop-off, fall, deterioration, declining, dieback, regression, decay, reduce, decadence, recession, lower, diminution, degradation, decreased, decreasing, slowdown, retreat, refuse, lowering, contraction, reduced, demise, slump, setback, diminish, dip, down, downfall, loss, collapse
Words popularity by usage frequency
Translations for decline
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- праскланя́ць, скланя́цьBelarusian
- упадък, наклонявам се надолу, склон, отказвам, скланям, влошавам се, западане, западам, спадам, влошаванеBulgarian
- declivi, declinar-se, caiguda, refusar, declinar, debilitar-seCatalan, Valencian
- skloňovat, pokles, klesat, odmítnoutCzech
- sinken, Fall, zurückgehen, Rückgang, ablehnen, abnehmen, deklinieren, Abnahme, fallen, GefälleGerman
- declinar, rechazarSpanish
- کاهش می یابدPersian
- alamäki, taivuttaa, lasku, heikentyä, heikentyminen, laskea, pudotus, heiketä, pudota, kieltäytyäFinnish
- refuser, accorderFrench
- meath, meathlú, meathlaighIrish
- claon, rach bhuaitheScottish Gaelic
- ירידה, נחלש, היחלשות, היטה, ירד, סירב, נפילה, דחהHebrew
- refizeHaitian Creole
- hanyatlik, gyengül, hanyatlásHungarian
- abnegō, declinesLatin
- afname, helling, achteruitgaan, afwijzen, afzwakken, verzwakking, verbuigen, verval, terugval, achteruitgang, afnemen, weigeren, vervallen, terugvallen, verzwakkenDutch
- deklinować, [[odmieniać]] ([[przez]] [[przypadekPolish
- declive, declinar, declínio, recusarPortuguese
- спад, склонять, упадок, уклон, ухудшение, склон, сокращение, спускRussian
- одбити, odbitiSerbo-Croatian
- medlut, utförsbacke, nedförsbackeSwedish
Get even more translations for decline »
Find a translation for the decline synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)