Letters or words, in writing or speech, that have no meaning or seem to have no meaning.
After my father had a stroke, every time he tried to talk, it sounded like nonsense.
To attempt to dismiss as nonsense.
He says that I stole his computer, but that's just nonsense.
To joke around, to waste time
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokumnoun
a message that seems to convey no meaning
folderal, falderol, frill, gimcrackery, gimcrack, nonsense, trumperyadjective
ornamental objects of no great value
flounce, folderal, gimcrackery, trash, gimcrack, codswallop, bunk, frill, rubbish, wish-wash, trumpery, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, ruff, applesauce, folderol, falderol, hokum, furbelow, ruffle, tripe
having no intelligible meaning
"nonsense syllables"; "a nonsensical jumble of words"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use nonsense in a sentence?
He was talking nonsense.
Ican tell you from my personalexperience as the father of twoboys... we are worriedabout lifelong negativeeffects that can continue ifthese schools remain closed, distance learning for a kid thatage is nonsense, a kid needssocial interactions, thestructure ofin-person learningand experts warn that distancelearning doesnt even meet thecurrent educational standards. CORONAVIRUS SURGE FORCES UNC CHAPEL HILL TO SWITCH TO REMOTE LEARNING ONE WEEK INTO SEMESTER.
People are counting on us to stop this nonsense, we won't get a second chance. We will go from village to village, door to door, and tell people to vote for us.
The idea that I would commit a crime is a nonsense.
I needed to believe in justice, I needed to think that things had changed, i heard all that nonsense and I was shocked. I don't think there is any justice.
Translations for nonsense
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- هراء, لغو, تفاهةArabic
- bestiesa, bajanada, estirabotCatalan, Valencian
- nesmysl, nonsensCzech
- Unsinn, Quatsch, Nonsens, BlödsinnGerman
- parida, disparates, estupidez, disparate, tontería, tonteríasSpanish
- بیمعنی, چرندPersian
- hölynpöly, toimimaton, jaksoFinnish
- non-sens, sottiseFrench
- sgudal, amaideasScottish Gaelic
- שטויות, חנטרישHebrew
- omong kosongIndonesian
- rugl, bullIcelandic
- fola, a vanvera, sciocchezza, assurdità, priva di significato, ridicolaggine, baggianata, balla, scemenza, idiozia, fandonia, senza sensoItalian
- ナンセンス, 馬鹿げた事, でたらめ, 無意味Japanese
- 어리석은 소리, 헛소리, 난센스, 무의미Korean
- قسهی هیچوپوچKurdish
- nonsens, flauwekul, onzinDutch
- burrice, besteira, bobagemPortuguese
- nerozii, nonsens, prostie, absurditate, nerozieRomanian
- ерунда, бессмыслица, абсурд, нонсенс, ахинея, вздорRussian
- glupost, nesmisao, besmislica, budalaština, neistinaSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for nonsense »
Find a translation for the nonsense synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)