Synonyms for property
ˈprɒp ər tiprop·er·ty
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term property.
Something that is owned.
Leave those books alone! They are my property.
A piece of real estate, such as a parcel of land.
real estate; the business of selling houses.
He works in property as a housing consultant.
The exclusive right of possessing, enjoying and disposing of a thing.
An attribute or abstract quality associated with an individual, object or concept.
Charm is his most endearing property
An attribute or abstract quality which is characteristic of a class of objects.
Matter can have many properties, including color, mass and density.
An editable or read-only parameter associated with an application, component or class, or the value of such a parameter.
You need to set the debugging property to verbose.
An object used in a dramatic production
Costumes and scenery are distinguished from property properly speaking
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A quality (Latin qualis, such) — the "suchness" of anything, according to the German idiom — denotes what a thing really is in some one respect; an attribute is what we conceive a thing to be in some one respect; thus, while attribute may, quality must, express something of the real nature of that to which it is ascribed; we speak of the attributes of God, the qualities of matter. "Originally 'the attributes of God' was preferred, probably, because men assumed no knowledge of the actual qualities of the Deity, but only of those more or less fitly attributed to him."
J. A. H. Murray. [ Murray's"New English Dictionary"] Holiness is an attribute of God; the attributes of many heathen deities have been only the qualities of wicked men joined to superhuman power. A property (Latin proprius, one's own) is what belongs especially to one thing as its own peculiar possession, in distinction from all other things; when we speak of the qualities or the properties of matter, quality is the more general, property the more limited term. A quality is inherent; a property may be transient; physicists now, however, prefer to term those qualities manifested by all bodies (such as impenetrability, extension, etc.), general properties of matter, while those peculiar to certain substances or to certain states of those substances (as fluidity, malleability, etc.) are termed specific properties; in this wider use of the word property, it becomes strictly synonymous with quality. Compare CHARACTERISTIC; EMBLEM.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
property, belongings, holdingnoun
something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone
"that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property";
a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class
"a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
any area set aside for a particular purpose
"who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
belongings, dimension, shoes, post, topographic point, place, prop, station, plaza, home, stead, space, holding, position, office, blank space, attribute, lieu, seat, spot, piazza, situation, berth, billet
property, attribute, dimensionnoun
a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
"self-confidence is not an endearing property"
any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie
"before every scene he ran down his checklist of props"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
There may be a lapse in funding for the federal government, but that will not relieve USDA of its responsibilities for safeguarding life and property through the critical services we provide.
He's trying to get people to understand the magnitude of the problem, and to be willing to bear the pain that's inevitably coming, there are going to be very difficult budget decisions this year. Property taxes will go up as much as 50 percent.
With a lot of all-cash offers, buyers are borrowing the money, they just aren't borrowing it against this property, they may well be using a margin account from stocks. They may be borrowing expected liquidity and getting a line of credit. Or their parents may be lending them a couple million dollars.
Not only were they installing a gate on public property, but also pouring cement on the beach to install an elevator linking the house and the beach.
We have not been able to locate anyone who claims them. They were just allowed on property. No one took care of them, no one gave them vet care, no one handled them. Therefore they are wild.
Translations for property
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ملك, ملكية, خاصية, خاصةArabic
- propietat, possessió, pertinençaCatalan, Valencian
- vlastnictví, nemovitost, vlastnost, majetekCzech
- egenskab, ejendom, besiddelse, ejendomsretDanish
- Eigenschaft, Anwesen, Besitz, Grundbesitz, Eigentum, GrundstückGerman
- ιδιοκτησία, ιδιότητα, κτήμαGreek
- eco, propraĵo, proprieto, trajto, posedaĵo, bieno, propreco, proprietaĵo, havoEsperanto
- propiedad, pertenecia, cualidad, posesión, finca, bienesSpanish
- ominaisuus, tontti, omistusoikeus, kiinteistö, omaisuus, tila, määräala, omistusFinnish
- ogn, ognarrættur, eginleikiFaroese
- propriété, possession, accessoire, domaineFrench
- eigenskipWestern Frisian
- dílseacht, seilbh, sealúchas, réadmhaoin, maoinIrish
- sealbhScottish Gaelic
- מאפיין, תכונה, זכות הקניין, נכס, רכושHebrew
- tulajdonjog, tulajdon, tulajdonság, kellék, ingatlan, birtokHungarian
- ունեցվածք, անշարժ գույք, գույք, սեփականությունArmenian
- proprietate, possession, immobile, peculioInterlingua
- proprietajo, posedajo, havajo, proprietoIdo
- eiginleiki, fasteign, eign, landeignIcelandic
- possesso, qualità, beni, proprietà, possidenza, beni immobiliItalian
- 特性, 資産, 特徴, 所有物, 所有権, 属性, 財産, 所有地Japanese
- ទ្រព្យ, អចលវត្ថុKhmer
- 소유관, 소유지, 재산, 소유물, 성질Korean
- res, dominium, possessio, proprietās, bona, possessionemLatin
- nuosavybė, savybė, turtasLithuanian
- fananana, tondroMalagasy
- своина, сопственост, својство, реквизит, имот, поседокMacedonian
- eiendom, eiendomsrett, egenskap, løsøreNorwegian
- eigendomsrecht, kenmerk, bezitting, eigenschap, eigendom, goed, rekwisiet, bezit, karakteristiek, pandDutch
- lausøyre, eigenskap, eigedomsrett, eigedomNorwegian Nynorsk
- własność, posiadłość, wyróżnik, posesja, prawo własności, właściwość, cecha, posiadaniePolish
- propriedade, acessório, possessão, qualidade, bemPortuguese
- posesie, atribut, drept de proprietate, caracter, posesiune, însușire, proprietateRomanian
- свойство, собственность, качество, недвижимость, право собственности, имуществоRussian
- власништво, svójstvo, imánje, посед, svojìna, gospodárstvo, својина, posed, pósjed, osobìna, vlȃsnīštvoSerbo-Croatian
- lastnost, lastnina, last, lastništvoSlovene
- egendom, rekvisita, egenskapSwedish
- mal, mülk, vasıf, emlak, nitelik, mülkiyetTurkish
- власність, якість, властивість, майноUkrainian
- bất động sảnVietnamese
- dalabot, ledutodVolapük
Get even more translations for property »
Find a translation for the property synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"property." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 3 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/property>.