An understanding between entities to follow a specific course of conduct.
A state whereby several parties share a view or opinion; the state of not contradicting one another.
The results of my experiment are in agreement with those of Michelson and with the law of General Relativity.
A legally binding contract enforceable in a court of law.
An agreeable quality.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
All these words involve at least two parties, tho an engagement or promise may be the act of but one. A contract is a formal agreement between two or more parties for the doing or leaving undone some specified act or acts, and is ordinarily in writing. Mutual promises may have the force of a contract. A consideration, or compensation, is essential to convert an agreement into a contract. A contract may be oral or written. A covenant in law is a written contract under seal. Covenant is frequent in religious usage, as contract is in law and business. Compact is essentially the same as contract, but is applied to international agreements, treaties, etc. A bargain is a mutual agreement for an exchange of values, without the formality of a contract. A stipulation is a single item in an agreement or contract. A cartel is a military agreement for the exchange of prisoners or the like.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises
"they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other's business"; "there was an understanding between management and the workers"
compatibility of observations
"there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters
"the two parties were in agreement"
the thing arranged or agreed to
"they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
the verbal act of agreeing
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
concurrence, consensus, harmony, compatibility, acquiescence, accord, concord, conformity, coincidence, unanimity, unison, corroboration, correspondence, contract, treaty, stipulation, protocol, compact, collusion, cartel (Mil.)
List of paraphrases for "agreement":
accord, agreements, arrangement, deal, understanding, convention, agree, accordance, right, contract, consensus, consent, treaty, agreed, settlement, accords, concurrence, acuerdo, line, 'accord, entente, pact, approval, assent, cartel, concur, concordance, arrangements, unanimity, megállapodás, compact, bargain
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use agreement in a sentence?
Apple listened to our community and then revised its music service agreement, demonstrating that it is committed to treating fairly all creators - labels, artists and songwriters.
We believe this move sets the wrong tone for both parties to move forward and reach an agreement, we remain committed to continued safe operations and productive negotiations.
What Ido know is that whether or not the president was briefed, frankly, is irrelevant because the intelligence agencies could not yet agree on this, if this is something, you need to have large agreement or at least [agreement] to a point of significant confidence to be able to take action.Otherwise, in theory, if its not true and youre reacting against the Russians, think of the damage of that.
Wolves are delighted to confirm that a sale and purchase agreement has been signed which sees the transfer of the 100 percent ownership in Wolves and all its assets from Steve Morgan CBE and his Bridgemere Group to Fosun Group, headed by chairman Guo Guangchang.
A government of national accord can be the only interlocutor through which the growing threat of (Islamic State) and its affiliate groups can be effectively tackled, spoilers should be held accountable, as they bear the responsibility of hindering the political agreement.
Translations for agreement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- اتفاقية, عقد, اقرارArabic
- съгласие, съглашение, съгласуване, договорBulgarian
- shoda, soulad, domluva, souhlas, dohodaCzech
- enighed, aftale, overensstemmelse, samtykkeDanish
- Einvernehmen, Kongruenz, Vereinbarung, Zustimmung, Übereinstimmung, Vertrag, EinigkeitGerman
- συνθήκη, συμφωνία, συμφωνητικόGreek
- convenio, acuerdo, contrato, concordanciaSpanish
- leping, kokkulepeEstonian
- پیمان, توافقPersian
- sopimus, yksimielisyysFinnish
- entente, pacte, accord, contratFrench
- aonta, aontachadh, còrdadhScottish Gaelic
- הסכמה, הסכםHebrew
- concordanza, consenso, accordo, patto, convenzione, contrattoItalian
- 合意, 納得, 賛成, 一致, 協定Japanese
- макулдук, тууралаштыруу, келишим, макулдашууKyrgyz
- foedus, sponsio, congruentia, pactumLatin
- whakaaetanga, kirimanaMāori
- goedkeuring, afspraak, overeenstemming, contract, overeenkomstDutch
- avtale, overensstemmelse, kongruens, samtykke, enighetNorwegian
- ałgáádeitʼááhNavajo, Navaho
- umowa, porozumienie, zgoda, związek zgodyPolish
- contrato, acordo, pacto, concordância, consensoPortuguese
- договорённость, согласие, согласование, соглашение, договорRussian
- споразум, saglasnost, sporazum, сагласностSerbo-Croatian
- dogovor, soglasje, pogodbaSlovene
- avtal, enighet, samtycke, kongruens, överensstämmelse, överenskommelseSwedish
- maagano, mkatabaSwahili
Get even more translations for agreement »
Find a translation for the agreement synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)