the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises
"they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other's business"; "there was an understanding between management and the workers"
compatibility of observations
"there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters
"the two parties were in agreement"
the thing arranged or agreed to
"they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
the verbal act of agreeing
An understanding between entities to follow a specific course of conduct.
A state whereby several parties share a view or opinion; the state of not contradicting one another.
The results of my experiment are in agreement with those of Michelson and with the law of General Relativity.
A legally binding contract enforceable in a court of law.
An agreeable quality.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
All these words involve at least two parties, tho an engagement or promise may be the act of but one. A contract is a formal agreement between two or more parties for the doing or leaving undone some specified act or acts, and is ordinarily in writing. Mutual promises may have the force of a contract. A consideration, or compensation, is essential to convert an agreement into a contract. A contract may be oral or written. A covenant in law is a written contract under seal. Covenant is frequent in religious usage, as contract is in law and business. Compact is essentially the same as contract, but is applied to international agreements, treaties, etc. A bargain is a mutual agreement for an exchange of values, without the formality of a contract. A stipulation is a single item in an agreement or contract. A cartel is a military agreement for the exchange of prisoners or the like.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
concurrence, consensus, harmony, compatibility, acquiescence, accord, concord, conformity, coincidence, unanimity, unison, corroboration, correspondence, contract, treaty, stipulation, protocol, compact, collusion, cartel (Mil.)
List of paraphrases for "agreement":
accord, agreements, arrangement, deal, understanding, convention, agree, accordance, right, contract, consensus, consent, treaty, agreed, settlement, accords, concurrence, acuerdo, line, 'accord, entente, pact, approval, assent, cartel, concur, concordance, arrangements, unanimity, megállapodás, compact, bargain
How to use agreement in a sentence?
The position of (regulator) MWSS, as upheld by the appeals panel, diverges from the original intent of the concession agreement, we now claim against this primary obligation of the national government to account for the impairment caused by this change.
There's no agreement for a deal, we never anticipated one. There's a communique between the two great countries, that's all. And in that communique, you can see where we're going next.
What citizens refuse (reject) is that as a result of a trade agreement, legally and democratically adopted laws and binding standards could be undermined by arbitration.
In his haste to reach an agreement, President Trump elevated North Korea to the level of the United States while preserving the regime’s status quo, the millions of families currently living in fear of nuclear weapons in the region deserve strong and smart leadership built on diplomacy and engagement with our regional partners and allies.
We are starting to see the path to an agreement and have agreed to make final efforts.
Translations for agreement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- اتفاقية, عقد, اقرارArabic
- съгласие, съглашение, съгласуване, договорBulgarian
- shoda, soulad, domluva, souhlas, dohodaCzech
- enighed, aftale, overensstemmelse, samtykkeDanish
- Einvernehmen, Kongruenz, Vereinbarung, Zustimmung, Übereinstimmung, Vertrag, EinigkeitGerman
- συνθήκη, συμφωνία, συμφωνητικόGreek
- convenio, acuerdo, contrato, concordanciaSpanish
- leping, kokkulepeEstonian
- پیمان, توافقPersian
- sopimus, yksimielisyysFinnish
- entente, pacte, accord, contratFrench
- aonta, aontachadh, còrdadhScottish Gaelic
- הסכמה, הסכםHebrew
- concordanza, consenso, accordo, patto, convenzione, contrattoItalian
- 合意, 納得, 賛成, 一致, 協定Japanese
- макулдук, тууралаштыруу, келишим, макулдашууKyrgyz
- foedus, sponsio, congruentia, pactumLatin
- whakaaetanga, kirimanaMāori
- goedkeuring, afspraak, overeenstemming, contract, overeenkomstDutch
- avtale, overensstemmelse, kongruens, samtykke, enighetNorwegian
- ałgáádeitʼááhNavajo, Navaho
- umowa, porozumienie, zgoda, związek zgodyPolish
- contrato, acordo, pacto, concordância, consensoPortuguese
- договорённость, согласие, согласование, соглашение, договорRussian
- споразум, saglasnost, sporazum, сагласностSerbo-Croatian
- dogovor, soglasje, pogodbaSlovene
- avtal, enighet, samtycke, kongruens, överensstämmelse, överenskommelseSwedish
- maagano, mkatabaSwahili
Get even more translations for agreement »
Find a translation for the agreement synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)