English Synonyms and Antonyms
The phrase battle array or array of battle is archaic and poetic; we now say in line or order of battle. The parade is for exhibition and oversight, and partial rehearsal of military manual and maneuvers. Array refers to a continuous arrangement of men, so that all may be seen or reviewed at once. This is practically impossible with the vast armies of our day. We say rather the disposition of troops, which expresses their location so as to sustain and support, though unable to see or readily communicate with each other. Compare DRESS.
the thing arranged or agreed to
"they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
an orderly grouping (of things or persons) considered as a unit; the result of arranging
"a flower arrangement"
arrangement, organization, organisation, systemnoun
an organized structure for arranging or classifying
"he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
governing body, constitution, establishment, system of rules, transcription, formation, organization, musical arrangement, system, governance, placement, arranging, scheme, brass, administration, agreement, organisation
the spatial property of the way in which something is placed
"the arrangement of the furniture"; "the placement of the chairs"
musical arrangement, arrangementnoun
a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments
arrangement, arranging, transcriptionnoun
the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use arrangement in a sentence?
Nothing is new except arrangement.
This has implications far beyond Libya, Benghazi and our committee's work, this conclusively shows her email arrangement with herself, which was then vetted by her own lawyers, has resulted in an incomplete public record.
That could very well be a critical piece of the final resolutions with their landlords going forward, a sharing arrangement could be a very significant win-win outcome for both landlords and the company.
There simply is no safe arrangement for resettlement in Papua New Guinea. It is a gaping whole at the end of the Australian government's offshore processing arrangement and as long as that exists, there isn't a remedy.
An inventor is a person who makes an ingenious arrangement of wheels, levers and springs, and believes it civilization.
Translations for arrangement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- приготовления, мерки, устройство, подреждане, аранжимент, подредба, договореностBulgarian
- acuerdo, preparativos, arreglo, planes, disposiciónSpanish
- قرارداد، پیمانPersian
- sovittaminen, järjestelyt, järjestely, sommitelma, sovitus, järjestäminen, sovinto, järjestys, sopimus, asetelmaFinnish
- arrangement, accord, disposition, composition, préparatifsFrench
- rèiteachadhScottish Gaelic
- סידור, הסדרHebrew
- व्यवस्था, इंतज़ामHindi
- röðun, samkomulag, uppstilling, ráðstöfun, skipan, uppröðun, uppsetning, útsetningIcelandic
- accomodamento, arrangiamento, preparativi, sistemazione, compromesso, incontro, accordo, composizioneItalian
- išdėstymas, sutvarkymas, susitarimasLithuanian
- układ, aranżacja, umowaPolish
- preparativos, arranjo, acordo, arranjamentoPortuguese
- aranjament, aranjareRomanian
- расстановка, приведение в порядок, расположение, приготовлениеRussian
- priprave, pripreme, aranžmanSerbo-Croatian
- అమరిక, ఏర్పాట్లుTelugu
- düzenleme, aranjmanTurkish
- sắp xếpVietnamese
Get even more translations for arrangement »
Find a translation for the arrangement synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)