the thing arranged or agreed to
"they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
an orderly grouping (of things or persons) considered as a unit; the result of arranging
"a flower arrangement"
arrangement, organization, organisation, system(noun)
an organized structure for arranging or classifying
"he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
governing body, constitution, establishment, system of rules, transcription, formation, organization, musical arrangement, system, governance, placement, arranging, scheme, brass, administration, agreement, organisation
the spatial property of the way in which something is placed
"the arrangement of the furniture"; "the placement of the chairs"
musical arrangement, arrangement(noun)
a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments
arrangement, arranging, transcription(noun)
the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The phrase battle array or array of battle is archaic and poetic; we now say in line or order of battle. The parade is for exhibition and oversight, and partial rehearsal of military manual and maneuvers. Array refers to a continuous arrangement of men, so that all may be seen or reviewed at once. This is practically impossible with the vast armies of our day. We say rather the disposition of troops, which expresses their location so as to sustain and support, though unable to see or readily communicate with each other. Compare DRESS.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use arrangement in a sentence?
Friendship is an arrangement by which we undertake to exchange small favors for big ones.
The most special (credit) line is for (financing) public transportation, the others are lines based on commercial interest. It's an arrangement that does not pose major risks.
He didn't know about the specifics of it, as far as I know, but he did know about the general arrangement that Michael would take care of things like this.
The confidence and supply arrangement (to support May) of course is built upon delivering Brexit on the basis of our shared priorities.
But what the North Koreans are more likely to have in mind for Singapore is a quick win via a vague declaration that the two leaders commit to preserving peace and to reaching a permanent peace arrangement.
Translations for arrangement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- приготовления, мерки, устройство, подреждане, аранжимент, подредба, договореностBulgarian
- acuerdo, preparativos, arreglo, planes, disposiciónSpanish
- قرارداد، پیمانPersian
- sovittaminen, järjestelyt, järjestely, sommitelma, sovitus, järjestäminen, sovinto, järjestys, sopimus, asetelmaFinnish
- arrangement, accord, disposition, composition, préparatifsFrench
- rèiteachadhScottish Gaelic
- סידור, הסדרHebrew
- व्यवस्था, इंतज़ामHindi
- röðun, samkomulag, uppstilling, ráðstöfun, skipan, uppröðun, uppsetning, útsetningIcelandic
- accomodamento, arrangiamento, preparativi, sistemazione, compromesso, incontro, accordo, composizioneItalian
- išdėstymas, sutvarkymas, susitarimasLithuanian
- układ, aranżacja, umowaPolish
- preparativos, arranjo, acordo, arranjamentoPortuguese
- aranjament, aranjareRomanian
- расстановка, приведение в порядок, расположение, приготовлениеRussian
- priprave, pripreme, aranžmanSerbo-Croatian
- అమరిక, ఏర్పాట్లుTelugu
- düzenleme, aranjmanTurkish
Get even more translations for arrangement »
Find a translation for the arrangement synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)