financial assistance in time of need
something that aids or promotes well-being
"for the benefit of all"
a performance to raise money for a charitable cause
profit, gain, benefit(verb)
derive a benefit from
"She profited from his vast experience"
clear, gain ground, derive, acquire, realise, gain, reach, win, get ahead, make headway, attain, turn a profit, bring in, put on, take in, pull in, gather, do good, profit, hit, arrive at, advance, realize, pull ahead, make, earn
benefit, do good(verb)
be beneficial for
"This will do you good"
To be or to provide a benefit to.
To receive a benefit (from). To be a beneficiary.
A performance, etc, given to raise funds for some cause.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The returns or receipts include all that is received from an outlay or investment; the profit is the excess (if any) of the receipts over the outlay; hence, in government, morals, etc., the profit is what is really good, helpful, useful, valuable. Utility is chiefly used in the sense of some immediate or personal and generally some material good. Advantage is that which gives one a vantage-ground, either for coping with competitors or with difficulties, needs, or demands; as to have the advantage of a good education; it is frequently used of what one has beyond another or secures at the expense of another; as, to have the advantage of another in an argument, or to take advantage of another in a bargain. Gain is what one secures beyond what he previously possessed. Benefit is anything that does one good. Emolument is profit, return, or value accruing through official position. Expediency has respect to profit or advantage, real or supposed, considered apart from or perhaps in opposition to right, in actions having a moral character. Compare UTILITY.
The profit of labor; on capital; in business.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Betaseron in Newly Emerging Multiple Sclerosis for Initial Treatment trial
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use benefit in a sentence?
Power prices in Germany are higher than in the Nordics. If more exports from Denmark were allowed, it would reduce prices in Germany and that would benefit German consumers, today, they are losing out.
The main benefit is durability.
Gaming is a different market. PC gamers have shown that they are resilient to macro headwinds. The company in the near term will continue to benefit from PC gaming.
The woman should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be abused again by the system, my biggest regret was, I didn't know how I could shut you off because you were a senator and you were attacking Anita Hill character. ... Anita Hill character got victimized during the process.
We have an opportunity to set a fresh approach in our relationship, i certainly hope that this is going to be an era of greater cooperation and mutual benefit.
Translations for benefit
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- доход, ползвам някого, социална помощ, изгода, бенефис, ползаBulgarian
- benefici, beneficiarCatalan, Valencian
- výhoda, prospětCzech
- von Vorteil sein, Leistung, Benefizkonzert, Vorteil, Benefizveranstaltung, profitierenGerman
- επίδομα, ευεργετώ, ωφέλεια, ωφελώ, ωφελούμαι, όφελος, ευεργετούμαιGreek
- avantaĝo, profiti, profito, benefico, subvencio, utiloEsperanto
- beneficio, beneficiar, ventajaSpanish
- بهره بردنPersian
- etu, korvaus, lahjaottelu, avustus, lahjanäytös, hyöty, lahjanäytäntöFinnish
- subvention, profiter, bénéfice, avantageFrench
- prothaidScottish Gaelic
- օգուտ, նպաստArmenian
- beneficio, avantageInterlingua
- 役立つ, 公益, 手当, 慈善興行, 利益, 恩恵, 得する, 給付金Japanese
- 자선행사, 수당, 이익, 급부, 이롭다, 견리하다Korean
- faedah, kebaikanMalay
- voordeel, subsidie, uitkering, benefietconcert, nut, benefietDutch
- subsídio, beneficente, pagamento, benefícioPortuguese
- beneficiu, beneficii, avantajRomanian
- преимущество, бенефис, пособие, выгода, льгота, социальная помощь, прок, польза, благо, прибыль, толкRussian
- gynna, gagnas, gagna, understöd, bidrag, dra fördel av, gynnasSwedish
Get even more translations for benefit »
Find a translation for the benefit synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)