of surpassing excellence
"a brilliant performance"; "a superb actor"
brainy, brilliant, smart as a whip(adj)
having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence
"some men dislike brainy women"; "a brilliant mind"; "a brilliant solution to the problem"
brilliant, glorious, magnificent, splendid(adj)
characterized by grandeur
"the brilliant court life at Versailles"; "a glorious work of art"; "magnificent cathedrals"; "the splendid coronation ceremony"
bright, brilliant, vivid(adj)
having striking color
"bright dress"; "brilliant tapestries"; "a bird with vivid plumage"
shining, promising, hopeful, splendid, intense, smart, smart as a whip, lifelike, superb, bright, lustrous, pictorial, burnished, brainy, graphic, vivid, magnificent, undimmed, glorious, shiny
full of light; shining intensely
"a brilliant star"; "brilliant chandeliers"
clear and sharp and ringing
"the bright sound of the trumpet section"; "the brilliant sound of the trumpets"
the brilliant lights along the promenade
both light and saturated
butterflies with brilliant blue wings
having a sharp, clear tone
of surpassing excellence
The actor's performance in the play was simply brilliant.
magnificent or wonderful
She is a brilliant scientist.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases:
bright, shiny, gloss, glossy, glorious, brillantes, splendid, awesome, excellent, glittering, briiliant, sparkly, resplendent, high-gloss, shining, great, guanghui, lustrous, brilliantly, fantastic, wonderful, smart, magnificent, glowing, outstanding, distinguished, amazing, clever, terrific, stellar, sparkling
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use brilliant in a sentence?
1. Patience like wine over time, you will experience the rich taste of detail. 2. Gene transformation shapes thinking and the future. 3. A lonely person is like the restless soul of reality, an ever wandering spirit in the eternal darkness of despair in the cosmic void of loneliness, meeting the dawns of the twilight of sorrow. 4. A race of smiles or a race called: Smile. This is my fantastic race of vision that you see in my many drawings. Their smiles as a symbol of awareness are something absolutely brilliant. 5. Forgiveness is better than eternal anger, which everyone does not care about. 6. Oblivion is the insidious essence of progress. 7. Civilization is when a wild wolf becomes an obedient dog of the system. 8. Laziness is an adverse reaction to the artificial system of society. 9. Truth plunges into loneliness. 10. Atmosphere is the basis and essence of any kind of art. 11. Eternity is the funeral of logic. 12. The sound of death is a small Chinese gong of death, like the sound of a dying inevitability of the heart. Filled with a deep drama of a panting breathing in the last breaths of the air of life. It was as if they had put a bag on his head for strangulation. Like a leap into the inevitability of the emptiness of a new reality of immersion in the darkness of eternity. 13. Aliens live for millennia, thousands of life experiences. But even they don’t understand our paradoxical logic of why people still hang each other on meat hooks in memory refrigerators, which have everything from love to hate. 14. Laughter through pain and depression, like a through wound from a bullet and you feel relief. Pain will give you much more awareness and experience than pleasure. 15. A person lives too little because of the time frame of the body; there is little to understand himself, life. Problems accelerate the mind hundreds of millennia onward without consciousness and awareness, and the brain depletes itself in the false illusions of the illusory traps of the deception of the false truth of egoism. 16. Progress is an inevitability in which culture will turn into a polite formality. But because of money, this progress is slowed down because everyone makes no discoveries, almost everyone is waiting for a salary. 17. We are surrounded by anomalous thinking of rationality, and the paranormal paradoxes of egoism between the lines of everyday life. 18. The Universe is a radio and only a few have tuned their brain radio waves with this endless source of genius. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
It's just a brilliant feeling, me and some friends who are volunteering here actually plan on coming back once the project is finished to see it in all its glory.
Take up something that you know will never bring you any returns except pleasure—in other words, allow yourself to live the way brilliant eighteenth century courtesans lived. Don’t be afraid of having a decorative life, even if all the decorations come from you.
' Aliens' is the template of how to write a great blockbuster, there's real skill to building the perfect roller coaster. ' Aliens' is example No. 1 of how brilliant action cinema can be.
John exudes energy, he's dynamic, jeb Bush is brilliant and was a great governor, but he just doesn't seem dynamic to me. I think that would explain why, unexpectedly why, John Kasich is doing so very well here, especially when relative to Jeb Bush.
Translations for brilliant
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ярък, блестящ, брилянт, искрящ, великолепенBulgarian
- brillant, clarCatalan, Valencian
- Brillant, genial, strahlendGerman
- kirkas, loistava, briljantti, säteilevä, nerokasFinnish
- lucente, meraviglioso, brillante, gemma, talentuoso, fantastico, di successo, splendente, superlativo, sgargiante, eccezionale, squillante, geniale, pietra preziosa, luccicanteItalian
- izcils, spožs, spilgtsLatvian
- virtuoos, briljant, geniaal, stralend, schitterend, meesterlijkDutch
- lysende, strålende, genial, klar, enestående, storslagenNorwegian
- genialny, błyszczący, znakomity, świetnyPolish
- brilhante, claroPortuguese
- блестящий, сочный, блистательный, бриллиант, великолепный, сверкающий, хрустальныйRussian
- lysande, strålande, briljant, genialisk, begåvad, glänsande, storslagen, gnistrande, mästerlig, högt, virtuosmässigSwedish
Get even more translations for brilliant »
Find a translation for the brilliant synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)