emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts
"the sun was bright and hot"; "a bright sunlit room"
unhappy, lacklustre, mat, matte, inglorious, unintelligent, dull, unfortunate, unpolished, colourless, matted, colorless, subdued, nonresonant, lustreless, flat, inauspicious, unreverberant, dark, lusterless, soft, stupid, matt, lackluster
bright, brilliant, vivid(adj)
having striking color
"bright dress"; "brilliant tapestries"; "a bird with vivid plumage"
shining, promising, hopeful, splendid, intense, smart, smart as a whip, lifelike, superb, brilliant, lustrous, pictorial, burnished, brainy, graphic, vivid, magnificent, undimmed, glorious, shiny
colourless, mat, lusterless, dark, lustreless, matte, subdued, unfortunate, unreverberant, matt, stupid, lackluster, unintelligent, unpolished, unhappy, lacklustre, inglorious, matted, inauspicious, colorless, dull, soft, flat, nonresonant
characterized by quickness and ease in learning
"some children are brighter in one subject than another"; "smart children talk earlier than the average"
matte, unintelligent, unreverberant, unhappy, nonresonant, subdued, colourless, dark, unpolished, dull, soft, matt, flat, mat, lustreless, stupid, inglorious, colorless, matted, lusterless, unfortunate, lacklustre, inauspicious, lackluster
having lots of light either natural or artificial
"the room was bright and airy"; "a stage bright with spotlights"
mat, inglorious, matte, nonresonant, unintelligent, subdued, dull, lustreless, matt, soft, lackluster, lacklustre, unhappy, inauspicious, unpolished, lusterless, flat, stupid, colourless, matted, dark, colorless, unreverberant, unfortunate
bright, burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny(adj)
made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow
"bright silver candlesticks"; "a burnished brass knocker"; "she brushed her hair until it fell in lustrous auburn waves"; "rows of shining glasses"; "shiny black patents"
lusterless, mat, dull, inglorious, subdued, dark, unfortunate, matted, unintelligent, matte, unreverberant, unhappy, lustreless, matt, lackluster, lacklustre, colorless, unpolished, stupid, soft, nonresonant, flat, colourless, inauspicious
"the bright stars of stage and screen"; "a bright moment in history"; "the bright pageantry of court"
lackluster, lustreless, soft, unfortunate, unintelligent, colorless, unhappy, matte, unreverberant, matt, matted, flat, dark, subdued, nonresonant, lusterless, inglorious, dull, inauspicious, lacklustre, stupid, unpolished, colourless, mat
not made dim or less bright
"undimmed headlights"; "surprisingly the curtain started to rise while the houselights were still undimmed"
matte, lustreless, inglorious, colorless, colourless, matt, mat, unreverberant, unfortunate, flat, nonresonant, unpolished, unintelligent, dull, unhappy, lusterless, lacklustre, soft, inauspicious, subdued, stupid, lackluster, dark, matted
clear and sharp and ringing
"the bright sound of the trumpet section"; "the brilliant sound of the trumpets"
inauspicious, lusterless, unreverberant, unfortunate, lustreless, flat, lacklustre, mat, unintelligent, subdued, lackluster, unpolished, colorless, dull, nonresonant, matted, dark, matte, matt, soft, inglorious, stupid, unhappy, colourless
characterized by happiness or gladness
"bright faces"; "all the world seems bright and gay"
unhappy, matted, lustreless, lusterless, unpolished, unfortunate, mat, subdued, nonresonant, soft, lacklustre, matte, dark, colourless, inauspicious, flat, lackluster, colorless, unreverberant, dull, stupid, matt, inglorious, unintelligent
bright, hopeful, promising(adverb)
full or promise
"had a bright future in publishing"; "the scandal threatened an abrupt end to a promising political career"; "a hopeful new singer on Broadway"
unpolished, soft, unintelligent, unfortunate, matted, inglorious, stupid, lusterless, mat, dark, subdued, matte, matt, lackluster, dull, flat, inauspicious, colorless, unhappy, nonresonant, lacklustre, colourless, lustreless, unreverberant
brilliantly, brightly, bright(adverb)
"the stars shone brilliantly"; "the windows glowed jewel bright"
dull, subdued, unreverberant, unpolished, mat, unfortunate, lusterless, inglorious, lustreless, lackluster, unhappy, inauspicious, flat, colourless, stupid, lacklustre, colorless, matt, soft, nonresonant, matte, matted, unintelligent, dark
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Clever, as used in England, especially implies an aptitude for study or learning, and for excellent tho not preeminent mental achievement. The early New England usage as implying simple and weak good nature has largely affected the use of the word throughout the United States, where it has never been much in favor. Smart, indicating dashing ability, is now coming to have a suggestion of unscrupulousness, similar to that of the word sharp, which makes its use a doubtful compliment. The discriminating use of such words as able, gifted, talented, etc., is greatly preferable to an excessive use of the word clever. Compare ACUMEN; ASTUTE; POWER.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
luminous, gleaming, lustrous, radiant, resplendent, glistening, beaming, shimmering, phosphorescent, luciferous, luminiferous, argent, orient, dazzling, glowing, glittering, flashing, scintillating, sparkling, refulgent, effulgent, brilliant, vivid, glossy, fulgent, naif, lucent, glaring, garish, crystalline, intelligent, precocious, apt, acute, discerning, clever, smart, knowing, auspicious, propitious, illustrious, glorious
List of known nicknames for "Bright":
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use bright in a sentence?
There is a lot of work to be done but the future looks bright, as a group of unions we believe that an American championship would contribute significantly to the development of the game.
When you accept a presidential appointment, you must remind yourself there are lines over which you will not step — lines impossible to define in advance but nevertheless always present, in this case, the line was bright and the decision was simple.
1. You are standing on a huge pocket watch, falling into a deep abyss of illusions, you hear the clock knock and your skin aging, you understand that soon you will break into death on the solid earth of reality, thereby you will know the pure form awareness and deep understanding. 2. In nobility there is nothing but love and light. It sees the beautiful beauty lurking in the depths of ugliness. Nobleness is the only medicine that heals with love, the only thing that can heal this world is love - it is a gentle fire that caresses, but does not burn, and always warms, illuminating everything and everything in you and everything around you, giving the true , eternal happiness, it protects you from the darkness of the lies of evil. Love is an eternal embrace, from which nothing will ever get out of anything, thereby destroying any evil with its warmth and amazingly beautiful, bright tenderness. Be noble no matter what, be light and hope, and the time will come and you will understand that you lived not in vain, keep only love in yourself, and a sunny flower will open in you, true eternal happiness. Heal the dying world with your love and nobility, because you, like everyone else, were sent to this world not for entertainment, but for salvation, you, like everyone else, are the savior, this is your true meaning of being in the world. 3. Insight is the wormhole of the universe of lies. 4. To see how ridiculous our reality is, just turn it inside out. 5. The human race ride only on the most terrible attractions and carousels of the world. In a creepy amusement park called madness. 6. You are a small fish that was launched into the great chain of water slides of the great water park, which will lead into the great ocean of the other world. 7. The human world is a Halloween costume party in which everyone portrays someone. 8. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Take a look at them, they are all wearing virtual glasses, all people see only what they want to see. Look at them, they cannot take them off. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 9. There are no locks in an honest world. 10. The inner world of man is a portal. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
There are very talented people associated with them. The actors are great. However, they are dark knights, dark, introspective. I was the bright knight, for god's sake. We just made people laugh.
We expect it to remain a bright spot over the next few years.
Translations for bright
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ساطع, نير, مستنير, لامعArabic
- зирәк, яҡты, аҡыллы, асыҡ, сағыу, баҙыҡ, башлыBashkir
- здо́льны, светлы, яркіBelarusian
- весел, умен, жив, ярък, буден, светълBulgarian
- brillant, clarCatalan, Valencian
- jasný, bystrý, světlýCzech
- livlig, munter, klar, kvik, funklende, opvakt, lys, lyseDanish
- intelligent, hell, brilliant, lebhaft, strahlend, heiter, glänzendGerman
- φωτεινός, λαμπρός, λαμπερός, έξυπνος, ευφυήςGreek
- brillante, resplandeciente, inteligente, alegre, claro, genial, vivo, lucio, expresivo, luminoso, vívidoSpanish
- شاد, فروزان, زنده, هوشمند, روشن, زیرک, تابناک, خوشPersian
- kirkas, terävä, iloinen, älykäs, välkkyFinnish
- brillant, luisant, intelligent, clair, heureux, vivideFrench
- grianmhar, spéiriúil, gealIrish
- tuigseach, geur, soilleir, toinisgeilScottish Gaelic
- בהיר, בהירהHebrew
- उज्ज्वल, चमकीला, रौशनHindi
- brillante, intelligente, viveInterlingua
- pintar, terangIndonesian
- glaðlegur, greindur, björt, skær, bjartur, skarpur, skínandi, bjart, greindarlegur, hýr, ljómandiIcelandic
- brillante, allegro, intelligente, felice, lucente, luminoso, luminosaItalian
- 賢い, 明るい, 聡明, 鮮明, 鮮やかJapanese
- زیرهک, بریقهدارKurdish
- splann, spladnCornish
- жарык, жаркырап турган, жаркыраганKyrgyz
- fénkeleg, frou, blénkeg, intelligent, hell, brillantLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- šviesus, ryškus, gyvybingas, protingas, gudrusLithuanian
- spožs, gaišs, spilgtsLatvian
- slim, monter, fel, levendig, bont, opgeruimd, intelligent, helder, vrolijkDutch
- glad, klok, dyktig, livlig, intelligent, lystig, lysNorwegian
- radiante, alegre, luminoso, vívido, brilhante, inteligente, claroPortuguese
- deștept, strălucitor, clar, luminosRomanian
- умный, яркий, сияющий, светлыйRussian
- свијетао, svetao, svijetao, светаоSerbo-Croatian
- svetlý, jasnýSlovak
- brihten, inteligenten, svetelSlovene
- klyftig, intelligent, glad, klar, ljus, färggrannSwedish
- తెలివైన, ప్రకాశవంతమైనTelugu
- matalino, maliwanagTagalog
- parlak, aydınlıkTurkish
- світлий, яскравийUkrainian
- روشن, اججول, چمکیلاUrdu
- sáng sủa, sánh dạ, thông minh, sáng, nhanh tríVietnamese
- ליכטיק, העלYiddish
Get even more translations for bright »
Find a translation for the bright synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)