stupid, stupid person, stupe, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish, pillock(adj)
a person who is not very bright
"The economy, stupid!"
lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(p)(adj)
in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
"he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue"
"a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!
To the point of stupor.
Neurobiology bores me stupid.
Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
damn, annoying, darn
I fell over the stupid wire.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
That is absurd which is contrary to the first principles of reasoning; as, that a part should be greater than the whole is absurd. A paradoxical statement appears at first thought contradictory or absurd, while it may be really true. Anything is irrational when clearly contrary to sound reason, foolish when contrary to practical good sense, silly when petty and contemptible in its folly, erroneous when containing error that vitiates the result, unreasonable when there seems a perverse bias or an intent to go wrong. Monstrous and preposterous refer to what is overwhelmingly absurd; as, "O monstrous! eleven buckram men grown out of two,"
Shakespeare1 King Henry IV, act ii, sc. 4. The ridiculous or the nonsensical is worthy only to be laughed at. The lunatic's claim to be a king is ridiculous; the Mother Goose rimes are nonsensical. Compare INCONGRUOUS.
absurd, anomalous, chimerical, erroneous, false, foolish, ill-advised, ill-considered, ill-judged, inconclusive, incorrect, infatuated, irrational, ludicrous, mistaken, monstrous, nonsensical, paradoxical, preposterous, ridiculous, senseless, unreasonable, wild
certain, consistent, demonstrable, demonstrated, established, incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable, indubitable, infallible, logical, rational, reasonable, sagacious, sensible, sound, substantial, true, undeniable, unquestionable, wise
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
dull, stolid, obtuse, sluggish, inept, bovine, beef-witted, beetle-headed, besotted, fat-witted, doltish, undiscerning, prosaic, vapid, prosy, humdrum, uninspiring tame, lethargic, comatose, stupefied, torpid, insensible
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use stupid in a sentence?
do not act stupid to impress the dopes Be YOURSELF and impress everyone -
People are really stupid. They think you're serious and intelligent if you're a brunette with a pale complexion and a bit of hooked nose. If you're blonde and pretty, they don't give you that sort of part. It's short-sighted and stupid, but that's how it goes.
You listen to the scientists; you dont say stupid things, you dont suggest to people they can go to work.
Lopez Obrador is not stupid, so he will try to get along with Mr. Trump, i think Mr. Trump knows that Mexico is better as a friend than hostile, but I don’t think Mr. Lopez Obrador will shake hands with Trump. I think he will never be together in the same picture.
Trump is wrong on this, he's doing this. He's not a stupid guy. Don't think he thinks every Mexican crossing the border is a rapist. He's doing this to inflame and incite and to draw attention, which seems to be his organizing principle of his campaign.
Translations for stupid
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дурны, глупыBelarusian
- тъп, глупавBulgarian
- bèstia, estúpid, toixCatalan, Valencian
- глоупъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- blöd, dumm, doof, blGerman
- βλάκας, ανόητος, ηλίθιοςGreek
- gilí, menso, estúpido, estupefacto, pendejoSpanish
- loll, rumal, nõmeEstonian
- کودن, احمقPersian
- typerä, tyhmäFinnish
- stupide, bêteFrench
- baoghalta, doilleir, amaideach, gòrachScottish Gaelic
- מטופש, טִיפֵּשHebrew
- नासमझ, मूर्खHindi
- հիմար, դանդալոշArmenian
- dungu, bebal, geblek, bodoh, goblok, tolol, sontoloyoIndonesian
- stupido, stupefatto, scemoItalian
- サイコー, イカす, カッコイイ, シブい, 愚か, 馬鹿, 馬鹿げた, ダサい, 間抜け, 愚かなJapanese
- bodho, sontoloyo, goblogJavanese
- ақылсыз, дүлей, мисызKazakh
- 어리석다, 어리석은Korean
- келесоо, акмакKyrgyz
- stupidus, stupide, stultusLatin
- ຕຶບ, ຊ້າ, ຈ້າ, ປຶLao
- stulbs, muļķīgs, dumjšLatvian
- palui, bebal, tongong, sementung, goblok, baghal, bongok, bangang, dungu, pusung, ahmak, congong, bingung, songor, bahlul, dongok, bodoh, bengap, jahil, pongah, tolol, pandik, dogol, bongak, benak, hamikMalay
- မိုက်, တုံးတာ, တုံး, နBurmese
- idioot, domme, stomme, onverstandig, onverstandige, dom, idiote, stomDutch
- estupendo, estupidamente, estúpido, estupidificadoPortuguese
- stupid, prostRomanian
- тупоумный, неумный, глупый, дурнойRussian
- मूर्ख, मूढ, निर्बुद्धि, अज्ञानSanskrit
- zatupljujući, тупоуман, tupouman, глу̑п, glȗp, блесав, blesav, тупоглав, tupoglavSerbo-Croatian
- මොට්ටSinhala, Sinhalese
- butast, glup, neumen, trapastSlovene
- omtöcknad, dumSwedish
- తెలివితక్కువ, బుద్ధిలేని, తెలివి లేనిTelugu
- беақл, аблаҳона, нодон, аҳмақTajik
- gagal, samsyk, akylsyzTurkmen
- tanga, boboTagalog
- aptal, ahmaklar, ahmak, bön, salakTurkish
- глупий, дурнийUkrainian
- ناسمجھ, بے وقوف, مورکھUrdu
- ngu, ngu ngốc, ngốc nghếchVietnamese
- loigne, biesseWalloon
Get even more translations for stupid »
Find a translation for the stupid synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)