Synonyms for stupid
ˈstu pɪd, ˈstyu-stupid
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word stupid.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
A stupid person; a fool.
Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!
To the point of stupor.
Neurobiology bores me stupid.
Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
damn, annoying, darn
I fell over the stupid wire.
English Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
That is absurd which is contrary to the first principles of reasoning; as, that a part should be greater than the whole is absurd. A paradoxical statement appears at first thought contradictory or absurd, while it may be really true. Anything is irrational when clearly contrary to sound reason, foolish when contrary to practical good sense, silly when petty and contemptible in its folly, erroneous when containing error that vitiates the result, unreasonable when there seems a perverse bias or an intent to go wrong. Monstrous and preposterous refer to what is overwhelmingly absurd; as, "O monstrous! eleven buckram men grown out of two,"
Shakespeare1 King Henry IV, act ii, sc. 4. The ridiculous or the nonsensical is worthy only to be laughed at. The lunatic's claim to be a king is ridiculous; the Mother Goose rimes are nonsensical. Compare INCONGRUOUS.
absurd, anomalous, chimerical, erroneous, false, foolish, ill-advised, ill-considered, ill-judged, inconclusive, incorrect, infatuated, irrational, ludicrous, mistaken, monstrous, nonsensical, paradoxical, preposterous, ridiculous, senseless, unreasonable, wild
certain, consistent, demonstrable, demonstrated, established, incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable, indubitable, infallible, logical, rational, reasonable, sagacious, sensible, sound, substantial, true, undeniable, unquestionable, wise
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet4.3 / 4 votes
stupid, stupid person, stupe, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish, pillockadjective
a person who is not very bright
"The economy, stupid!"
lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(p)adjective
in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
"he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue"
"a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
dull, stolid, obtuse, sluggish, inept, bovine, beef-witted, beetle-headed, besotted, fat-witted, doltish, undiscerning, prosaic, vapid, prosy, humdrum, uninspiring tame, lethargic, comatose, stupefied, torpid, insensible
Words popularity by usage frequency
I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret...if you have any sense....And if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid.
Can't stop stupid we just shake our heads Can't stop stupid is what is said Can't stop stupid no matter what we do Can't stop stupid as it may even happen to you
To think that living standards go down and people, what, revolt? It's too simplistic, that would follow the logic of 'it's the economy, stupid.' But it's not just the economy, stupid.
Right now, think of this, we owe China $1.3 trillion. We owe Japan more than that. So they come in, they take our jobs, they take our money and then they loan us back the money and we pay them in interest. And then the dollar goes up, so their deal is even better. How stupid are our leaders? How stupid are these politicians to allow this to happen? How stupid are they?
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask — Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Translations for stupid
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дурны, глупыBelarusian
- тъп, глупавBulgarian
- bèstia, estúpid, toixCatalan, Valencian
- глоупъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- blöd, dumm, doof, blGerman
- βλάκας, ανόητος, ηλίθιοςGreek
- gilí, menso, estúpido, estupefacto, pendejoSpanish
- loll, rumal, nõmeEstonian
- کودن, احمقPersian
- typerä, tyhmäFinnish
- stupide, bêteFrench
- baoghalta, doilleir, amaideach, gòrachScottish Gaelic
- מטופש, טִיפֵּשHebrew
- नासमझ, मूर्खHindi
- հիմար, դանդալոշArmenian
- dungu, bebal, geblek, bodoh, goblok, tolol, sontoloyoIndonesian
- stupido, stupefatto, scemoItalian
- サイコー, イカす, カッコイイ, シブい, 愚か, 馬鹿, 馬鹿げた, ダサい, 間抜け, 愚かなJapanese
- bodho, sontoloyo, goblogJavanese
- ақылсыз, дүлей, мисызKazakh
- 어리석다, 어리석은Korean
- келесоо, акмакKyrgyz
- stupidus, stupide, stultusLatin
- ຕຶບ, ຊ້າ, ຈ້າ, ປຶLao
- stulbs, muļķīgs, dumjšLatvian
- palui, bebal, tongong, sementung, goblok, baghal, bongok, bangang, dungu, pusung, ahmak, congong, bingung, songor, bahlul, dongok, bodoh, bengap, jahil, pongah, tolol, pandik, dogol, bongak, benak, hamikMalay
- မိုက်, တုံးတာ, တုံး, နBurmese
- idioot, domme, stomme, onverstandig, onverstandige, dom, idiote, stomDutch
- estupendo, estupidamente, estúpido, estupidificadoPortuguese
- stupid, prostRomanian
- тупоумный, неумный, глупый, дурнойRussian
- मूर्ख, मूढ, निर्बुद्धि, अज्ञानSanskrit
- zatupljujući, тупоуман, tupouman, глу̑п, glȗp, блесав, blesav, тупоглав, tupoglavSerbo-Croatian
- මොට්ටSinhala, Sinhalese
- butast, glup, neumen, trapastSlovene
- omtöcknad, dumSwedish
- తెలివితక్కువ, బుద్ధిలేని, తెలివి లేనిTelugu
- беақл, аблаҳона, нодон, аҳмақTajik
- gagal, samsyk, akylsyzTurkmen
- tanga, boboTagalog
- aptal, ahmaklar, ahmak, bön, salakTurkish
- глупий, дурнийUkrainian
- ناسمجھ, بے وقوف, مورکھUrdu
- ngu, ngu ngốc, ngốc nghếchVietnamese
- loigne, biesseWalloon
Get even more translations for stupid »
Find a translation for the stupid synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"stupid." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 4 Oct. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/stupid>.