the region that is inside of something
the inner or enclosed surface of something
relating to or being on the side closer to the center or within a defined space
"he reached into his inside jacket pocket"; "inside out"; "an inside pitch is between home plate and the batter"
being or applying to the inside of a building
"an inside wall"
inside, inner, privileged(adj)
confined to an exclusive group
"privy to inner knowledge"; "inside information"; "privileged information"
away from the outer edge
"an inner lahne"; "the inside lane"
within a building
"in winter we play inside"
on the inside
"inside, the car is a mess"
with respect to private feelings
"inwardly, she was raging"
at heart, at bottom, deep down, inside, in spite of appearance(adverb)
"she is very kind at heart"
Originating from or arranged by someone inside an organisation.
It started raining, so I went inside.
A pitch that is toward the batter as it crosses home plate.
The first pitch is ... just a bit inside.
Nearer to the interior of a running track, horse racing course etc.
Because of the tighter bend, it's harder to run in an inside lane.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use inside in a sentence?
A great animator is basically a great actor. Yes they have the technical skills, they can draw, they can operate a computer. But fundamentally they are thinking about what is going on inside the character's head, they are always thinking about what is causing that movement so it is not movement for movement's sake.
If you have a lung cancer inside your lung, that cancer is producing a range of chemicals in very, very minute amounts. And this device can collect those samples, those tiny amounts of volatile organic compounds, which we can then analyze in the laboratory. And in effect, it's a bit like a fingerprint. If you have a lung cancer we believe that we can detect these samples and that fingerprint will tell us whether the person has lung cancer or not.
He's dealing with it by drinking. I've begged him to stop. left to his own devices, he'll be dead inside a week.
I only love you, like a dream I forgot inside of me.
In the letter he simply gives expression to a longstanding concern about drug trafficking getting worse and taking root inside (Argentina).
Translations for inside
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- داخل, في بطن, ضمنArabic
- dins, interiorCatalan, Valencian
- dovnitř, uvnitř, vnitřekCzech
- i mewnWelsh
- herein, Innenseite, Inneres, nach innen, drinnen, innerhalb, im inneren, im innernGerman
- interne deEsperanto
- adentro, dentro de, dentro, interiorSpanish
- sees, -sEstonian
- درون, داخلPersian
- sisäpuoli, sisään, sisäinen, sisällä, sisäpuolinen, sisäpiiriFinnish
- a-staighScottish Gaelic
- andedan, nanHaitian Creole
- մեջ, ներս, ներքինArmenian
- dall'interno, nel, interno, all'interno, dentro, riservato, negli, nello, nellaItalian
- 内部, 中Japanese
- 내, 내부, 內, 안, ...안에, 속Korean
- ژوورێ, ژوورهوه, ناوKurdish
- внатре, внатрешност, внатрешенMacedonian
- അകം, അകത്ത്, ഉള്ളിൽMalayalam
- binnen, binnenkantDutch
- wewnątrz, w środkuPolish
- adentro, interno, dentro, interiorPortuguese
- внутри, внутренность, внутренний, внутрь, внутренняя частьRussian
- ùnūtra, nutrìna, unutarnji, ùnutrašnjōst, nutarnjiSerbo-Croatian
- notranjost, nóterSlovene
- insida, insides-, i, in, inutiSwedish
- sınırları içinde, içinde, -e doğru, içerisindeTurkish
- ådvins, dinsWalloon
Get even more translations for inside »
Find a translation for the inside synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)