the region that is inside of something
the inner or enclosed surface of something
relating to or being on the side closer to the center or within a defined space
"he reached into his inside jacket pocket"; "inside out"; "an inside pitch is between home plate and the batter"
being or applying to the inside of a building
"an inside wall"
inside, inner, privileged(adj)
confined to an exclusive group
"privy to inner knowledge"; "inside information"; "privileged information"
away from the outer edge
"an inner lahne"; "the inside lane"
within a building
"in winter we play inside"
on the inside
"inside, the car is a mess"
with respect to private feelings
"inwardly, she was raging"
at heart, at bottom, deep down, inside, in spite of appearance(adverb)
"she is very kind at heart"
Originating from or arranged by someone inside an organisation.
It started raining, so I went inside.
A pitch that is toward the batter as it crosses home plate.
The first pitch is ... just a bit inside.
Nearer to the interior of a running track, horse racing course etc.
Because of the tighter bend, it's harder to run in an inside lane.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use inside in a sentence?
Inside the prisons, this would not only allow them to start engaging in better social distancing practices because they'll be a little less crowded but it will also take a lot of pressure off the prison hospitals and the prison medical workers who are otherwise going to be scrambling to care for this population if the coronavirus gets in there.
I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.
No matter where you're in the world, and regardless of the seasons, the temperature inside your room is always the room temperature.
You saw the rally inside. It's something very special, there's no strategy. We just want to make America great again. That's my strategy.
The problem in policing is not the few who behaved outside of policy, it's the many who behave inside of policy, which means it's the policy that's the problem.
Translations for inside
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- داخل, في بطن, ضمنArabic
- dins, interiorCatalan, Valencian
- dovnitř, uvnitř, vnitřekCzech
- i mewnWelsh
- herein, Innenseite, Inneres, nach innen, drinnen, innerhalb, im inneren, im innernGerman
- interne deEsperanto
- adentro, dentro de, dentro, interiorSpanish
- sees, -sEstonian
- درون, داخلPersian
- sisäpuoli, sisään, sisäinen, sisällä, sisäpuolinen, sisäpiiriFinnish
- a-staighScottish Gaelic
- andedan, nanHaitian Creole
- մեջ, ներս, ներքինArmenian
- dall'interno, nel, interno, all'interno, dentro, riservato, negli, nello, nellaItalian
- 内部, 中Japanese
- 내, 내부, 內, 안, ...안에, 속Korean
- ژوورێ, ژوورهوه, ناوKurdish
- внатре, внатрешност, внатрешенMacedonian
- അകം, അകത്ത്, ഉള്ളിൽMalayalam
- binnen, binnenkantDutch
- wewnątrz, w środkuPolish
- adentro, interno, dentro, interiorPortuguese
- внутри, внутренность, внутренний, внутрь, внутренняя частьRussian
- ùnūtra, nutrìna, unutarnji, ùnutrašnjōst, nutarnjiSerbo-Croatian
- notranjost, nóterSlovene
- insida, insides-, i, in, inutiSwedish
- sınırları içinde, içinde, -e doğru, içerisindeTurkish
- ådvins, dinsWalloon
Get even more translations for inside »
Find a translation for the inside synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)